This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• Stupid burning so hot it can melt steel.
    The comment about race made me want to vomit.
    The comment about race made me want to vomit.
    Yep.
  • Rage! This makes me want to be a hermit.
  • If there was a time for Great Teacher Onizuka to take over a classroom, it would be NOW and IN THAT SCHOOL!
  • edited July 2010
    The sad realization that, when I play videogames today, I almost always think of them as re-makes of games I've already played. Few of them are improved re-makes.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Fail on my sister's behalf: She got home about an hour ago after being at the dentists all day getting four wisdom teeth removed. She was barely conscious with all the pain killers they had given her and she'll be drugged up for the next couple of days to deal with the pain.
  • If there was a time for Great Teacher Onizuka to take over a classroom, it would be NOW and IN THAT SCHOOL!
    Let's see....I smoke, I'm very good at hitting things, I ride motorbikes, and If there is something I'm good at, it's teaching people things....a-hrm....TO THE BIBLE BELT!
    Let's see....I smoke, I'm very good at hitting things, I ride motorbikes, and If there is something I'm good at, it's teaching people things....a-hrm....TO THE BIBLE BELT!
    RACE YOU THERE!
  • Okay so I am not sure which is worse (and anyone here who knows me understands why): that I spent the 4th of July watching Star Wars 80% pf the time or that the first thing I did when I woke up today for more than 10 minutes was hop on my computer......Oh mans Sonic what have you done to me?!

P.s. If anyone who's not an admin corrects my post next you'd best hope I've taken my painkillers when I see it.
  • Okay, so I am not sure which is worse (and anyone here who knows me understands why): that I spent the 4th of July watching Star Wars 80% pf the time, or that the first thing I did when I woke up today for more than 10 minutes was hop on my computer...Oh mans Sonic what have you done to me?!
    You accidentally the whole ellipsis and commas.
  • Was detailing my sister's car for her, half asleep I'm shifting the car. So, I move it up the driveway, get out. Not enough clearance on the gate, so I move it forward a bit more, close the gate, sweet. I rinse it off, to get it ready to wash, and then close the garage door so I can go in and have a bit of breakfast...But I moved the car too far forward, and I close the garage RIGHT ON THE BONNET. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Also, it turns out - There is both a very strong motor and a very poor collision detection sensor on the garage door, so it fucked up the bonnet hardcore. CLUSTERFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

However, I am less bothered about it now, and as a curious upside, since the last 2 hours I spent with various sizes of metal and rubber hammers bashing out the dents and re-forming the bonnet, and the hour or so I spent with my little compressor and airgun, quickly shot-coating white and clearcoat over massive dings in the paint were oddly meditative.
  • We live on a 2nd floor apartment and have a balcony facing a nice grassy area. Because of the nice weather we leave the balcony door open when we are at home to let the cats hang out in the nice weather. It's about a 20 foot drop to the ground.

So far, Rorschach has fallen off twice and Digit once. Today, Cole, the oldest cat of 7 years either fell or jumped off.

He came back with a limp on his rear right leg. :(

He seems to be ok for most part. He can walk about 10 feet, but then he just lays down with his legs sticking out to the side. He has an appetite, so I'm hoping it's just a sprain.

We'll be taking him to the vet tomorrow. Jeremy is beyond worried because he's had that cat since he was a kitten.
  • Aaaand then I discovered that my sister hasn't washed it in so long that it's actually completely fucked the paint, which was coming off into the chamois as I was drying it. This is the second car I've given her that she's either quickly or slowly just completely fucked up.

Jesus christ.
  • Just had some crazy christians at the door. Apparently I'm going to hell because I don't believe in god, when I said "He doesn't sound like a very nice person then" the reply I got was "Well if you don't believe in him he is powerless to help you"
    Also apparently god cured the guy of cancer while he was just laying in bed, I asked him if the doctors might have had something to do with that, his reply "I didn't go to a doctor, I just knew I had cancer and that god cured it"
    I left the situation by saying that they weren't going to convince and nor I them.

Oh my fucking God! How the fuck can anyone be so stupid? I want to rage in response to this!! I will instead reply with a great bit of childrens music as a counterpoint.

• Aaaand then I discovered that my sister hasn't washed it in so long that it's actually completely fucked the paint, which was coming off into the chamois as I was drying it. This is the second car I've given her that she's either quickly or slowly just completely fucked up.

