This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• Despite going to Radio Shack anyway, I forgot to pick up the L-joint I needed to properly run the coaxial cable for my FIOS to the desk from behind the futon, which was the only reason I went to Radio Shack in the first place.
  • AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
    That is all.
    Care to elaborate more on the frustration/fury you are dealing with.
  • Are there any good steampunk movies?
    Steamboy.
    Kinshin Corps? (does that count?)
    There are the manyThe Time Machinemovies, the best of which is probablyTime After Time. If pure, straight fantasy suffices for the "punk" part, you might likeSomewhere in Time.
    Time after Time is one of my personal favorites. Malcolm McDowell portrayed an excellent H.G. Wells.
  • AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
    Holy crap! Kate is evolving! Kate evolved into a Pirate!

Wait, how is this a fail?
  • So today I went to Oxford Street to buy some X-mas goodies for my buddies, we had a good day with fun and friendship and all of that jazz . A blizzard started. This crippled the bus and tube network. I spent the next three hours walking home in the cold cold snow
  • If there's one thing I wasn't counting on it was hard drive failure on Christmas Eve.
  • If there's one thing I wasn't counting on it was hard drive failure on Christmas Eve.
    Maybe Santa will bring you a shiny terabyte drive?
  • My mom made me go to church for the first time in around 2 years last night. It was so boring that I couldn't fall asleep. Also, the cannibalistic Jesus crackers literally taste like cardboard. I have tasted cardboard before, they taste exactly the same.
  • No matter how old I get, I don't think I'll ever be able to get excited about receiving clothes for Christmas.
  • edited December 2009
    No matter how old I get, I don't think I'll ever be able to get excited about receiving clothes for Christmas.
    I don't know, maybe it's because I'm a girl, but I like getting clothes for Christmas provided they are nice clothes and they fit me well. Unfortunately, I think everyone still thinks I'm slightly chubbier than I actually am at this point.
    Also, I have a very strange love for getting socks for Christmas. I don't know why.
    Post edited by Anrild on
  • I don't know, maybe it's because I'm a girl, but I like getting clothes for Christmas provided they are nice clothes and they fit me well. Unfortunately, I think everyone still thinks I'm slightly chubbier than I actually am at this point.
    Also, I have a very strange love for getting socks for Christmas. I don't know why.
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion I suppose. However, I got my sister a rice cooker and some jasmine brown rice, I got my brother the N+ DS game, I got my father a sketchbook and some pencils, I got my mother some of her favorite snacks. What do I get?
    Novelty underwear.
  • I have a horrible sinus infection, on Christmas no less. Uggghhh.
  • No matter how old I get, I don't think I'll ever be able to get excited about receiving clothes for Christmas.
    I love getting clothes for Christmas because it means I don't have to shop for clothes.
    I got a pea coat for Christmas, and while it doesn't quite fit right and I'm exchanging it for a size down, it's still a clothing gift I can get behind.
    I normally get blankets, knee-high socks, and fuzzy socks for Christmas from non-close family. I always seem to make the most out of them because I never buy them for myself throughout the year and they keep me warm in my apartment.
  • Fail related to Secret Santa. I'm having trouble but not getting any help :(
  • edited December 2009
    Prohibited from going to Anime LA. For STUPID reasons.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • edited December 2009
    Looks like I'm playing Dragon Age on minimum settings, at least on the computer I use while away at college. And there looms the small possibility that this computer cannot handle the game at all, which would be very, very unfortunate, giving me only three weeks to beat it on the tower here.

