This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• edited July 2010
    Man, how come anyone hasn't answered Viga's query yet? It's Angus MacGyver, played in all his mullet sporting glory by Richard Dean Anderson.
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • That's MacGyver, read up on his exploits.
  • MacGyver.
  • What, do only Churba and I know who that is?! Its MacGyver!
  • Okay, I get it. :P It's Matlock.
  • You probably know the reference and not the face.
    Unless you are a Stargate fan, and then you know the hell outta that face.
    Also a great Richard Dean Anderson character.
    Also a great Richard Dean Anderson character.
    I love Stargate, personally. That's what got me to watch MacGyver in the first place. I was saying that I assume Viga has heard the MacGyver reference and never seen an associated shot of Richard Dean Anderson AS MacGyver. I'm pretty sure there are a lot of people in that same scenario.
  • I love Stargate, personally. That's what got me to watch MacGyver in the first place. I was saying that I assume Viga has heard the MacGyver reference and never seen an associated shot of Richard Dean Anderson AS MacGyver. I'm pretty sure there are a lot of people in that same scenario.
    Honestly, I mentally thought MacGyver was Matlock. :P
  • My dryer no longer functions.
  • edited July 2010
    My dryer no longer functions.
    Oh yeah, and it was smoking.
    Post edited by GreatTeacherMacRoss on
  • Oh yeah, and it was smoking.
    That's a function...a malfunction, but a function none the less.
    But it's illegal to smoke indoors in NY.
    But it's illegal to smoke indoors in NY.
    ...seriously?
  • Every since Consumer Reports put out their assessment of the iphone 4 that was essentially "It's pretty, it's nice, and does most things well, but until the grip of death issue is actually resolved, we can't recommend to buy it.", and also did a formal test of the iphone 4 that concluded that it wasn't a software issue, but the actual antenna being poorly designed - I've started seeing quite a few comments from apple fanboys that Consumer reports has lost their credibility, and that people shouldn't listen to them as they're just idiots, blah blah blah.

Look, fanboys - the fact that apple lied about their shitty antenna design aside, It's a phone, with a fundamental problem with it's primary functionality, that being, that if you hold it wrong, it doesn't actually work as a phone. Consumer reports has a long standing history of that no matter how good the product, if it has a fundamental flaw in it's primary function, they won't recommend it, because it doesn't fucking well do what it's supposed to do. To do other than what they have done would be to destroy their credibility - which they still hold, despite the fact that they've said they wouldn't recommend a product from the brand you pile an almost scary religious-level devotion upon.
  • California is on fire...again.

On the plus side, outside smells lovely.
  • ...rationality re: Consumer Reports and the iPhone4 issue...
    Yeah, I pretty much figured every iTard out there would go off on CR and start circling their offices with torches and pitchforks as soon as I saw that review. Definitely a case of misplaced brand loyalty if I've ever seen one.
  • I love how CR used actual measurements to call BS on Apple. That is the way this shit should be done!
  • I tripped while going up the stairs to my room and cut off a rather large section of the skin on my left big toe on the molding. It really hurts!
  • So I have a good friend who works as a teller for Chase. A man walked into her branch today and handed her a bag with a note. The note said something to the effect of: "I have a gun in my pocket. Fill the bag with money - no dyes. This is not a joke!"

On the plus side, she doesn't get fazed easily and thought the whole exchange overall was entertaining rather than frightening.
  • California is on fire...again.

On the plus side, outside smells lovely.
    It's only small, yet.
  • Bristol and Levi are getting married.
    Look at you all up on the celebrity gossip. All I can say about this is that I couldn't care less.
    Look at you all up on the celebrity gossip. All I can say about this is that I couldn't care less.
    Yeah, I don't see why this is a fail, more like why even bother? If this were any other set of unmarried parents, it wouldn't be even worth commenting on that they were getting married to raise their child, so why comment on this just because they're famous? It's not good or bad, it's just whatever.
    Yeah, I don't see why this is a fail, more like why even bother? If this were any other set of unmarried parents, it wouldn't be even worth commenting on that they were getting married to raise their child, so why comment on this just because they're famous? It's not good or bad, it's just whatever.
    It's really a double fail. Fail because of what it is, and fail because it was news at all, anywhere.
    It's really a double fail. Fail because of what it is, and fail because it was news at all, anywhere.
    Eh, not so much for what it is. I mean, I dislike the Palins, but better the kid have a family than be stuck in the media-crazed argument between his parents.
    Eh, not so much for what it is. I mean, I dislike the Palins, but better the kid have a family than be stuck in the media-crazed argument between his parents.
    A media crazed family? ;)
    True, but if they get married and raise a kid, there's less news than if they fight constantly.
    True, but if they get married and raise a kid, there's less news than if they fight constantly.
    OMG the pyramid is going to fall over, RUUUUUUN!!!!