This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• One the subject of saying "bless you" when someone sneezes, I really think there needs to be a statement for farting. If someone farts and it is heard by others, there should be a phrase one can say to acknowledge the fact. Perhaps "Well expelled!"
  • One the subject of saying "bless you" when someone sneezes, I really think there needs to be a statement for farting. If someone farts and it is heard by others, there should be a phrase one can say to acknowledge the fact. Perhaps "Well expelled!"
    I believe the proper exclamation is either "Safety!" or "Doorknob!" depending on whether or not you are the farter or the...fartee?
  • edited December 2009
    One the subject of saying "bless you" when someone sneezes, I really think there needs to be a statement for farting. If someone farts and it is heard by others, there should be a phrase one can say to acknowledge the fact. Perhaps "Well expelled!"
    I believe the proper exclamation is either "Safety!" or "Doorknob!" depending on whether or not you are the farter or the...fartee?
    That is just for a game that teenagers (and apparently 20-30 somethings now) play. I mean something that could be said in a work place, restaurant, etc.
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • I mean something that could be said in a work place, restaurant, etc.
    I think "Bless you" works quite well for farts as well. I mean, a fart isn't that much different than a rectal sneeze. Well, OK, I guess it's really a rectal burp, but a sneeze isn't too far off.
  • When someone sneezes here we say "Salud!" to wish health to the person that sneezed.
  • I mean something that could be said in a work place, restaurant, etc.
    I think "Bless you" works quite well for farts as well. I mean, a fart isn't that much different than a rectal sneeze. Well, OK, I guess it's really a rectal burp, but a sneeze isn't too far off.
    But bless you is based around a particular myth. Let's make a new phrase for farts!
  • edited December 2009
    But bless you is based around a particular myth. Let's make a new phrase for farts!
    Well, clearly we also have to make up a new myth to justify the new phrase. I propose that a fart is a demon that's been kicked out of your body. "Bless you" is a phrase that is spoken with the hope of containing the sneezer's soul, so the fart phrase should encourage further expulsion so that the demon is completely removed. "Well expelled!" doesn't quite do it for me, but it's a possibility.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • When someone sneezes here we say "Salud!" to wish health to the person that sneezed.
    What is the three sneeze thing?
    I know that the third time is "Amor."
    Salud, Dinero y Amor (Health, Money and Love)
  • edited December 2009
    That's the one!

Unrelated fail: The rubber bands on the paper wrapper of my Vietnamese sub sandwiches always smell strongly of gasoline. I am concerned that they store them in some sort of petrol-oil to keep them stretchy. I want to know for sure, because I don't want it on my food, because gross! and cancer and stuff.
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • edited December 2009
    I'm running a Milestone Watchlist for the Philadelphia Flyers in a different forum. I basically just had to go over the entire list three times and update it each time because NHL.com has a lousy way of representing statistics. The problem is that despite the current season statistics being updated, this update is not carried over into the Career statistics table. Yet the total in the career statistics table is accurate including that update. Quite the annoyance when you think that a player has reached the 500 point plateau. E.g.:
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • So my mom got a new laptop, but now I must install Quickbooks for her. Thats no so bad, the problem lies in that both my parents want to use the same quicken file from two different computers. Now, Quicken does provide a server application that I can install on our family file server to make this work around the proprietary DRM bullshit that they do with their files. Problem is, their application was designed for windows xp and up. The file server is running Win-2k. The autoplay on the cd wont even work when I insert it into the server. Now I'm stuck in tech support hell, trying to find a work around for this issue. *Sigh* FAIL
    I've never heard that used for sneezes. We use it to toast shots of orujo a lot, though.
  • Good Lord, don't you have anything better to do, House?
    Apparently denying us health care coverage and sneaking in anti-abortion language in there.
    I've never heard that used for sneezes. We use it to toast shots of orujo a lot, though.
    I think it's a Costa Rican thing, if you sneeze 3 times in a row, people will wish you health, money and love, one per sneeze.
  • Waiting until 10:30pm for cheese on toast with bacon and mushrooms, and the fact that this is far from a rare occurrence.
  • edited January 2010
    When my plane was landing yesterday, we hit some really violent winds and I ended up throwing up 4 times into an airsick bag.
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • Today I leave a cruise ship. My flight home is at 10pm. The taxi is arriving to take me to the airport at 4.45pm. Normally, in this case, I'd leave the ship for a few hours and hang out in Buenos Aires. But today I've been informed I'm not allowed off the ship. This means I have over 5 hours to kill, and I don't even have a cabin of my own, so no shower, so can't do any training. And all my bags are completely packed, so no swimming or hottubbing on thetop deck. My account is closed so I can't buy any drinks or anything. Overall I'm pretty pissed off. I'm already getting ready for 15 hour flight, plus a 5 hour wait in Madrid airport, and to get home at about midnight tomorrow. An extra 5 hours of sitting about added to the start of that isn't welcome.

Blah blah blah.
  • I'm stuck in Saugerties, NY because my car is leaking oil. Class starts tomorrow, and it started snowing, so I'll have to drive slowly. Today is not a good day.
  • I'm stuck in Saugerties, NY because my car is leaking oil. Class starts tomorrow, and it started snowing, so I'll have to drive slowly. Today is not a good day.
    Are you going to be able to maake it to the Burning Geekchat tonight?
  • Albany is really fucking far away. That is all.
  • "Tiger Woods should convert to Christianity if he wants forgiveness."

If I believed in God, I'd be praying for this guy's head to explode.
  • "Tiger Woods should convert to Christianity if he wants forgiveness."
    *VIDEO*
    It's like he's comparing auto insurance! What does he get for a $200 monthly fee, a 1 year subscription to GOD weekly and a free totebag?
  • edited January 2010
    "Tiger Woods should convert to Christianity if he wants forgiveness."
    *vid*

The worst part was the putdown of Buddhism as a religion that "doesn't have the same capacity for forgiveness and redemption that Christianity does." That was unspeakably repugnant.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • I just ran the numbers again, and I have discovered (again) that I will not be able to attend Anime LA. I have only $100 right now. Badge is $50. Parking is $23 a day. for three days. plus gas. and food.

*sigh* Well, I guess I'll start saving for Anime Expo 2010
  • Parking is $23 a day.
    wat.
  • Parking is $23 a day.
    wat.
    exactly.
  • I just ran the numbers again, and I have discovered (again) that I will not be able to attend Anime LA. I have only $100 right now. Badge is $50. Parking is $23 a day. for three days. plus gas. and food.
    Question - How much is the bus? Also, can't you car-pool with some people, split the parking? I'm sure Victoria wouldn't mind going, at the least.
    Question - How much is the bus? Also, can't you car-pool with some people, split the parking? I'm sure Victoria wouldn't mind going, at the least.
    A bus ride to LAX is 3 hours compared to a 45 minute car ride. Victoria doesn't care enough to go.

It's okay, the money can be better used for other things, like textbooks, a new microphone, or nerf. It's all good. I'm just miffed I missed a change to hang with Sail again. We hung out a lot at AX09 and he's a pretty awesome dude. So is his posse.
  • After snowing for 20 hours, almost nonstop since yesterday, Rochester still has school. The only way they ever close school is if the windchill hits -20. Seriously, our superintendent hates us.