This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• I'd also like to thank the east coast for not having a wildfire season.
  • I'd like to take this opportunity to thank the California Current for keeping this region devoid of as much uncomfortable humidity as possible. Thanks, keep up the good work.
    Yes, although we could do with some more rain, if you please.
    I'd also like to thank the east coast for not having a wildfire season.
    Yes.
  • Well, I didn't get into an accident. Like I said, It was stupid, and, in retrospect, had I put even two ounces of thought into what I was doing, I wouldn't have done it. But it was late, almost 2am, and I just wanted to get home. My car is fine, no property was damaged.
    The evil, nasty, lawbreakin' part of me says that the stupid part was getting caught.
    Yessir! I'm far too often inebriated, riding dirty, with passengers who have warrants, and broke, so I make sure to stay on my A game when driving. I take the routes that have less police, keep shit stashed correctly (open container laws are a bitch, and remember that paraphernalia is probable cause), and make sure to drive right (speed limit, turn signals, keep an eye for cops and make sure to pay attention to other drivers, because they way they drive can often indicate police activity, and sometimes they'll flash the brights and let you know). Just in case I do get pulled over, I make sure to use breathmints and eyedrops before I get in the car (Rohto or Visine are best). Getting caught is bad, but it's often a result of carelessness, which is never a good idea when you're doing anything illegal.
  • Without stating the temperature, those humidity percentages mean nothing. Those numbers are the relative humidity. At a certain temp, the air can hold a certain amount of water. As the temp goes up, that amount goes up. If it's 90 degrees and 50% humidity, there can be more water in the air than if it is 40 degrees and 80% humidity. Just sayin.
  • Nuri, what have I told you about your damn "logic!" :P
  • Dan Simmons...

It's hard to place exactly when the last time my respect for a person plummeted so fast and absolutely.
  • Yeah, Dan Simmons is crazy.
  • I dunno, the writing's not bad. I'm not much of a book person but I suppose all writers have their bad books.
  • He's not crazy because his writing is bad, he's crazy because he literally believes that Muslims are trying to take over the United States and liberals are helping them.
  • [I was making a joke pertaining to the idea that I had mistaken his writings for fiction.]
  • Fail of the Day...newest episodes of Simpsons and Family Guy

Simpsons: Worst intro ever. I don't want to hotlink it, but fuck, it really proves now how the show doesn't have no shame. Every episode this season has been trying to be all "Hip" and "Trendy" with some nice kind of parody or reference. But wow, they picked one of the worst things about this year to focus on...it's such BULLSHIT.

Family Guy: That episode felt like bad fanfiction. The first 12 minutes were about Brian eating Stewie's poo and then cleaning it up to the fullest extent. And then it was just recycling the same dialogue over and over, ending on like "Oh, Brian and Stewie practically admitted they were gay for each other."

I can't believe these shows could hit new lows.
  • I can't believe these shows could hit new lows.
    Family Guy had highs?
  • I can't believe these shows could hit new lows.
    Family Guy had highs?
    Seasons 1 to 3 are pure win. Seasons 4 and 5 were pretty good. Season 6, shit hit the fan.
  • Also, the two Star Wars specials are fantastic. Some of their best work, in my opinion.
  • edited May 2010
    Also, the two Star Wars specials are fantastic. Some of their best work, in my opinion.
    I would argue that they were some of the only good work. I can't even count seasons 1 to 3 as pure win.

Futurama is pure win. Arrested Development is pure win. Spaced is pure win. Family Guy not so much.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • The manatees do their very best.
  • The manatees do their very best.
    This is true, but when they're not given good idea-balls to work with, good ideas won't come out.
  • Saw someone's status on facebook "May the 4th be with you"

Blinked for a second and said it out loud....... ohhhhh the puns.
  • Saw someone's status on facebook "May the 4th be with you"

Blinked for a second and said it out loud....... ohhhhh the puns.
    I'm glad I wasn't the only one seeing those, I thought it was just a local issue.
  • edited May 2010
  • The Rhymesayers music festival, Soundset 2010...

...Is in Minnesota. :(
  • Nuri, what have I told you about your damn "logic!" :P
    That it's sexy?
  • edited May 2010
    Other than that!

EDIT: Fuck Apache Tomcat and fuck Apache Ant.
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • Got this sent to me in an email today. I've seen things almost this ghetto at LAN parties:

• edited May 2010
    Lensman books are all out of print. SAD FACE.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • GeoGeo
    edited May 2010
    Lensmanbooks are all out of print. SAD FACE.
    All of them?!But-but-but I was p-p-planning on reading them soon!
    Post edited by Geo on
  • Lensmanbooks are all out of print. SAD FACE.
    All of them?!But-but-but I was p-p-planning on reading them soon!
    It's called a used book store. Or Amazon. Not all that glitters is shiny and new.
  • We're being furloughed one day a week, every week, starting May 17th, until New York passes a budget. That effectively wipes out the raise that I just got after a year and a half of fighting for it.

Not cool.
  • We're being furloughed one day a week, every week, starting May 17th, until New York passes a budget.
    I would kill for that privilege right now. Unpaid time is a luxury, let alone paid time, at the moment.
  • Not cool.
    Could be worse, you could have been furloughed at your old salary. Think it as Friday's off for summer. It's actually pretty bitchin in many regards.