This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• My dad just got laid off so now my Mom is going to have to get a second job. My dad already didn't want me to go to a real University this year and now he'll be even more pissed about it. Ugh I really am not wanting to go home in a couple weeks anymore.
    My family is in the very real danger of losing our house. FML
    I'm really sorry to hear that :(
  • Coming up to my 22nd birhday reminds me it's now been three years and my attempts to move on with life haven't gotten far.
  • After watching the video below, I feel like I missed something important by never playing megaman as a kid. I also look back and realize how much Sonic the Hedgehog games influenced my life as a kid and growing up. That part isn't a fail (I wouldn't change it for the world), but it really cause stunning retrospective on the choices I made on a day to day basis throughout my growing up. The video games I played as a kid really DID have a big impact on how I shaped myself growing up, for the better and for the worse.
  • Leslie Neilsenhas died.
    You are like 36 hours late on that one.
  • Yes, Mega Man was important to my past...I can't explain it, but something about it is magic. I wouldn't have traded Mega Man 4 and 6 as a kid for anything...Except maybe Mega Man 2...
  • I thought there was going to be a new Castle episode yesterday and was looking forward to a new one because they didn't air any last week because of the holiday.

George decided to crush my happiness with the reality that the new episode doesn't air until next week. ; _ ;
  • George decided to crush my happiness with the reality that the new episode doesn't air until next week. ; _ ;
    Sorry. ; _ ;
  • I thought there was going to be a new Castle episode yesterday and was looking forward to a new one because they didn't air any last week because of the holiday.
    Is Castle Subjectively good or Objectively good? Just curious since I have been meaning to watch it for some Nate action.
  • edited November 2010
    Is Castle Subjectively good or Objectively good? Just curious since I have been meaning to watch it for some Nate action.
    Subjective? I am confuzzled with this question.

It is pure Nathan Filion love. It's him being Nathan Fillion as an author with funny remarks and mannerisms along with Stana Katic's beauty, smarts, and awesome detective skills. It has a really awesome supporting cast of Castle's mother and daughter along with the other detectives in homicide.

It's a procedural where everything gets solved by the end, but you get more character development with each episode along with development of the relationships between the characters.

It's also really great when you get fan service every now and then with Firefly. It's also fun to follow Nathan Fillion on Twitter and see what he has to say about the episodes.

If you're like me or George, you will like this I think.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • Is Castle Subjectively good or Objectively good? Just curious since I have been meaning to watch it for some Nate action.
    Probably more subjective in that we enjoy the formula of this show. Some people don't like it.
  • Is Castle Subjectively good or Objectively good? Just curious since I have been meaning to watch it for some Nate action.
    Subjective? I am confuzzled with this question.
    I think he's making fun of something Scott Rubin said in another thread.
  • I think he's making fun of something Scott Rubin said in another thread.
    I was thinking that. I was going to reply something along the lines of if you're cool like me or George, you'll like it. If you're like Scott Rubin, you probably won't like it. :P
  • I think he's making fun of something Scott Rubin said in another thread.
    Yea, I was both making a meta-joke and honestly asking because I have been interested in the show because I'm a big Nate fan. Too bad it's not on Netflix.
  • edited November 2010
    Yea, I was both making a meta-joke and honestly asking because I have been interested in the show because I'm a big Nate fan. Too bad it's not on Netflix.
    It is on hulu.
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • It is on hulu.
    More then 3 or 4 eps at a time? Then it's not useful if I want to catch up.
  • GeoGeo
    edited November 2010
    Remember kids, subjective does not equal objective, unlike what Scott or Rym would have you believe. :P
    Post edited by Geo on
  • More then 3 or 4 eps at a time? Then it's not useful if I want to catch up.
    Yeah well...
  • My dads stupid HP scanner thinks it's smarter than me and insists on cutting into the middle of my drawings and cropping to odd dimensions. Guess I'm walking to my moms tomorrow.
  • edited November 2010
    Yes, Mega Man was important to my past...I can't explain it, but something about it is magic. I wouldn't have traded Mega Man 4 and 6 as a kid for anything...Except maybe Mega Man 2...
    Mega Man 4 was the second game I had for Game Boy Color, which was the first video game system I had. The memories it gave me was 110 Billion.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Yes, Mega Man was important to my past...I can't explain it, but something about it is magic. I wouldn't have traded Mega Man 4 and 6 as a kid for anything...Except maybe Mega Man 2...
    Mega Man 4 was the second game I had for Game Boy Color, which was the first video game system I had. The memories it gave me was 110 Billion.
    Not that Mega Man 4...The NES Mega Man 4. Two different games. That's technically Mega Man IV. The Roman numerals are for the GB games, otherwise it's implied you mean the NES version.
    Granted, yes, Mega Man 4 is awesome. It's just that other games were arguably of higher quality, and I don't have true geek cred as a result.
  • Not that Mega Man 4...The NES Mega Man 4. Two different games. That's technically Mega Man IV. The Roman numerals are for the GB games, otherwise it's implied you mean the NES version.
    Granted, yes, Mega Man 4 is awesome. It's just that other games were arguably of higher quality, and I don't have true geek cred as a result.
    It's still Mega Man. It was awesome and really difficult. You have geek cred; MM6&7 are what wouldn't earn you geek cred.

Also, I've done a single-sitting playthough of MM2. Emulated on PSP during an international plane ride. While listening to Dave and Joel. It was awesome.
  • It's snowing like a motherfucker and I should actually go to the local health insurance office. Unless it stops snowing by midday, I don't think I'll risk going outside my own yard today without a different mode of transportation from my feet.
  • edited December 2010
    Once again, it is hot as monkeyballs in NYC (compared to what I should expect for freakin' winter), and we haven't even gotten a hint of snow.

Also, I have come down with a cold, but still need to go to the office since we're releasing our alpha product tomorrow.
    Post edited by YoshoKatana on
  • It is so cold in Berlin it kinda hurts to walk outside. I bought new gloves two days ago, and they aren't warm enough.
  • It was WOMAN-grade cold out yesterday in my neck of the woods and I mistakenly thought I would be ok wearing just my lined windbreaker to work. Damn near froze my balls off when I had to go fuel up the car.
  • It's a brisk 62F here this morning...
  • Scraping off snow from the car windshield only to discover that the blades from my wipers decided to freeze to the windshield and detach from the rest of the wiper...
  • And 55 degrees in Northridge, California. That's your forum weather forecast for this morning.
  • My windows don't seal properly and the radiators in my bathroom and bedroom haven't been turned on. 70% of my apartment is woman right now.