Jesus christ.
    That...That wasn't the AE86, was it?
  • That...That wasn't the AE86, was it?
    Shit no. It's an 1997 Mitsubishi Magna. I wouldn't let her have my nice car. The one she wrecked by driving like a retard was an old Datsun Pulsar.
  • edited July 2010
    Stupid burning so hot it can melt steel.

From the top down and from the bottom up. That is the horrifying thing about these asshats, just because they want to have their fictitious stories take precedence over demonstrable facts.

The "best" part in your video though is all the arguments the students can muster are ones from personal incredulity. They don't know how evolution could be capable of being responsible for the diversity of life on this planet, therefore it must be impossible. I wonder if all of them know how electricity works, how planes fly or how our bodies generate energy from the food we ingest. I guess that's fucking magic too...
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • I got to the lab early in the morning to see how my western blots came out, they were "ok" but alas there was too much noise in the background of the membrane. The bands of proteins are still visible though. I go on and decide to develop a second batch today. Suddenly I realize while adding the secondary Ab that I miscalculated the ratio of secondary Ab with blocking solution :O , I will have to re-do them later next week while I continue on the rest today and tomorrow. A whole day of work down the drain. I suck! , next time I will double check everything before I do something :(
  • I got to the lab early in the morning to see how my western blots came out, they were "ok" but alas there was too much noise in the background of the membrane. The bands of proteins are still visible though. I go on and decide to develop a second batch today. Suddenly I realize while adding the secondary Ab that I miscalculated the ratio of secondary Ab with blocking solution :O , I will have to re-do them later next week while I continue on the rest today and tomorrow. A whole day of work down the drain. I suck! , next time I will double check everything before I do something :(
    Well you know the old saying: "Measure twice, cut once".
    Ah, the joys of science. At least you aren't doing immuno staining. At my lab we've been having a lot of fun troubleshooting the orexin staining we have been doing. There's nothing like going through all the trouble of injecting RNA into a rat's brain, watching its behavior, taking out its brain, freezing the brain and slicing it into 30 micron thick slices, staining those slices, mounting them on a slide, and then finding out your tissue is useless because your antibodies didn't work. Oh well. The batch we just got has been giving us better staining.
  • edited July 2010
    With an the exception of one hour lunch time, I spent my entire day working on my brother-in-law's house. This is from 8 o'clock in the morning until it was too dark to continue working (9:30 at night). And tomorrow I can go back there at 7 :X
    At least tomorrow's only gonna be putting the ceiling on the first floor which is gonna be cemented on saturday.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • edited July 2010
    I just got a PSPgo. I've had it for a few hours and so far I think it's crap. I love all video game, I'm usually not prejudice about any of them, but Jesus couldn't they make the thing thicker so my thumbs wouldn't hurt when I play it?! At least I read something about a Castlevania side scrolling game for it, before re-selling it I'm going to check that out.
    Post edited by sucrilhos on
  • I saw a dog get run over.
  • edited July 2010
    Creationist video.
    "Hawoh cahn an african-american purson evolve frum a whait purson? Weer different skin!!" WTF???
    Save us Sherlock Holmes!!
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."(A Scandal in Bohemia) Much better.
    Post edited by progSHELL on
  • Dragon Age II is going Mass Effect. You will play as a human character with the last name of Hawke, male or female, that you can customize the appearance, name, and class of. But you can't be an Elf or Dwarf main character.
    I'm sure the game will still be fun, but I've always liked the Elf and Dwarf origins of DA:O more than the human ones...*Sigh.*
  • Dragon Age II is going Mass Effect. You will play as a human character with the last name of Hawke, male or female, that you can customize the appearance, name, and class of. But you can't be an Elf or Dwarf main character.
    I'm sure the game will still be fun, but I've always liked the Elf and Dwarf origins of DA:O more than the human ones...*Sigh.*
    Haven't played elf or dwarf in Dragon Age, can't really comment that, but I liked that in Mass Effect you actually had a character that you were interested about, when on Dragon Are you just had a machine that you used to make choices conversations. Thus I'm pretty excited for these news, about next Dragon Age, it might end up being actually really good game.
  • I've played through Dragon Age plenty of times now, and my elven and dwarven characters generally were more interesting than my human characters. While I do like the central character idea, i just miss the idea of being able to play an out-of-place dwarf or elf trying to fit in. It really added life to the character in a world full of bland humans.