This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• I could not disagree with you more. I consider myself a Conservative yet I love progress. I want LGBT rights, I want transhumanism, I love Dagen H, and Ireallywant robot cars. I think Conservatism has gone away from it's roots, which was in fact progressive, but simply stated that government should only hold the powers enumerated to it by the Constitution.

But please, feel free to tell me I'm not a conservative.
    What makes you a conservative?
    Dammit I don't need an existential crisis before work. I'm an American, I don't have to apologize for shit. I'm a Conservative and I say fuck everyone who is against change that isn't Obama's change. Also fuck Obama.
    Why fuck Obama? Also, as far as I know, American citizenship does not carry with it a complete absence of remorse for misdeeds. I think American exceptionalism is a crock of baloney!
  • It has snowed just about every day for the past week. I'm growing rather sick of shoveling snow...
  • @chaosof99 Please rub more salt in my wounds. Its dick chilling cold, and no snow. Not even a drop, nothing. So please don't wine, we would kill for snow here. Hell mail some we'll take anything

Super faily day yesterday. Got ill so spent most of the day sleeping and part doing an evil essay. Went to work where my supervisor is quitting smoking and feels that its ok to vent her stress on to me, for 8 hours. Card machine ate my card, not sure when i'm getting a new one and I have done none of my shopping. To make matters worse went out with some friends last night and some how managed to chip my fucking shin! No idea how but I now have a massive lump on my leg that hurts to walk on. To put a cap on this craptastic adventure, I'm stuck in a really dull lecture.
  • Fail: All my computer parts are on a truck on it's way to Buffalo from Ohio since yesterday.
    All of the Great Lakes turned into snow just before the parts got to Buffalo, and then fell on Buffalo.
    Balls.
  • Just to add another fail into my day cut the top to my knee open right across the join, bled all over my bitchin sweet chords.
  • I had a slow motion bike accident. Fucking snow! The landing is softer on snow than bare road surface, but I still bashed my shoulder quite badly.
  • Its dick chilling cold, and no snow. Not even a drop, nothing. So please don't wine, we would kill for snow here. Hell mail some we'll take anything
    You don't want snow like they are getting up North in Europe. They know snow, but trust me when I say that this is some serious snow.
  • edited December 2010
    You don't want snow like they are getting up North in Europe. They know snow, but trust me when I say that this is some serious snow.
    Snow: Serious Business.
    Post edited by Jack Draigo on
  • I could go for some, anything is better than the rain we had. Its just that we have the possibility for a campus wide snowball fight, a park that is screaming to have jumps made on it and all my skiing and snowboarding friends having there kit with them.

Also knee had stitches and I look to have damaged the joint as well. Which would put a dampener on any snow fun.
    Snow: Serious Business.
    That's snow joke.
  • edited December 2010
    Via FSTDT, I've found a completely ludicrous article about a biblical literalist trying to defend the atrocities in the Bible, such as slavery, or 42 people being mauled by bears for making fun of a bald person. The most bizarre thing is that she at times seems to imply that what happened in the Bible couldn't actually be true since it goes against common sense (agreed) and that her God is incompetent. Unintentional of course, and it would be pretty funny, if it wasn't so brain-splittingly terrifying at the same time. One person actually believing this crap, that is.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • 42 people being mauled by bears for making fun of a bald person.
    Not just people, children.
    Well, she makes a convoluted argument that it wasn't actually children but "youths", as if that would make it better, so I just used a more general term. Whether children, youths, grown-ups, men, women, blacks, gays, whoever, it's a completely indefensible and atrocious act that can only be "rationalized" by complete and utter morons.
  • I think that we can all agree that the rise of bear mauling would be in direct correlation with the increase in smarter fitter children.

