This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• Luke, check your facebook, I just got a spam message from you.
  • Funny how you put this in the fail of the day thread! It's impressive to see just how quickly that hack spread around. I had about 80 friends online, and I messaged every one of them.

Also, I seem to have lost the last 6 days of facebook updates. Thankfully I don't give a shit.
  • Luke, check your facebook, I just got a spam message from you.
  • My Facebook never sends anyone spam.

/Just sayin'.
  • edited March 2011
    My Facebook never sends anyone spam.

/Just sayin'.
    You should get on that. From what I saw Emily Compton changed her status to "in a relationship"! It was a hubbub.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • You should get on that. From what I saw Emily Compton changed her status to "in a relationship'! It was a hubbub.
    Oh, I missed the excitement having not been on facebook in a while. >.
  • You should get on that. From what I saw Emily Compton changed her status to "in a relationship"! It was a hubbub.
    A hubub? We've been dating longer than most people stay married. ;^)
  • You should get on that. From what I saw Emily Compton changed her status to "in a relationship"! It was a hubbub.
    A hubub? We've been dating longer than most people stay married. ;^)
    LOL no. Because you aren't on Facebook, people had fun speculating about who she is in relationship with and ended up trash talking about you. :P
  • A hubub? We've been dating longer than most people stay married. ;^)
    Yes Rym, that was the joke.
  • Yes Rym, that was the joke.
    Ahh, but it was on Facebook! And I missed this wonderful gem of humor. Forced as I am to rely on such feeble technologies as twitter, this form, youtube, email, and gtalk for humor-related transactions. To have missed this event pains me greatly.

Pray tell, did you all write it on eachother's walls? Or perhaps in Facebook chat? Was it a real-time event, or was the humor so massive that, shuddering under its own weight, had to be spread among a series of conversations spanning minutes, if not hours?

WHAT HAVE I MISSED!?!!
  • Ahh, but it was on Facebook! And I missed this wonderful gem of humor. Forced as I am to rely on such feeble technologies as twitter, this form, youtube, email, and gtalk for humor-related transactions. To have missed this event pains me greatly.

Pray tell, did you all write it on eachother's walls? Or perhaps in Facebook chat? Was it a real-time event, or was the humor so massive that, shuddering under its own weight, had to be spread among a series of conversations spanning minutes, if not hours?

WHAT HAVE I MISSED!?!!
    Well apparently all we've missed is you being a drama queen.
  • Well apparently all we've missed is you being a drama queen.
    No, we get plenty of that even without Facebook. :P
  • Spam is mildly annoying at the worst of times, but causes no stress, and very little time wasting. Having my Facebook account compromised (fuck knows how, technically) and it sending out spam is a slight inconvenience. Losing almost a week's worth of status updates? Don't give a shit.

But then there's the "problem" that I have lots of friends who are concerned about me, enough to send messages and chat messages and comments and skype messages and emails and forum posts telling me my account has been "hacked" and is sending out spam. Which is really great! Except I then feel like I should reply to all of them, to thank them for their concern and warning. Which takes all kinds of time, which I really didn't have this evening due to changing plans.

So spammers have hijacked the goodwill of friends, and is bending it to return itself to the major annoyance it used to be when I was getting hundreds of spam messages a day. That I can feel annoyed by kindness and concern makes me annoyed, but intrigued at the same time.
  • edited March 2011
    I've spent all my free time on the weekend and today on a group project for school and everything has gone wrong. I don't want to let my group down but I'm getting ready to throw in the towel.
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • The Ex insulted the new part of my post high school plan, so I went to sleep in frustration/anger. That was about 4 hours ago. Now I'm pretty awake, and have to be 'up' at 7 (it's currently about 10 after midnight).

Today is already off to a great start.
  • What's the new part?
  • After waking up early and consuming an inadvisable amount of caffeine, I am ready to take on anything until I pass out around 4pm.
  • What's the new part?
    Basically, I want to take this out of state. And when I told my bestfriends what kind of places I was looking for, they lined up perfectly. So they invited me to try and go to the same areas.

She had a problem with going out of state and the friend part. The first is fucking stupid, because that was one of her issues from before was that I wasn't going out of state and was going to stay trapped in Austin. The second would make sense if I was changing my interests on order to tag along.
  • edited March 2011
    She's a dolt. There are arguments I could offer up, but I'm busy. Just know that she is 100% wrong on this.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • I forget if you posted previously about this ex saying bad things to you to basically give you low self esteem and feel bad.

You should stop talking to her. You are letting her words affect you and your emotions. If she was truly a nice person and a friend she wouldn't do that. Either stop talking to her or stop letting her affect you so much and show it.
  • @WUB, thanks. I'm glad to have some sort of confirmation that she's wrong.

@Ro, I have talked about her before. I'm trying to not let it affect me that much. At this point, I get a quick burst of frustration, then sleepy. But I do need to stop talking to her since this is a motif of our conversations. I have feelings for a nonexistent, nicer version of her that I wish to have back, and I think that's what's keeping me from letting go completely. Thanks for the advice, though. :)
  • You should tell her that you need her to be more supportive of the life decisions that you want to make and that her negativity is badly affecting you. If she's not willing to make that change, then I think you need to stop talking to her.
  • Yes, I agree. I think that I'll tell her later today.

You heard it here first, Josh grows a spine later!
  • Got Dragon Age 2 today, Xbox decides brand new disc is dirty, won't play it, won't install it.
    FML.
  • Got Dragon Age 2 today, Xbox decides brand new disc is dirty, won't play it, won't install it.
    FML.
    That's what you get for not getting the PC version :-p
    FML.
    That's what you get for not getting the PC version :-p
    I find the issue with the 360 a stupid problem that should never happen. No one can give me a reason other than "the laser is wearing out". Really? I have seen players/writers that last decades, and the Xbox can't handle functioning for a little over 2 years?
    No matter. $150 in gift certificates are coming my way thanks to points2shop and I'll have a new 360 soon.
    FML.
    Time to get a 360 slim
  • I think you can take the xbox apart and replace the drive if you're dedicated.
  • I think you can take the xbox apart and replace the drive if you're dedicated.
    I've seen videos and do not have the appropriate tools to go diddling around in my 360. Drive replacement is also time consuming, and I already called in my rewards for the $150 in Gamestop certificates. The fact that a drive should need replacement after 2 years is really upsetting, regardless if a fix is possible.
  • Literally just got off the phone with The Ex. Before I could start, she apologized for being mean about my life decisions and that she would be more supportive of me, since she knows I wouldn't go through with them based on shallow reasons, and even then it's still uncalled for.

For the actual fail:
    1) I was sick today, so I missed a quiz in Alg II
    2) I realized that if I don't knock it off, I'm going to be the "logistical asshole" that Mark Zuckerberg is portrayed as in The Social Network
    3) I had dreamed that I created a Spring Break buffer, so half an hour of my time was lost looking for nonexistent scraps of paper with silly drawings on them.