This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• My windows don't seal properly and the radiators in my bathroom and bedroom haven't been turned on. 70% of my apartment is woman right now.
    Now is the perfect time to experiemnt with overclocking your computer.
  • Technically, you'd want to test overclocking when it's hottest for safety reasons.
  • You know how big my apartment is, right? I only will heat one room. Or to put it another way, I only turn on one radiator, a huge oil powered thing, which takes heat from the apartments central heating system. This actually heats three rooms, my living room, my kitchen, and my bathroom. My juggling studio goes without heating and so does my bedroom. They are all part of one room which, the first winter I lived here, landed a €900 heating bill. Moving my office into the living room makes a lot more sense.
  • A high-school friend's father was shot and killed because he was the evidence examiner at a car burglary and the 19-year old parolee burglar didn't want to go back to prison.

I hope that fucking parasite rots. It warms my heart the slightest bit (despite the fact that I hate their occasional corruption and brutality) to know that the Cook County Prison guards are going to treat him like a subhuman for this.
  • edited December 2010
    To call him “the Miracle Man” is in a way a misnomer, because a miracle implies the absence of a natural law, when in fact his achievements are only the results of the law of reincarnation and the subsequent use of spirit doctors from the spirit plane.
    wat
    Post edited by YoshoKatana on
  • GODDAMN IT WINDOWS MOBILE YES I WANT TO VIEW THE FUCKING PAGE, I DON'T CARE WHAT IS ENCRYPTED OR NOT I JUST WANT TO PROFILE THE FUCKING LPN!
  • I burnt myself in one of the stupidest ways possible earlier this morning.
  • Trying to work out what the end of -what turned out be- a car ciggarette lighter is?
  • Trying to work out what the end of -what turned out be- a car ciggarette lighter is?
    It's a coil of Nichrome wire.
  • Fuck you, Conservatives.Fuck you right in the eye.
    I disavow any affiliations to any conservative groups mentioned in that article. I swear to God they don't represent all of us.
  • I'm not sure, but I think that limiting artistic expression is worse than limiting direct free speech.
  • RymRym
    edited December 2010
    I burnt myself in one of the stupidest ways possible earlier this morning.
    You were hot, and wanted to cool down, so you made a fire to do so.

No matter how stupid something you did was, there are levels well beyond. Remember, the percentage of Americans who think Sarah Palin is a reasonable candidate for president mirrors the percentage of Americans in the bottom two quintiles of the intelligence Bell Curve.
    Post edited by Rym on

No matter how stupid something you did was, there are levels well beyond. Remember, the percentage of Americans who think Sarah Palin is a reasonable candidate for president mirrors the percentage of Americans in the bottom two quintiles of the intelligence Bell Curve.
    That makes me a feel a lil' better now. :)

At least I don't see any major skin damage, which is very good considering where I was burned.
    I disavow any affiliations to any conservative groups mentioned in that article. I swear to God they don't represent all of us.
    But they're louder and do more damage.
    That's the problem.
  • edited December 2010
    Fuck you, Conservatives.Fuck you right in the eye.
    That's the problem.
    Loud uneducated self-righteous crazies:
    Post edited by GreatTeacherMacRoss on
  • edited December 2010
    Post edited by Delam3 on
  • Conservatives of any stripe are fundamentally against progress. If anything, we need to change government and society more quickly, not less quickly, to address an increasingly accelerating rate of cultural and technological evolution.

Conservatism in politics fundamentally disconnects government from reality, as the latter will always then outpace the former.
  • Conservatives of any stripe are fundamentally against progress. If anything, we need to change government and society more quickly, not less quickly, to address an increasingly accelerating rate of cultural and technological evolution.

Conservatism in politics fundamentally disconnects government from reality, as the latter will always then outpace the former.
    There are those of us that are fiscal conservatives.
  • edited December 2010
    Conservatives of any stripe are fundamentally against progress. If anything, we need to change government and society more quickly, not less quickly, to address an increasingly accelerating rate of cultural and technological evolution.

Well, that's in fact what the word means, isn't it? Conservatism, as in conservation of the status quo. Also why it is contrasted to progressivism. In an ever changing environment, conservatism simply doesn't make any sense.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on

There are those of us that arefiscalconservatives.
    I argue that that's a useless term. What does it mean? "We don't like wasting money"? It's not like I'm walking down the street, dancing, and suggesting we throw government money from the tallest rooftop. We all want the best bang:buck ratio. We just debate about which bangs are best.

Think about how dumb a person with a average IQ of 100 is. Now realize that half of everyone is dumber than that.
  • There are those of us that arefiscalconservatives.
    Doesn't mean that it isn't stupid. Fiscal conservatism tells me that one eschews expenditures of all sort regardless of necessity or benefit, and in most cases either people who declare themselves do that despite obvious necessity or tremendous benefit, or are simply lying and put money into their personal ideology without conserving much money at all.

What is necessary is cost-benefit measurements and finding what is necessary followed by finding the optional things that bring the most benefit with the least cost. Therefore I think of myself not as fiscally conservative, though it is in part the goal to use up the least money or get the most out of that money. Rather, I view myself as fiscally responsible.
  • Qatar 2026!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

So pissed!
    I was in Qatar earlier this year, and it's a completely bonkers place. I was in the capital city, and the Royal family has so much money, and so much power, the whole place looks like themepark. Except to completely empty themepark, as there is no culture or history left there.
  • Watching people who obviously don't play video games talk about the future of gaming is painful.
  • We just debate about which bangs are best.
    I hear your mum is pretty good.
  • Doesn't mean that it isn't stupid. Fiscal conservatism tells me that one eschews expenditures of all sort regardless of necessity or benefit
    Not necessarily the case. Sometimes we just think we shouldn't be borrowing money to pay for everything. I'm not a fan of deficit spending. Having done it myself, it doesn't lead anywhere I want the country going.
  • On the extra credit portion of my astronomy final, we had to figure out the resolving power and light gathering ability of two telescopes and describe in a paragraph which one is better and why.

After the paragraph, I wrote "TL;DR The GMT is a better bang for your buck."

In pen.

Fail.