Some people are just bonkers, I met one guy who was convinced that tooth paste works as thermal paste.
    Not just bears, she-bears.
  • That being said, this incident doesn’t imply rape; it implies kidnapping and forced marriage.
    Which isn't rape? Whether or not you marry the person before you rape them doesn't really change anything.
  • I could quote you some Greek literature that would prover other wise. Not that I agree with it.
  • I've found a completely ludicrous article about a biblical literalisttrying to defend the atrocities in the Bible, such as slavery, or 42 people being mauled by bears for making fun of a bald person.
    It is just as ludicrous that people think these myths and legends in the bible are meant to be a comment on morality at all. They aren't. If anyone ever asks about morality in the bible, either good or bad, ask them about the morality in another ancient text.
  • If anyone ever asks about morality in the bible, either good or bad, ask them about the morality in another ancient text.
    What about the morality of Hop on Pop?
  • What about the morality in Gogol 13?
  • I have a problem that I can't seem to SQL my way out of. It's extremely frustrating.
  • What about the morality in Gogol 13?
    I like my morality more punchy and head-explody though.
  • It is just as ludicrous that people think these myths and legends in the bible are meant to be a comment on morality at all. They aren't. If anyone ever asks about morality in the bible, either good or bad, ask them about the morality in another ancient text.
    The only reason it comes up is because Christians use it for a guide for moral values all the time, thus prompting atheists to say "hey, your book of morals is broken."
  • The Bible is an entertaining read and I really can't say much else about it. I once joked there should be more Bible burnings since Christians burn fiction all the time.
  • The Bible is an entertaining read
    I actually disagree. It's difficult to follow, confusing, inconsistent, and has little narrative.
  • The Bible is an entertaining read
    I actually disagree. It's difficult to follow, confusing, inconsistent, and has little narrative.
    Not to mention boring as fuck.
  • George just reminded me how much it makes me kinda sad because I don't live on the east coast. :'( (For this weekend at least.)
  • George just reminded me how much it makes me kinda sad because I don't live on the east coast. :'( (For this weekend at least.)
    Nah, it's cool - I won't be there, so there's like, totally no reason to go. ;P
    You have a point. I don't feel as bad anymore. ^__~
  • edited December 2010
    George just reminded me how much it makes me kinda sad because I don't live on the east coast. :'( (For this weekend at least.)
    Yup, I'm only going now because I already said I'd go. >_>
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • edited December 2010
    For definition of "rape," simply reference a musical (like everything else in life):

Lyrics:
    Rape!
    R-a-a-a-pe!
    Raa-aa-aa-pe!

A pretty rape!
    A literary rape!

We've the obvious open schoolboy rape,
    With little mandolins and perhaps a cape.
    The rape by coach; it's little in request.
    The rape by day, but the rape by night is best.

Just try to see it.
    And you will soon agree, señors,
    Why
    Invite regret,
    When you can get the sort of rape
    You'll never ever forget.

You can get the rape emphatic.
    You can get the rape polite.
    You can get the rape with Indians:
    A very charming sight.
    You can get the rape on horseback;
    They'll all say it's new and gay.
    So you see the sort of rape
    Depends on what you pay.
    It depends on what you
    Pay.

The kids will love it.
    It depends on what you pay!
    So why be stingy?
    It depends on what you --

The spectacular rape,
    With costumes ordered from the East.
    Requires rehearsal
    And takes a dozen men at least.
    A couple of singers,
    And a string quartet.
    A major production.
    Requires a set.

Sounds expensive!

Just try to see it.
    And you will soon si,si señors,
    Why
    Invite regret,

A very charming sight.
    You can get the rape on horseback;
    They'll all say it's new and gay.
    So you see the sort of rape
    Depends on what you pay.
    It depends on what you
    Pay.

So why be stingy?
    It depends on what you pay!
    The kids will love it.
    It depends on what you --

The comic rape.
    Perhaps it's just a trifle too unique.
    Romantic rape:
    Done while canoeing on a moonlit creek.
    The gothic rape!
    I play "Valkyrie" on a bass bassoon!
    The drunken rape.
    It's done completely in a cheap saloon.

The rape Venetian
    Needs a blue lagoon.
    The rape with moonlight
    Or without a moon.
    Moonlight is expensive but it's in demand.
    The military rape:
    It's done with drummer and a band.

You understand?
    I understand.
    It's very grand.
    It's very grand.
    It's done with drums and a great big brass band!
    Yeah!

Just try to see it.
    I see it!
    I see it!
    And you will soon si,si señors,
    Why
    Invite regret,