This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• Michael Jackson MMO
    Wut. I read the article and I still don't get it. Are you going to have to have dance-offs with giant rats to kill them?
  • Guys in this forum:
  • I didn't get the job I was really hoping to get.
  • Guys in this forum:
    I really don't know why I stopped reading SMBC. That ends today.
  • My department is reorganizing due to some retirements. Not a huge deal. My top boss is a waste of state funding. While, I'm not directly affected. A few people have been unwillingly dumped into leadership positions and have responded to the idea of more responsibilities with a nervous breakdown. WTF?!? This isn't entirely a Fail for me, but I'm hoping to transfer to Newborn Screening. I do keep hearing the phrase "Do more with Less." It's really starting to sound like "We're fucking the fuck out of your fuckers."
  • edited September 2010
    ~_^

I actually saw the rotisseries on the S&A; tour. It was very awesome.
    >.< I obviously need to read much more carefully. Fail of my day.
    Post edited by trogdor9 on
  • Oh dear lord. Last Thursday or Friday I made some rice for lunch, but it burned in the pot into a charred, glutinous, hard mass. Thinking that nothing could possibly consume that, I left the pot out for a while--until today. I went to clean it, and about 8 horrific mold colonies spanning a rainbow of colors are munching away at that "inedible" mass. I made up a pot of boiling water to kill everything and am letting them soak in that, before emptying the water, hitting them again, emptying out the mass into the trash, and then cleaning the pot with boiling water, Dawn, Mon Ami, and Barkeeper's Friend, in that order.

Mold is horrifying.
  • edited September 2010
    JESUS FUCK I HAVE NEVER SMELLED SOMETHING SO BAD IN MY ENTIRE LIFE.

The smell of that rice...It was the smell of millions of infant corpses, screaming a death rattle prayer to a cruel and merciless god who neither heard nor cared for their pleas.

Bamboo water. No, worse. It's as if you distilled the water off the bamboo water. And then poured that essence into a mass grave under the Sonora sun.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • edited September 2010
    I got in trouble at school today because a teacher didn't understand what I was doing in the computer lab and didn't listen when I explained it to them. My school really sucks.
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • JESUS FUCK I HAVE NEVER SMELLED SOMETHING SO BAD IN MY ENTIRE LIFE.

The smell of that rice...It was the smell of millions of infant corpses, screaming a death rattle prayer to a cruel and merciless god who neither heard nor cared for their pleas.

Bamboo water. No, worse. It's as if you distilled the water off the bamboo water. And then poured that essence into a mass grave under the Sonora sun.
    Nothing can smell as bad as the bamboo water... could it? *Shudder*

I got in trouble at school today because a teacher didn't understand what I was doing in the computer lab and didn't listen when I explained it to them. My school really sucks.
    See my recent post in the "Childhood Injustices" thread.
  • I got in trouble at school today because a teacher didn't understand what I was doing in the computer lab and didn't listen when I explained it to them. My school really sucks.
    This happened to me once or twice, but then I talked to the IT guy and he let everyone know I was fine doing whatever I wanted to. I ended up helping the school transition to a new IT guy over the 10th to 11th grade year, but it turned out that the new guy was one of the horrible retarded IT guys. He still used me to help him do IT work, and he respected that I knew my shit, but he had ridiculous policies on internet usage and had crazy ideas about some stuff. He installed a horrible, horrible firewall that was easily defeated by proxy servers, but it was still a bitch to deal with. It blocked random schools and colleges websites so I had to help the teachers get around it sometimes too.

One time, he told me not to use Firefox, because he saw me installing it on a computer. I asked him why, and he said "The man the made Firefox is a Hacker, and if you use it, he'll steal all of your information. What's wrong with Internet Explorer?" What the fuck. Fail of the last two years of high school.
  • The one thing worse than second home sickness is craving for food from said place. Want fried squid so badly.
  • The one thing worse than second home sickness is craving for food from said place. Want fried squid so badly.
    Hey man, I've been craving a bowl of real clam chowder for the past year. I know your pain.
  • edited September 2010
    Food nostalgia: Hurts in the heart, hurts in the stomach.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • One time, he told me not to use Firefox, because he saw me installing it on a computer. I asked him why, and he said "The man the made Firefox is a Hacker, and if you use it, he'll steal all of your information. What's wrong with Internet Explorer?" What the fuck. Fail of the last two years of high school.
    People like that comprise the majority of IT workers, because most companies can't afford anyone good. Often, someone already working there will be "promoted" to IT.

I'd be surprised if more than 10% or so of the IT workforce in the US has a degree in Information Technology, let alone a non-CIS computer field.
  • People like that comprise the majority of IT workers, because most companies can't afford anyone good. Often, someone already working there will be "promoted" to IT.

I'd be surprised if more than 10% or so of the IT workforce in the US has a degree in Information Technology, let alone a non-CIS computer field.
    My job prospects suddenly seem a lot better. :P
  • Just watched what is probably going to be the last episode of Cranky Geeks. I'm going to miss that podcast more than any other I've seen/heard that's ended.
  • Just watched what is probably going to be the last episode of Cranky Geeks. I'm going to miss that podcast more than any other I've seen/heard that's ended.
    What? but I just started subscribing to that podcast. Goddammit.
  • Beiber-Cobain comparison.jpg
    My first thought when I saw that was, "Can we get him a shotgun so he can complete the analogy?"
  • Beiber-Cobain comparison.jpg
    My first thought when I saw that was, "Can we get him a shotgun heroin so he can complete the analogy?"
  • edited September 2010
    This happened to me once or twice, but then I talked to the IT guy and he let everyone know I was fine doing whatever I wanted to..
    See, my IT guy is the guy who got me in trouble. He's just a crazy, cranky old man.
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • edited September 2010
    Beiber-Cobain comparison.jpg
    My first thought when I saw that was, "Can we get hima shotgunheroinso he can complete the analogy?"
    Six of one, half-dozen of the other, so long as the pox that is Justin Beiber is rid from this world.
    Post edited by Techparadox on
  • Give him Courtney Love. I'm sure that'll work out.
  • edited September 2010
    I don't know why, but I believe I should be proud that I still have absolutely no idea who this Justin Bieber kid is. I don't plan on changing it either.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • I have yet to hear any of his music. That I know of.
  • I eagerly await the day his voice drops, and he sounds like some horrific cross of Justin Timberlake and Gilbert Gottfried.
  • I have yet to hear any of his music. That I know of.
    As far as I can tell, JB is the no-girl non-Japanese version of AKB48.
  • As far as I can tell, JB is the no-girl non-Japanese version of AKB48.
    Thanks. You realise I don't have a fucking clue what you are talking about, right?