This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• I recommend a beer or two to help with the stress.
  • edited December 2009
    I recommend a beer or two to help with the stress.
    No, Bird. You'll have time for that later.

Study hard. Make us proud.
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • Okay, this deserves a double post. I was just informed that a friend from high school presently enrolled in the Naval Academy as a freshman will be shipping out to Afghanistan under the new troop surge. He doesn't know when, he doesn't know for how long, he just knows that he's going.

Mr. President, I am disappoint.
    He shouldn't have joined the military, it's as simple as that. I keep hearing about all these people getting angry, mad, crying, or whatever. Stop it. He/She shouldn't have signed up if they didn't want to get shipped off.
  • Just wondering, what was it in Arashi no Yoru ni that made you cry? :P
    Everything! No seriously when (spoilers)[the wolf and the goat run away to the mountains, they are starving and dying of cold, and the goat offers himself up to the wolf as prey. He's really brave, and the wolf loves him so much he can't do it. I felt so emotionally conflicted that movie, because it was one of the most romantic Romeo and Juliet stories, very slash-able, but it was a cartoon-y wolf and a goat?]
  • Getting really tempted to buy a new car, especially with VW's zero down, sign then drive specials. Would be nice to have a new car with bluetooth for my phone...and an input for my music, climate control that switched zones correctly, and front wheel bearings that work correctly.
  • Are you selling your current vehicle?
  • I'd probably trade it in if I went for a new car.
    You know, there are three used car lots in Beacon. If you are still looking by then, we can walk over and take a look. I'll peek and see if there are any obvious cheap but good deals. One's a Kia dealer even.
    You know, there are three used car lots in Beacon. If you are still looking by then, we can walk over and take a look. I'll peek and see if there are any obvious cheap but good deals. One's a Kia dealer even.
    Thanks, but we probably won't buy until Adam is teaching again. If I could get a bargain from someone I know, that is completely different.
  • Oh, Kate were you interested in my car? You don't want it, trust me. SAABs are not cars for non-enthusiasts. Maintaining the car would require more knowledge than you have and probably ever care to learn.
    One's a Kia dealer even.
    Oh god, no, anything but those accused things.
  • edited December 2009
    I want a kia...
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • I want a kia...
    Please, I implore you, get a Toyota that's a few years older instead. Camrys are wonderfully reliable and plentiful.
  • From what I recall, Kias have lower safety ratings than I would like to see in a car. I'm on the Toyota side...I love my Camry. My previous car was a Camry, and my mom had a Camry. They are pretty much awesome. That or a Honda Accord. Two best used cars for reliability and value retainer.
  • Why you don't want to buy Korean cars.

• Very small fail: Bit the inside of my lip two days ago, and I just keep on biting it when I'm eating so it won't go away. Painful and annoying.
  • edited December 2009
    I want a kia...
    Please, I implore you, get a Toyota that's a few years older instead. Camrys are wonderfully reliable and plentiful.
    I want a small, fuel efficient, 4 door hatchback with a small sticker price (Kia, Toyota, Nissan, and Honda are all in the running). I will likely end up with a whatever I can find at a used car lot within budget and with the lowest mileage.
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • I want a small, fuel efficient, 4 door hatchback with a small sticker price
    The Fit is go!
    The Fit is go!
    And expensive.
    The Fit is go!
    And expensive.
    As long as you don't get all the shiny bits, they're not that much more than similar vehicles. That's the new car market, though; I know that Hondas have a high resale value, so in the used market, I can imagine a Fit would be significantly more expensive than anything else.

I've heard the Versa is quite nice and affordable. Toyota is probably a good bet, but I would really really really avoid Kia; they're not very good cars.
    The Fit is go!
    And expensive.
    As long as you don't get all the shiny bits, they're not that much more than similar vehicles. That's the new car market, though; I know that Hondas have a high resale value, so in the used market, I can imagine a Fit would be significantly more expensive than anything else.
    I've heard the Versa is quite nice and affordable. Toyota is probably a good bet, but I would really really really avoid Kia; they're not very good cars.
    The others include the shiny bits for less money. Also, Honda has not been offering nearly as much off their Fits as other makers have on similar vehicles. How are Kai's "not good cars"? Please provide some data because I have been reading up on them the past year and for the cost and cost of maintenance, they don't seem all that bad.
  • How are Kai's "not good cars"?
    Because they don't exist.
  • How are Kai's "not good cars"? Please provide some data because I have been reading up on them the past year and for the cost and cost of maintenance, they don't seem all that bad.
    Did you watch those videos?
  • edited December 2009
    How areKai's"not good cars"?
    Because they don't exist.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • edited December 2009
    Please provide some data
    IIHS Crash Test Ratings for Kia Rio Model Years '06 - '09
    Government Crash Test Ratings for the '09 Rio

Here's the same information for the Honda Fit:
    IIHS Ratings
    Government Ratings

The Kia isn't bad, per se, but it's the worst of the available choices.

EDIT: I should also point out that the Fit comes with lots of shiny things by default. The Nissan Versa, for example, doesn't have ABS as standard equipment. If you add ABS to the Versa, you have to add some BS "Power Package" that brings its price up to that of the basic Honda Fit; their features are identical at that point.

Basically, the Fit Sport with Navigation is very expensive and probably unnecessary (even though I have and love the center-mounted GPS, it's definitely not needed). When you try to outfit similar vehicles with similar features, you'll find that the prices really aren't that different.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • edited December 2009
    3:30 - Dr's appointment to address pain and get physical accommodations so I can take my Exams.
    4:15 - Clinic lady tells me I need to see and Orthopedist and writes me a referral. Have to have a diagnosis from the Orthopod before they can do anything.
    4:30 - Orthopedist closes.

I am now zoned out on drugs (yes, prescription), which are only partially cutting the pain, and can't even make an appointment until they open tomorrow.
    Post edited by Nuri on
  • My ex-roommate's house got broken into last night and robbed at gun point by three men.
  • My ex-roommate's house got broken into last night and robbed at gun point by three men.
    Wow. That's just awful. I hope the police can find these men and get his stuff back, or at least that insurance will replace it. Glad no one got shot, but it's still terrible.
    I had almost forgotten that shit like that actually happens. That's terrible.
    Does your ex-roommate sell drugs, by any chance? My girlfriend knew some guys who sold weed, and the same thing happened. They took all the money, all the weed, and their X-box.

In any case, that sucks, sorry to hear it.
  • Does your ex-roommate sell drugs, by any chance? My girlfriend knew some guys who sold weed, and the same thing happened. They took all the money, all the weed,andtheir X-box.

In any case, that sucks, sorry to hear it.
    No, we live in downtown Atlanta.