This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• edited September 2010
    As far as I can tell, JB is the no-girl non-Japanese version of AKB48.
    Thanks. You realise I don't have a fucking clue what you are talking about, right?
    Omnu is trying to say he's like the pop-music non-Basque/Spanish no-band Manu Chao, minus the politics.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • I just remembered that they actually made a Doom movie.
    I spend a lot of time trying to forget.
  • FAIL/ WTF: I'm doing a pro-bono DJ-ing gig for a local school, and when I asked what kinds of music should I play (because I'm primarily a Dance/Techno/House DJ) I was told Black Eyed Peas, Justin Bieber, 50 Cent, "you know, that kind of stuff."

This was from the principal of the PTA.

It's an Elementary school.

Well, FUCK THAT. These punk ass kids are gonna get a taste of the OLD SCHOOL. 60's, 70's, and 80's.
  • Well, FUCK THAT. These punk ass kids are gonna get a taste of the OLD SCHOOL. 60's, 70's, and 80's.
    It's at times like this I remember than you're awesome.
  • Well, FUCK THAT. These punk ass kids are gonna get a taste of the OLD SCHOOL. 60's, 70's, and 80's.
    Any logical and intelligent person would do that, it is not just relegated to Sonic. Though that doesn't make Sonic any less awesome.
    Try to only think about the fun tongue-in-cheek first person part. It helps.
  • When I got a video projector, I wanted a big stupid movie to test it out. Doom was the first movie I watched on it. I've seen a LOT of movies far worse than this one. And I imagined the first person shooter part would be a gimmick, but I was actually surprised at how well it tied in with the story. Or I was impressed at how well the story led up to that part.
    Any logical and intelligent person would do that, it is not just relegated to Sonic. Though that doesn't make Sonic any less awesome.
    Awesome, maybe, but now I've got about 200+ tracks to go through and weed out the ones with swears or overtly adult themes. The 60's and 70's I'm not so concerned about. It's the 80's that make me worry. Also, I'll be tossing in some internet classics like Dragosta Din Tea, Caramel Dansen, Never gonna give you up (though that is an 80's song), and Levan's Polka, as well as some anime themes (like the original American pokemon theme song) and new punk kid anime themes (yu-gi-oh and narutard- I mean -to).

Make no mistake, however, these punk kids will do the hustle.
  • edited September 2010
    Just start laying down acid house and classic trance. Play the KLF's "What Time Is Love" for about 40 minutes. And lots of Frankie Bones.
  • It's a chili cookoff, not a raptor jesus ceremony.
  • edited September 2010
    Oh. Well, I guess DJ Sharpnel and 1200 Micrograms would be better suited to your needs, then.
  • A year ago, I wouldn't have had any idea what all this music is. Then I read Last NIght A DJ Saved My Life, which is basically a history of disks and the people who spin them. If you guys haven't read it, it would probably be right up your collective alleys.
  • Try to only think about the fun tongue-in-cheek first person part. It helps.
    Oh, I never saw it.
  • It's a chili cookoff, not a raptor jesus ceremony.
    haha am I missing something?
  • edited September 2010
    haha am I missing something?
    Raptor Jesus
    Post edited by Ruffas on
  • haha am I missing something?
    Raptor Jesus
    Oh no I got that. It just doesn't really look like any chili cookoff I've seen, regardless of raptors. Is that just like an edited clip from Jesus camp or something?
  • Is that just like an edited clip from Jesus camp or something?
    Yes.
  • Gaming club was closed today. I really wanted to get my geek on tonight.
    Board gaming? Video gaming? If it's board gaming, make your own club! Buy a few board games and invite people over.
    Board gaming? Video gaming? If it's board gaming, make your own club! Buy a few board games and invite people over.
    It was Board gaming. This week it's closed, but there's tons of locations. The Maryland Games club is quite expansive. It's just that the location nearest to us was closed and it was too late to go to another. T_T I wanted to get my Dominion on!
  • Got into a fender bender earlier..in the car that I just bought in June.
  • Cold caught :X
  • edited September 2010
    I'm sitting in line outside the counseling offices to make an appointment and a blind man tripped over me ;_;

[Edit] Just to be clear, I'm not complaining about being tripped over, I just feel bad.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Government idiots want to ban cars older than seven years, that would render my 1983 car useless.
  • Government idiots want to ban cars older than seven years, that would render my 1983 car useless.
    What is their reasoning?
  • Government idiots want to ban cars older than seven years
    Um, no, please. Do you have an article link?
  • I don't have an article to link yet, just heard it on the news, and the reasoning is that older cars are "not as safe" and pollute more.
  • the reasoning is that older cars are "not as safe" and pollute more.
    Unfortunately, that reasoning is logically sound.
  • edited September 2010
    Government idiots want to ban cars older than seven years, that would render my 1983 car useless.
    How is that going to work in Costa Rica? A lot of the cars I saw were like vintage pick-ups and stuff. I mean, newer cars are less polluting, sure, but if you have a decent car and you don't want to get a new one, it shouldn't be banned. It seems like it will hurt a lot of people who go around in their ten year old van.
    Post edited by gomidog on