Edit: Well, seems I just acquired a 3 week deadline for Dragon Age. Shit.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Rorschach has developed a wheezy cough. He seems overall normal, but every now and then he gets a coughing attack. First thing tomorrow, I'm taking him to the vet. I hate having to wait and worry.
  • Rorschach has developed a wheezy cough. He seems overall normal, but every now and then he gets a coughing attack. First thing tomorrow, I'm taking him to the vet. I hate having to wait and worry.
    Awwww. I really do hope he can be helped Ro. I have a very soft spot for cats of all kinds and will only own cats as pets as they are (imo) the greatest pets one can own. Good luck to you and poor Rorschach :(
  • I love my dog Kita and didn't want her to be alone for 5 days while I visit home, but she acts a little different when she's here. She lived here while she was going through a super-submissive phase and she used to be anywhere and everywhere if someone even looked at her the wrong way. Now her behavior is improved, but not completely. My mom, who always acts kinda disgusted with her, tried being nice to her yesterday and she hung her head and refused to come. I knew that peeing would be her next move so I told mom she should back off. I don't know how she's ever going to restore her reputation with my family if she keeps reverting to being insanely submissive.

Also mom's shih tzu, Sophie, feels her place in pack hierarchy is challenged with Kita here. She's getting pissed when Kita goes to greet people first or goes out the door first. I know that Kita's not trying to be dominating, she just gets excited and rushes to do things like that. Sophie's been trash-talking Kita when they're both sitting down together (making full eye-contact and growling, at which Kita whimpers and groans), and leaping up and snapping at her face when she goes to greet someone at the door. I can make Sophie feel secure about certain things by petting her, feeding her, and playing with her first, but stopping Kita from trotting happily up to someone at the door is a little tougher. And on top of it all, the kitten Mr. Schmotz is terrified of Kita and hiding constantly.

I just want there to be animal peace in the house. x_x
  • Awwww. I really do hope he can be helped Ro. I have a very soft spot for cats of all kinds and will only own cats as pets as they are (imo) the greatest pets one can own. Good luck to you and poor Rorschach :(
    Thanks for the well wishes. Looks like he has a cold (virus & bacteria infection). He got a shot of good ol' penicillin and medication. I'm happy it wasn't anything worse.

It was pretty funny because out of all of our cats, Rorschach was beyond well behaved at the vet. He didn't even complain about getting his temperature taken. However, when he's at home, that's a different story.
  • Stressed as hell over Holiday Feast. My fat, lazy brother is being fat and lazy. He had me cook steaks in a completely different way and could bother to tell me how this would turn out.
  • There is a Godzilla movie spotlight on YouTube today and its not available for my country.
  • Awwww. I really do hope he can be helped Ro. I have a very soft spot for cats of all kinds and will only own cats as pets as they are (imo) the greatest pets one can own. Good luck to you and poor Rorschach :(
    Thanks for the well wishes. Looks like he has a cold (virus & bacteria infection). He got a shot of good ol' penicillin and medication. I'm happy it wasn't anything worse.

It was pretty funny because out of all of our cats, Rorschach was beyond well behaved at the vet. He didn't even complain about getting his temperature taken. However, when he's at home, that's a different story.
    That's what my widdle kitty Mango does! He's always scared of everything at home, but at the vets he is so well-behaved.
  • There is a Godzilla movie spotlight on YouTube today and its not available for my country.
    I just noticed that when I logged on...YES!!
  • edited December 2009
    @MrRoboto: On an entirely unrelated note, maybe you should download My Media Project Presentation which I've uploaded to my dropbox.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • It was pretty funny because out of all of our cats, Rorschach was beyond well behaved at the vet. He didn't even complain about getting his temperature taken. However, when he's at home, that's a different story.Wow, my kitty is exactly the opposite. He is the sweetest thing at home. He follows me around, cuddles with me non-stop, and has to be around me at all times. He even lets me give him a bath with minimal protest (makes a small effort to get away but doesn't bite me or hiss or anything). At the vet he is pure demon. He is so bad that the vet makes us tranquilize him before taking him there.
  • I just spent the better part of an hour looking for my scanner. It was on my desk.

My desk is so messy, that I didn't see the huge scanner sitting on it.
  • @MrRoboto: On an entirely unrelated note, maybe you should downloadMy Media Project Presentationwhich I've uploaded to my dropbox.
    I hate you and your 2 minute movie bit. What movie is that one from? or is it part of a add or something like that?