This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• It went from about 60 ish when I walked to work to a frigid, damp 45 on the way home.
  • It hit freezing today, and snowed a little. Winter in Rochester has officially begun. God save us all.
  • Keith Ballard: Biggest idiot in the NHL...
  • Saw New Moon.

Good lord...
  • Saw New Moon.

Good lord...
    Why would you subject yourself to it?
  • What was going through your mind?! Why did you do that?
  • edited December 2009
    I won't go into details of how and why I came to watch the thing. I will say that it was so horrible that I couldn't even laugh at how bad it was. It was the perfect storm of terrible. Not 15 minutes in, Edward is actually all sullen and emo because he...wait for it...can't commit suicide. How angsty is that?
    I'm so angsty that I want to die...only I can't because I'm already dead. BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWW.
    Only he can't really "baw", and neither can any of the other actors, because I don't think anyone actually moves their lips when they spoke in some misguided attempt to appear brooding and expressionless.

There are no words for how bad this thing was.
    Post edited by GreatTeacherMacRoss on
  • Our one vehicle won't start. I think it is the battery, so not a big issue (I hope), but it is delaying my progress into work.
  • edited December 2009
    Our one vehicle won't start. I think it is the battery, so not a big issue (I hope), but it is delaying my progress into work.
    Symptoms? Does it click when you turn the key? Can you hear the fuel pump prime? Your vehicle is relatively new, right? It's odd the battery would go so early in its life.
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • Our one vehicle won't start. I think it is the battery, so not a big issue (I hope), but it is delaying my progress into work.
    Symptoms? Does it click when you turn the key? Can you hear the fuel pump prime? Your vehicle is relatively new, right? It's odd the battery would go so early in its life.
    There was build up on the connector. The battery, starter, etc. all tested fine once the build up was cleaned. The battery and the car are over 2 years old and we put a lot of miles on it (over 56,000) in that time.
  • There was build up on the connector. The battery, starter, etc. all tested fine once the build up was cleaned. The battery and the car are over 2 years old and we put a lot of miles on it (over 56,000) in that time.
    Miles matter not to batteries, it's mostly age and wear and tear (charging, discharging, and the extreme temperatures of summer and winter.) I'm surpirsed they corroded that badly, new cars don't usually have that problem anymore.
  • There was build up on the connector. The battery, starter, etc. all tested fine once the build up was cleaned. The battery and the car are over 2 years old and we put a lot of miles on it (over 56,000) in that time.
    Miles matter not to batteries, it's mostly age and wear and tear (charging, discharging, and the extreme temperatures of summer and winter.) I'm surpirsed they corroded that badly, new cars don't usually have that problem anymore.
    Would storing it outdoors in a northern climate effect that? We don't have a garage or carport.
  • Yeah, batteries don't like cold, but that doesn't cause corrosion on the terminals as far as I'm aware.
  • The battery and the car are over 2 years old and we put a lot of miles on it
    Well, did you buy the car used? If so, the battery is probably far older than that.
  • The battery and the car are over 2 years old and we put a lot of miles on it
    Well, did you buy the car used? If so, the battery is probably far older than that.
    No, it was the van that we bought new.
  • Wait, Hachiko with American Actors? Eh?

Okay then. That's weird. My friends were asking if I saw the story of Hachiko and I was like "Sure!" thinking of all the made for TV shorts and stuff concerning the famous sad story. I wonder if this is what they were talking about.
  • I just realized I've had a minimum of 7 cups of coffee at work today. O.O
    This is why I don't do weak coffee.
  • This is why I don't do weak coffee.
    It wasn't particulalry weak, I just kept getting up when the cup was empty to refill it and didn't realize until now that I had gone though so much.
  • edited December 2009
    I just realized I've had a minimum of 7 cups of coffee at work today. O.O
    This is why I don't do weak coffee.
    I take the advice of my childhood friends father with regards to Coffee, at age 16, I am at near black, with no sugar.
    Cafe o lei is for children.
    (I like my coffee black, unlike my metal)
    Post edited by ElJoe0 on
  • edited December 2009
    Two cups of what I normally drink and I doubt your hands would be steady enough to pour a third. ~_^
    Post edited by George Patches on
    I had a grande latte from Starbucks, and I still had to brew some coffee earlier today. I'm just super tired for some reason.
  • Hachiko: A Dog's Story
    Why does every dog story have to be sad? Why can't someone write a story like, "There was this dude who had a dog. They were good friends and they were happy together. Every now and then they'd go to the park and hang out, where they were even happier. THE END."
  • Why does every dog story have to be sad? Why can't someone write a story like, "There was this dude who had a dog. They were good friends and they were happy together. Every now and then they'd go to the park and hang out, where they were even happier. THE END."
    Because stories where there are no changes aren't really stories.
  • edited December 2009
    What about a story where the dog changes from a terrified formerly-abused cowardly dog into a happy, loving dog with her new family? That's the story of my mom's dog, Star. She was left outside chained up and beaten up all the time by the person who owned her before she was dropped at the shelter. We rescued her from the shelter after she had been scheduled for euthanasia 3 times...the staff all loved her and couldn't bear to put her down. It took about 5 years with us for her to have mostly-normal behavior, but now she is a happy, lovey doggie!

There. Happy story. Change and everything.

FAIL that people can treat pets like that evil guy. >:(
    Post edited by Nuri on
  • edited December 2009
    There are a lot of dog movies that don't involve death of the dog.
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • I will say that it was so horrible that I couldn't even laugh at how bad it was. It was the perfect storm of terrible...There are no words for how bad this thing was.
    Some female cousins coerced me into seeing it with them after Thanksgiving dinner. It transcends Plan 9... I mean, I can see how these character might be appealing in some weird, guilty-pleasure-purple-prose way to readers of the books, but the movie requires an almost De Sade-like level of masochism to actually enjoy.
  • There. Happy story. Change and everything.
    I forgot, you also need convict. Not that it can't have a happy ending.