This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• Must...stop...refreshing...forum...and...do...work...
    ditto
    QFT.
  • Must...stop...refreshing...forum...and...do...work...
    ditto
    QFT.
    At least you are all at work, its my day off...
  • At least you are all at work, its my day off...
    I'm currently working OT. >.
  • What the eff. Last week's sore throat is coming back. I think I have some sort of vitamin deficiency (likely zinc) that is wreaking havoc on my immunity. Time to buy some Centrum.
  • Being at work when I'm not supposed to be.
    Then being at work longer because people can't agree on how to fix a problem that isn't really a problem.
    Then waiting it out even longer because other people can't be reached to coordinate the new fixes.
    Then reminding myself how much I'd rather be working for myself.
    Then posting here because I have nothing better to do.
  • It's only 3:30 and the fail is already starting on the DC beltway.
    Why not just take the Metro?

Also, ah~! It's good to have a close commute. *walks 4 blocks* :P
  • Why not just take the Metro?
    Because unless you live in DC and maybe Arlington, the Metro is not so hot.
    Also, ah~! It's good to have a close commute. *walks 4 blocks* :P
    Indeed it is. *walks half a mile to and from work everyday*
  • Two hours in a resume session and the people that walked in an hour after us got seen first. I actually had to move to get seen because the woman doing our side of the room SKIPPED our row. Roommate is just now getting seen...last in the room. FUCK. ASS. They really needed a sign-in sheet.
  • edited November 2009
    Fail of Yesterday:

There was a 15 minute hailstorm as I was waiting for my friend to pick me up and take me to the airport. Of course there was an accident, and of course he got stuck in the traffic. When I went through security, they thought my external hard drive was a bomb. I was the last person to board my plane, right before it took off.

When I got to DC, we went out to a club. It was my girlfriend's birthday, but a confluence of too much alcohol and too little (read: none) dinner meant we walked to the club, then I helped her stumble back home. Not the most fun day.

EDIT: Fail of today:

My supervisor at work sent an email welcoming a new customer support person, and mentioned everyone except me. I'm head of tech support. Thanks, Kurt.
    Post edited by YoshoKatana on
  • Omnutia, what the hell am I watching?
  • Omnutia, what the hell am I watching?
    One of the comments is "people fap to this". Even though it's funny, it's horribly true.
  • edited November 2009
    Think you're man enough to take it to the next level? This one is seven minutes long.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Is this the same Kanon that Dave Riley said he would "punch you in the face" for enjoying?
  • edited November 2009
    Kanon is actually quite enjoyable, if you're looking for something to completely numb your brain.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Is this the same Kanon that Dave Riley said he would "punch you in the face" for enjoying?
    Ah, I love Fast Karate.
    Maybe he was mentioning the 2002 version and not the 2006 version.
  • edited November 2009
    Fail of my day: Suite-style college housing joined by a bathroom space that, aside from the area with the toilet, has hollow doors. There are certain things I should not have to listen to while I get ready for bed.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Ordered a powered USB hub, when it got here, the power cable wouldn't reach from my desk to the floor.. WTF?
    Ah, I love Fast Karate.
    After watching seven minutes of that, I agree that...that...whatever the hell that was, I agree Dave. Jesus christ, the girls all make animal sounds and act like morons...
  • Woah.. someone was crazy enough to actually watch it.
  • I work up the drive to get this email to a friend in Japan done tonight, I reinstall Japanese input after the 9.10 upgrade and it decides it isn't going to work. FDS..
  • After cutting down on caffeine and attempting to sleep earlier, I fell asleep and woke up a whole eighteen hours later. I hate my body.
  • After cutting down on caffeine and attempting to sleep earlier, I fell asleep and woke up a whole eighteen hours later. I hate my body.
    And your body probably hates you as well :)
  • And now, even after returning to my old caffeine intake with great gusto, I feel half asleep.
  • It's a fail because I should have done this ages ago. I'm organizing, renaming, assigning idv3 tags (to the music that doesn't have it) to over 100gb of music. Oy.
  • It's a fail because I should have done this ages ago. I'm organizing, renaming, assigning idv3 tags (to the music that doesn't have it) to over 100gb of music. Oy.
    I know how that feels. It's a bunch of ASSSSSSSSSS!!!
    I just re-download correctly tagged files. I don't have the time to re-tag 12,000 songs.
  • I've been taken advantage of and I am angry. What can you do when it's your own relative. Someone you think you could trust. This aunt of mine has been taking and not returning the money left to my sister. The account is in her and another aunt name because they are caretakers of my sister who is high functioning yet still mentally challenged. This same aunt asked me for help during the summer in which I gave her a sum. At first I was hesitant because of her need to keep this "on the down low." I did so because of the all mighty guilt card and how my mom would've done it.

I decided to trust her, because at the time I was still mending ties to my family since my mother's death and sorting through the trust issues I have. After three months of not being paid back and finding out what she did to my sister. I am in grief all over again. I shouldn't trust anyone blindly, not even family it seems. It's not the money I am upset about, but the fact that my personal feelings was played and used for monetary gain. I hate this and I am crying, needing my mom. It was such a great day before this.

This is a fail. A grown woman cry over this.