This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• That's cool. I haven't eaten any chicken in 9 years anyway. I just thought it looked absolutely horrifying.
    No argument there. Processing is a pretty disgusting thing to look at.

Beer also looks like shit while it's fermenting.
  • edited September 2010
    To be honest, Whole Chicken in a Can looks MUCH MORE DISGUSTING than that. The seperated chicken looks like Taffy or Ice Cream.
    Post edited by Nukerjsr on
  • edited September 2010
    Fuck my fucking shit, I might not get into the MCB Honors program that I want to use as a MD/PhD application booster, and it might all be because of a technicality. FUCK.

@Pete: There are numerous things immediately wrong with that little blurb (the "whole chicken+sieve" was the one I caught right away), but it was too good an opportunity not to sick my little brother out with a picture of delicious chicken paste.

McNuggets used to be made from meat slurry and binders; I think once people found out about the true identity of meat slurry they switched to the current white meat scraps and transglutaminase model that's so popular with the kids now.

Coincidentally, transglutaminase is a GREAT way to impress company if you can get your hands on it. You can make layered Ahi/Sword/Salmon steaks with enough prep time. Also, bacon patties.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • You can make layered Ahi/Sword/Salmon steaks with enough prep time. Also, bacon patties.
    Have you pictures of said wonders?
  • edited September 2010
    You can make layered Ahi/Sword/Salmon steaks with enough prep time. Also, bacon patties.
    Have you pictures of said wonders?
    Not the fish ones, but the Momofuku/Alinea/Fat Duck cookbooks have a lot of meat glue references if you want to make them.

Bacon disks:

• Bacon disks:
    I think I'm in love.
  • I've got two fails that both involve movies.

George Lucas tarnishes Star Wars even more.
    I think it's time someone killed George Lucas.
  • I've got two fails that both involve movies.

• edited September 2010
    I've got two fails that both involve movies.

Sadly, George Lucas died many years ago, just after proposing the mere idea of episode one. Helvetica scenario, you know. He never made any other movies. The rights to Star Wars are now held by a close friend who refuses to license them without fandom approval.
    Patton
    My favorite comedian.
  • I just threw up in my brain a little.
    Whoo boy. That bacon cheeseburgers thread made me want to eat meat again, but now I'm firmly back on the side of being glad I don't. Gross-tastic.
  • Since there is no "Incoherent Rage of Your Day" thread...

Have the new Scientology commercials been posted yet? I haven't been keeping up with this thread.

"...that can only be filled by one thing: The Truth. Scientology."

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?!
  • Well they have a lot of money and film people. Makes some sense.
  • I'm not at class. Why? This morning has been fail and I need an off day!
  • I walked to work in tornado watch conditions. It seemed like just rain at first, but the wind kept gusting rendering my umbrella useless. I'm soaked.
  • I walked to work in tornado watch conditions. It seemed like just rain at first, but the wind kept gusting rendering my umbrella useless. I'm soaked.
    Rain coat + slacks.
  • the new Scientology commercials
    I love how they were talking about not being able to buy the truth, and to get into Scientology you have to spend so much freaking money.
    This is why I drove the two blocks to work this morning. There was no way I could carry an umbrella, pull a bag, and hold coffee at the same time. Last time I tried it I ended up wet and covered in coffee. I also brought all my stuff for the whole day - work in the morning and two classes in the afternoon. No going home at lunch for me!
  • Since there is no "Incoherent Rage of Your Day" thread...

Havethe new Scientology commercialsbeen posted yet? I haven't been keeping up with this thread.

"...that can only be filled by one thing: The Truth. Scientology."

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?!
    GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • RymRym
    edited September 2010
    the wind kept gusting rendering my umbrella useless. I'm soaked.
    My fancy new umbrella has served me well today.
    Post edited by Rym on
  • the wind kept gusting rendering my umbrella useless. I'm soaked.
    Myfancy new umbrellahas served me well today.
    I am intrigued, I would like to examine said umbrella.
    Emily freaks out every time he opens it inside the apartment to show somebody. It's hilarious.
    Emily freaks out every time he opens it inside the apartment to show somebody. It's hilarious.
    Now I really must see it.
  • Emily freaks out every time he opens it inside the apartment to show somebody. It's hilarious.
    It's Bad Luck! Doubly so because it is weirdly shaped!
  • It's Bad Luck! Doubly so because it is weirdly shaped!
    Superstitious Emi is adorable. :P
  • Emily freaks out every time he opens it inside the apartment to show somebody. It's hilarious.
    It's Bad Luck! Doubly so because it is weirdly shaped!
    Oh come now. Don't tell me you believe in luck. :-P
  • edited September 2010
    4. How much ammonia? Is ammonia bad for you? What does it do for the meat?
    BUT IT'S AMMONIA AND IT SOUNDS EVIL. LIKE HOW CFLS HAVE (less) MERCURY IN THEM (than a tuna sandwich)
    Post edited by Neito on
  • edited September 2010
    Pete has this big angry about "Natural Food." I don't get it. I like buying veg and meat at the farmers market, and you cannot deny that, while science should be used to make crops more productive (I <3 GMO research), it is not "science" that motivates most Agro-chemical production but capitalism. My mom works with scientists researching the watershed in the county where I grew up. She makes presentations and puts together the "State of the Basin" report, based on the research data, and I've seen the damage that over-use of industrial chemicals can do to a water system. (Ironically, it is cattle waste runoff and lawn fertilizer that causes the most trouble.) You need to not confuse "faith in science" with the abuses of a capitalist system that cares for nothing more that cheap and efficient production at the cost of personal and environmental health. My ideal solution is a holistic approach (Not "holistic" like Randi medicine, but "concerning the system as a whole") heavily informed by science and with an emphasis on technological advances that can help feed more people, while at the same time keeping in mind the ramifications on the ecosystem and the human body. Part of my distrust of highly processed "Food Science" inventions is that so many of them have been shown to be detrimental over the long term to one's health. Transfats and high fructose corn syrup are the two things that have been proven to fuck your shit up, as it were. "Organic" is just a marketing term, and we should be leery of the over marketing of "natural" and the demonizing of agricultural science, but at the same time we should not go to the opposite end and make excuses for the companies that think mainly about large profit margins.

Edit: That said, you can think of mechanically separated chicken as a good thing: We are using every part of the animal! As far as I know, Pete is right. It is reclaimed meat and bone from after the premium meat has been packaged. Recycled Meat!
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • I think Pete rages about the FUD marketing campaigns used to promote "organic" products, not necessarily the products themselves.