This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• They're not being ironic. Trust me on this one.
  • DMV.
    I talk about New York and the City a lot, like they're the best places in the world. But I have to concede that the DMV in New York is perhaps the worst thing I have to deal with in my entire life.

Michigan, the Secretary of State was a ten minute wait for all my civic needs: no DMV. New York? My two options are either Jamaica or Harlem. The Harlem one is open late ONE day per week, which of course is the day everyone with a JOB has to go to take care of their business.

Gods, do I hate any physical interaction I ever need to have with the DMV. It's the worst aspect of the Empire State.
  • But I have to concede that the DMV in New York is perhaps the worst thing I have to deal with in my entire life.
    You are so blessed.
  • But I have to concede that the DMV in New York is perhaps the worst thing I have to deal with in my entire life.
    You are so blessed.
    QFT. ^_~
  • edited February 2010
    But I have to concede that the DMV in New York is perhaps the worst thing I have to deal with in my entire life.
    You are so blessed.
    QFT. ^_~
    Ditto. :(

EDIT: Yes, I'm trying to make you all feel bad.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • That's something I'll never figure out. Who's bright goddamn idea was it to have one of the most frequently used and important government offices opened only during the week between 8am - 4pm and opened until 6 ONE DAY a week? Are they just catering to the unemployed? What the fuck, New York?
  • You are so blessed.
    QFT. ^_~
    Well. In no particular order, here are the worst things I have ever had to deal wtih:

-A corrupt and uncaring government with the mandate of an ignorant and apathetic population
    -Lyme disease
    -The DMV
    -Gastroenteritis
    -The time I cut the tip of my finger off
    -The one time a tornado destroyed all of my routes home after work, where I happened not to have brought any entertainment with me AND didn't have the antenna for my car radio handy. (I had to sit in my car, stuck, for five hours, with nothing to do, and then spend an hour driving home through the wreckage).
    -The afterparty and trip home from Katsucon the year we all got sick (I passed out twice, and Pete almost cried.)
    -Odin
    -Working the night shift at work immediately after a wedding and party
    -The last three miles back to the car after a grueling hike/climb in the Adirondacks
    -Cocaine (the energy drink, you punks)
  • -Odin
    At least Loki didn't get all up in your grill. That always ends poorly. Odin will just spear you.
  • Apparently, falling in the snow re-hurt my back a bit. Standing up from using the computer almost didn't happen. Good news is that now I'm standing and it hurts less, but I fear sitting again.
  • edited February 2010
    Apparently, falling in the snow re-hurt my back a bit. Standing up from using the computer almost didn't happen. Good news is that now I'm standing and it hurts less, but I fear sitting again.
    :(
    No more falling! Why is it that half the people I know who are native to snow have fallen in the snow/ice this winter, but I have not? Even Pete, and I had to catch him! Clearly, it must be my awesome boots.
    Post edited by Nuri on
  • @ Rym, I was teasing. Also, you are not only lucky, but you have made awesome life choices and taken rather full advantage of your luck. Thus, you have maximized the awesomeness of your life. A winner is you and that is fantastic. ^_^
  • falling in the snow
    Adam, it's OK, you can tell us the truth. Kate hits you, doesn't she? Snow doesn't leave knuckle marks, Adam.
  • You gotta watch out for the short, feisty ones.
  • You gotta watch out for the short, feisty ones.
    Our fists are right at belt level.
  • edited February 2010
    Foiled again, shorty.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • edited February 2010
    Foiled again, shorty.
    I was going for your kidneys! Just ask Pete.
    Post edited by Nuri on
  • She doesn't even need to punch you in the kidneys. All she has to do is put her impossibly cold hands on them, and you immediately regret whatever it was that led to the situation.
  • She doesn't even need to punch you in the kidneys. All she has to do is put herimpossibly cold handson them, and you immediately regret whatever it was that led to the situation.
    I Regret Nothing.
  • I Regret Nothing.
    Yeah, you say that now, but let's see how you like it when your pee freezes in your urethra and you pass ice crystals.

Unless you're into that sort of thing. In which case, OWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.
  • She doesn't even need to punch you in the kidneys. All she has to do is put herimpossibly cold handson them, and you immediately regret whatever it was that led to the situation.
    Whoa, whoa...we just got out of the freezer section of the grocery store and I asked if I could warm my hands up on you! You said yes! YOU CONSENTED!
    I use my cold appendages sparingly owing to the fact that pay back is indeed a bitch.
    Whoa, whoa...we just got out of the freezer section of the grocery store and Iaskedif I could warm my hands up on you! You said yes! YOU CONSENTED!
    Hahaha! I do this all the time with my boyfriend. My hands get cold very easily so I put my hands down his shirt on his back or stomach. He really doesn't like it, but his body is always warm. He's my personal heater.
  • Have you ever tried putting hands under your arms?
  • Have you ever tried putting hands under your arms?
    Yes, but it's not as good as my boyfriend's waist line or lower abdomen.

Also this discussion reminds me of this recent PvP comic:
  • edited February 2010
    Whoa, whoa...we just got out of the freezer section of the grocery store and Iaskedif I could warm my hands up on you! You said yes! YOU CONSENTED!
    I was misled. Your hands weren't "woman," they were "Norway." Also, as I said, the instant those hands touched my kidneys, I regretted the consent. :P
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • edited February 2010
    I was misled. Your hands weren't "woman," they were "Norway." Also, as I said, the instant those hands touched my kidneys, I regretted the consent. :P
    You should be honored to do that! When hands get cold, it takes a really good heat source to get them warm again. I can barely do anything with my hands if they are really cold.
    At least you get asked for consent. I don't ask Jeremy at all. :P
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • edited February 2010
    My mother bought a DVD from a seller on Amazon. It came in today and turned out to be counterfeit. I spent an hour helping her sort it out, while simultaneously calming her down. She was close to a panic attack. Ugh.
    Post edited by Diagoras on
  • Took a physics exam that was an out-and-out disaster. The only silver lining is that next weekend is a certain Unofficial U of I holiday, and I don't have any more exams for 3 weeks.