This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• edited April 2011
    My mom knows I'm not big on birthdays. I just can't believe I totally forgot until today.

I blame Minecraft.
    Tell her you've been building a structure in her honor ^__^

In fail of my day, I read the initialism DKR as Diddy Kong Racing, not The Dark Night Rises.
    Post edited by Matt on
  • In fail of my day, I read the acronym DKR as Diddy Kong Racing, not The Dark Night Rises.
    I really don't see either of those as acronyms and just as the name only. Kinda silly to make them as acronyms, but whatever.

I'm surprised that Diddy Kong Racing never made Virtual Console and only on the DS. That's another upsetting thing that Nintendo utterly fails at. They just need to do more releases of their games on VC.

(Keeps on hoping/praying for the day they release SMW2: Yoshi's Island on VC.)
  • Nail in my tire. FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU
  • FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU
    Yeah, my tire made that noise when I got the knife stuck in it.
  • Zipcar we took to Rochester had a surprising gouge in the sidewall of one of the front tires. Didn't notice it until we'd already driven over 300 miles...
  • FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU
    Yeah, my tire made that noise when I got the knife stuck in it.
    Ok, that made me laugh, I actually pictured a tire deflating in a comic with that word rushing out in a cloud.
  • PS3 no longer reading discs. It's the ultra rare cocoa bean edition of the 60gb HD with FULL backwards compatability.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.

(Jeremy broke it. I haz so much frustration.)

• FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.
    To continue the bad joke. Is that the sound it makes when trying to spin up a disk and fails? :P
  • PS3 no longer reading discs.
    How exactly is it broken? You might be able to fix it yourself for not that much money.
  • PS3 no longer reading discs.
    How exactly is it broken? You might be able to fix it yourself for not that much money.
    You have to force in the disc for it to take it in. It doesn't read the disc or recognize it either game or DVD/Bluray.

Last time we put in a DVD it started making a repeated loud clicking noise as if the DVD was hitting something. It didn't sound good.

I will look into getting it fixed.
  • Multi fail:
    Using my wife's car today as I'm dropping our dog off at a kennel prior to Anime Boston and her car is the designated "doggie vehicle." Forgot to take the EZ Pass (or "Fast Lane" as it's called in MA, but it's EZ Pass-compatible) out of my car and put it in her car as I'll be taking the Mass Pike to Anime Boston after work. Fail 1.

No worries -- my wife has an EZ Pass/Fast Lane but she hasn't been using it because she said "it wasn't working any more." We've been too lazy before, but now I had an excuse to force myself to call Fast Lane support and get that resolved. Only, well, the EZ Pass isn't in her car. Fail 2.
  • edited April 2011
    When the bill comes, just put down your EZ pass information and send it in, they never give us a problem. You only get screwed if you actively try and fix it (like going to the toll booth) ALWAYS just go through and wait for the letter to come and just send in your info. It is a Million times easier.
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • When the bill comes, just put down your EZ pass information and send it in, they never give us a problem. You only get screwed if you actively try and fix it (like going to the toll booth) ALWAYS just go through and wait for the letter to come and just send in your info. It is a Million times easier.
    I had a ezpass malfunction on the NJ Turnpike, I think it was the turnpike, in one of those "fast lanes" where you they detect your tag at 70mph, very awesome stuff that. Anyways we were in my girlfriends car and I didn't have her on my account so they sent me a bill for some obscene amount of money, I just added her to my account and said "shes on my account!" and it went away.
  • edited April 2011
    When the bill comes, just put down your EZ pass information and send it in, they never give us a problem. You only get screwed if you actively try and fix it (like going to the toll booth) ALWAYS just go through and wait for the letter to come and just send in your info. It is a Million times easier.
    Well, I don't have any EZ Pass in my wife's car today, so I'll need to use the normal toll booths. After the con I'll ask her where she put it and see about getting the damned thing resolved. I think the issue may be that it pre-dates our being married and having a joint account, so it's using an obsolete credit card number.
    Post edited by Dragonmaster Lou on
  • The title of the newest Jake and Amir is Fedora. I immediately thought they were doing an episode with linux, completely forgetting its a hat.
  • Got my project shot down today because copyright holder to some needed material wants nothing to do with Android or Open Source...fanboyism is gross.
  • I just had to explain to a coworker what "or" means.

Like, "If a sample is positive for test A or test B, do this."

This coworker tried to claim that the statement does not address what to do when test A is negative and test B is positive.

And she makes more than I do.
    >_
  • ...How do you get to be a scientist without knowing how 'or' works?
  • How scientist?

Like, "If a sample is positive for test A or test B, do this."

This coworker tried to claim that the statement does not address what to do when test A is negative and test B is positive.

And she makes more than I do.
    My department gets that almost all the time, specially from QA :O
  • ...How do you get to be a scientist without knowing how 'or' works?
    There are a lot of scientists that should not be scientists. One of them was hired by my boss back in August and we, the tech and I, call him the fail-doc.
  • specially from QA
    Yeah, this was the QA manager for my section.
  • specially from QA
    Yeah, this was the QA manager for my section.
    I am glad that it is not in my place.
    Also, I am sad that it is not only in my place.
    Seriously, what is wrong with QA? We have some crazy/scary stories :O
  • edited April 2011
    Saw this on my Facebook feed and I just about died.

Post edited by Sail on
  • edited April 2011
    So, Charlie Sheen seems to continue his trick of bolstering his Rapidly Fading fame by being crazy and controversial - his shithouse sitcom certainly didn't do it, and his movie career has been dead longer than Marlon Brando - and so now he's attacking Roger Ebert about his cancer, because Ebert gave Wall street a lukewarm review, and where he did mention sheen - other than saying which character he played - all he said was that "Sheen never seems quite relentless enough to move in Gekko's circle."

Oh, and mind you, this isn't the remake - this is Wall Street which came out in 1987. He's attacking Ebert for a bad review 24 years ago.

Am I the only one that thinks that almost nothing of importance would be lost if this wanker dropped dead tomorrow? Seriously, the only thing that it would cause would be a few headlines, a sharp snap back to reality for the knuckle-dragging morons who idolize him. Hunter S Thompson was uncountable orders of magnitude more of a man than Sheen is - He could drop the impact of charlie sheen's entire career twice over in a single article, while on enough drugs to kill Sheen twice over, and still be justified in feeling like it was a lazy, boring Tuesday.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Hunter S Thompson was uncountable orders of magnitude more of a man than Sheen is - He could drop the impact of charlie sheen's entire career twice over in a single article, while on enough drugs to kill Sheen twice over, and still be justified in feeling like it was a lazy, boring Tuesday.
    I know, right? If you are going to be a drug-addled crazy man, at least you should be an interesting and talented one.
  • edited April 2011
    Panic attacks and stress insomnia. Ha. Hahaha.

EDIT: Wow. That sucked. I spent 20 minutes hyperventilating on a bathroom floor. Fuck.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on

Being pretentious, for strength in the pit.