This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• I just came back from my friend Jay's wake. I drank bottles and bottles of water, fuel for the waterworks. seeing his coffin was so shocking, through the years he seemed like such an absolute figure, he was always there, always supporting me. Even now it's still alien, the whole idea of him being gone...
  • I'm so sorry man. You should know that we're all here for you if you need us.
  • edited April 2010
    You should know that we're all here for you if you need us.
    This, a billion times, this. I'm sorry, man.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • I just came back from my friend Jay's wake. I drank bottles and bottles of water, fuel for the waterworks. seeing his coffin was so shocking, through the years he seemed like such an absolute figure, he was always there, always supporting me. Even now it's still alien, the whole idea of him being gone...
    It's tough, particularly when everyone involved is so young. Drop me a line if you need to talk.
  • I did something stupid, but I didn't harm anyone. Because of this, I got my first ticket. I also caused my parents to lose their trust in me. I deserved all I got and then some.
  • edited May 2010
    I got t-boned at an intersection last night. He hit my front drivers side door and it crushed in on me a bit. Luckily I came out with just a few cuts down my arm and some sore body parts. My shoulder hurts like a bitch and my neck has a huge knot from the seat belt. I'm in Florida, so it was a no-fault accident. I have no insurance (They quoted me $3000 a year because of my age, 2 tickets, and my shitty car, and I just couldn't afford it.) I'm basically fucked and bumming rides to work until I can find a car, and things hurt when I move.

Also, I had to take one of my Assistant managers to the hospital with my other assistant manager's car today. He was having trouble breathing, was barely coherent, and was clutching his chest. I was nervous as hell because I had been in the wreck less than 24 hours before, and I was trying to drive through horrible traffic (It's Thunder Beach Motorcycle Weekend here, so there are tons of bikes here.) trying to rush to the hospital. I still don't know anything.

On top of all of that, I was already in a bad mood because I had a dream the night before that I had been shot in my leg and various other places with my father by my side crying and holding me. I woke up to a horrible Charlie horse cramp in my leg. It was so bad that I rolled off of the bed.
    Post edited by Vhdblood on
  • Ugh, that is wrong in so many ways, VHD.

One of my best friends pressed "Z or R twice" last night on the freeway and flipped his car. We've been warning him about his reckless driving for so long and we knew that this day would come sooner or later, but it's still quite a shock. I honestly don't know if he's going to learn his lesson from this, but his concussion and destroyed vehicle should at least keep him off the road for a while :p
  • I see it's car accident season here in the FRC forums...
  • Well, I didn't get into an accident. Like I said, It was stupid, and, in retrospect, had I put even two ounces of thought into what I was doing, I wouldn't have done it. But it was late, almost 2am, and I just wanted to get home. My car is fine, no property was damaged.
  • edited May 2010
    This obviously pales in comparison to car accidents, but I managed to wake up for just long enough to turn off my alarm at noon, ignore my roommates at 2PM, and just got up...around 4. FUCK.

EDIT: Part of this was probably brought on by watching Firefly until 4AM.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • It apparently costs $40 to get force lightning for your Star Wars Lego figures.
  • Well, I didn't get into an accident. Like I said, It was stupid, and, in retrospect, had I put even two ounces of thought into what I was doing, I wouldn't have done it. But it was late, almost 2am, and I just wanted to get home. My car is fine, no property was damaged.
    The evil, nasty, lawbreakin' part of me says that the stupid part was getting caught.
  • Speeding is the vice of all truly great men. Remember: with each revolution per minute we move forward, inch by inch! That's the way a car works!
  • Speeding is the vice of all truly great men. Remember: with each revolution per minute we move forward,STEP by STEP, INCH by INCH! That's the way a car works!
  • Speeding is the vice of all truly great men. Remember: with each revolution per minute we move forward,STEP by STEP,INCHbyINCH! That's the way a car works!
    TENGA TOPPA...DRIVIN' LAGANN!
  • And here, I was just making a vaudeville routine joke.
  • And here, I was just making a vaudeville routine joke.
    See, I thought I messed up my quote.
  • The humidity here in the nation's capital is absolutely brutal.
    Try here, in Florida.
  • It's 60% humidity here, I doubt it's worse. Just as bad for sure, but not worse.
    Try here, in Florida.
    Try here, in South Alabama. 63% right now, and that's lower than earlier. %40 is normal. I fucking hate it.
  • edited May 2010
    Try here, in South Alabama. 63% right now, and that's lower than earlier. %40 is normal. I fucking hate it.
    Bah, here in NC the average ranges from %65 - %75. It's %69 right now, and we always get about a weeks worth of %100 in the summer time.
    Post edited by Walker on
  • The capital is built on swamp lands so it gets a lot steamer here than people think it does. The brutal summer heat has arrived and it will stay until October.
  • 81% humidity here. Suck it.
  • Chicago hits 100% in late May or early June and stays that way through late August.
  • In other words: No more whining about the humidity in Alabama.
  • 81% humidity here. Suck it.
    81% right now? Cause of course it is now, the sun is down and the temperature has dropped and the relative humidity goes up. It's like 75% here right now. it was 60% during the day when it was in the 90s, which was ewww.
  • I rather live in a dryer place, but I have my life set here, so moving would be too drastic of a change for me.
  • I'd like to take this opportunity to thank the California Current for keeping this region devoid of as much uncomfortable humidity as possible. Thanks, keep up the good work.