This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• I've played through Dragon Age plenty of times now, and my elven and dwarven characters generally were more interesting than my human characters. While I do like the central character idea, i just miss the idea of being able to play an out-of-place dwarf or elf trying to fit in. It really added life to the character in a world full of bland humans.
    I agree with this sentiment, however this could mean that you will have more class and storyline branches and possibilities in the second game than the first, and also a chance of improved graphics.
  • I've played through Dragon Age plenty of times now, and my elven and dwarven characters generally were more interesting than my human characters. While I do like the central character idea, i just miss the idea of being able to play an out-of-place dwarf or elf trying to fit in. It really added life to the character in a world full of bland humans.
    I agree with this sentiment, however this could mean that you will have more class and storyline branches and possibilities in the second game than the first, and also a chance of improved graphics.
    Yeah. I like that we can have more story possibilities with our one main character, and that we can have the potential for voice-over dialogue for them now, but...I feel like all the different storyline potentials will mean less because the character is human...
    Yeah. I like that we can have more story possibilities with our one main character, and that we can have the potential for voice-over dialogue for them now, but...I feel like all the different storyline potentials will mean less because the character is human...
  • MRI says L5 moderate hernia.
    Motherfucker.
  • edited July 2010
    MRI says L5 moderate hernia.
    Motherfucker.
    Ow. That sucks. Any idea what you and the doctor are going to try first?
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • MRI says L5 moderate hernia.
    Motherfucker.
    Ow. That sucks. Any idea what you and the doctor are going to try first?
    Neurologist visit is in my near future. If I had to guess, I'd say probably an epidural steroid injection since that's what every other family member of mine has had.
  • Scientist - "I'm a skeptic, and I don't believe that the octopus is a psychic and really, it probably isn't, but I don't want to say too much about that so that I don't ruin anyone else's fun"

Media - "EXPERT WON'T RULE OUT OCTOPUS PAUL'S PSYCHIC ABILITY"

For fuck's sake.
  • Neurologist visit is in my near future. If I had to guess, I'd say probably an epidural steroid injection since that's what every other family member of mine has had.
    Genetics is a BITCH :-(
  • Scientist - "I'm a skeptic, and I don't believe that the octopus is a psychic and really, it probably isn't, but I don't want to say too much about that so that I don't ruin anyone else's fun"

Media - "EXPERT WON'T RULE OUT OCTOPUS PAUL'S PSYCHIC ABILITY"

For fuck's sake.
    My favorite headline of this type: MSNBC headline: EARTH MUCH YOUNGER THAN THOUGHT
    Article: By 100 Million (american million) years.
  • Wait a sec. What form of psychic power is that? Wouldn't it be fortune telling? Is psychic what we call general purpose magic nowadays?
  • Wait a sec. What form of psychic power is that? Wouldn't it be fortune telling? Is psychic what we call general purpose magic nowadays?
    Pretty much. Magic is old and busted. Psychic powers are the new hotness.
    Pretty much. Magic is old and busted. Psychic powers are the new hotness.
    Yeah, pretty much. Ever since the majority of magicians stopped doing that hokey "I've got SPOOOOOOOOKY powers" dreck, Magic became much more synonymous with "Magic Tricks" rather than "I'm a witch, don't you be striking me."
  • So hungry, fuck this 8 hour work day shit.
    You take your break yet?
  • GeoGeo
    edited July 2010
    Let me preface. I own Volumes 1-6 of this series. I was looking up Volume 10 and...WTF?! I am well aware that this is out of print, but the other volumes are readily available at affordable prices...
    Post edited by Geo on
    I feel you. I'm here for 9 hours a day, getting paid for 8, playing Dirt2 and eating for 1.
  • I accidentally sat on a metal dock cleat this morning while showing the kids how to rig up their boat, and my tailbone had been hurting really badly all day.
  • Not only is spectacularly huge douche-bag Pedro Espada still running for a seat in NY, but he claims god is on his side.
    For those who don't want to read the wikki, Espada has switched parties in an attempt to grab power, was bankrolled by some notoriously dirty politicians from Buffalo, claims to be a democrat but, to my knowledge, votes less liberal than a tea-bagger, and has been involved in a massive scam in which he bilked his own charity for children for major dough.
    This guy's a class act.
  • edited July 2010
    Willful ignorance + general stupidity + no immunization + pertussis = FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
    This is why I hate everyone.
    From the article:
    Ms. Lawson has declined almost all of the standard vaccines recommended for infants, including DTaP, which protects against whooping cough.

“I haven’t categorically ruled them out,” she said. “But I just think at this point she’s too young, and her immune system is still developing. Nothing goes into my baby right now, except for breast milk, so I don’t feel comfortable injecting her with strange chemicals.”
    I can't even think of anything coherent to post that would express my rage.
    Post edited by GreatTeacherMacRoss on
  • edited July 2010
    I can't even think of anything coherent to post that would express my rage.
    Really?

I should probably find a new one of these.

Hasn't that article been posted before?
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Fail: Hung over from a sleeping pill.
    Fail-er: The sleeping pill helped me sleep to the point where I could not wake up from a nightmare.
    Fail-est: I am more tired after sleeping than before sleeping.
  • edited July 2010
    Fail: Took a break from Playing Elder Scroll to play a game of Civ IV experimenting with a new leader, went to bed at 1:40 last night :-p

Also Lots of rain = lots of leaks in the admin side of IT (not the server room thankfully that would be MEGA fail ;-p)
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • Also Lots of rain = lots of leaks in the admin side of IT (not the server room thankfully that would be MEGA fail ;-p)
    Speaking of server room mega fails, the belt in our server room's mega A/C snapped today and SOMEONE didn't order more of them ahead of time.
    I did manage to fix it temporarily with one of my co-workers pantyhose, though.
  • Speaking of server room mega fails, the belt in our server room's mega A/C snapped today and SOMEONE didn't order more of them ahead of time.
    This man Approves.
  • Speaking of server room mega fails, the belt in our server room's mega A/C snapped today and SOMEONE didn't order more of them ahead of time.
    This man Approves.
    That man is one of the most profound influences in my life.
  • Um...who is that man? (prepares for fire)

So, last night I was walking around the store I work. In the bath section I look down and see something. I ask my coworker to come over to verify I was seeing what I was seeing. Then one of the managers came over as well.

It was a tampon. A bloody used tampon.

WHO THE FUCK LEAVES THAT!
    Angus MacGyver played by Richard Dean Anderson.

So, last night I was walking around the store I work. In the bath section I look down and see something. I ask my coworker to come over to verify I was seeing what I was seeing. Then one of the managers came over as well.

It was a tampon. A bloody used tampon.

WHO THE FUCK LEAVES THAT!
    It's Angus MacGyver, played by Richard Dean Anderson. You probably know the reference and not the face.

And... ewww... seriously? Why would you ever do that? That's just unsanitary and wrong.
  • Geez, do I have to do everything around here? That's Angus MacGyver, played by Richard Dean Anderson.