This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• My friends want to watch Bio Dome instead of Death Race or Doomsday. I think I need new friends.
  • My friends want to watch Bio Dome instead of Death Race or Doomsday. I think I need new friends.
    You need to find the heaviest thing in the room and throw it at them. And I hope the heaviest thing in your room is a dog.
    You need to find the heaviest thing in the room and throw it at them. And I hope the heaviest thing in your room is a dog.
    I feel like a wolverine would be a better animal to throw, but I unfortunately do not have access to either.
    Please remove these people from the gene pool.
  • I seem to be developing middle-of-the night insomnia, probably due to stress. It is six AM here, and I got two hours of sleep.

Fuck my life.
  • I seem to be developing middle-of-the night insomnia, probably due to stress. It is six AM here, and I got two hours of sleep.

Fuck my life.
    At least you have time to try to sleep, my sleep during the middle of the week is generally the two hours where I fall asleep on top of my reading.
  • edited April 2011
    Oh, you'll get yours. I'll end up spending four years sleeping on ER gurneys during my residency, averaging under two hours nightly.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Oh, you'll get yours. I'll end up spending four years sleeping on ER gurneys during my residency, averaging under two hours nightly.
    And I bet those claws of yours don't make comfy pillows either.
    HEY. I'll watch ANYTHING you suggest. Never have I gotten up and left. That's how I've been subjected to Cars and Black Dynamite and still haven't seen one of the Indiana Jones movies, the Prestige, the Matrix, and a few other things that slip my mind... despite asking on several occasions.
    HEY. I'll watch ANYTHING you suggest. Never have I gotten up and left. That's how I've been subjected to Cars and Black Dynamite and still haven't seen one of the Indiana Jones movies, the Prestige, the Matrix, and a few other things that slip my mind... despite asking on several occasions.
    I think Ryan is just jealous because he doesn't know how to do the Safety Dance.

I like Bio Dome. It's not great, but it's fun to watch every now and then.
  • edited April 2011
    Black Dynamite
    My Mama said my Daddy’s name is Black Dynamite.

So did my Mama.

Uh, hush up little girls, lotta cats have that name.
    still haven't seen one of the Indiana Jones movies, the Prestige, the Matrix, and a few other things that slip my mind
    Are you not able to watch them on your own?
    Post edited by ninjarabbi on
  • edited April 2011
    Posted By: Rochelle
    My friends want to watch Bio Dome instead of Death Race or Doomsday. I think I need new friends.
    I think Ryan is just jealous because he doesn't know how to do the Safety Dance.
    FTFY.
    D'aww just kidding, you're the best Ryan. You AND your terrible dorky dancing.
    Really I was just teasing back because everyone made it sounds like he needs all new friends when I'm pretty cooperative, movie-wise. I'll sit there and watch whatever he puts in the TV, pretty much, even if he suggests it and I look him right in the eyes and say "I have no interest whatsoever".
    Are you not able to watch them on your own?
    I don't own them, I don't have a car. Ryan owns all of the above mentioned things, and I used to live in the same building as him and would ask to see these movies consistently. I'm really just teasing that he's whining about people not wanting to take his suggestions and wanting to watch "bad" movies instead of what he deems good.
    Post edited by Anrild on
  • Your implication there is that Black Dynamite is something one is subjected too, instead of a cinematic masterpiece.
  • I think Ryan is just jealous because he doesn't know how to do the Safety Dance. I like Bio Dome. It's not great, but it's fun to watch every now and then.
    I don't find Bio Dome to be funny in the slightest. In fact, I find it to be incredibly annoying.
  • Why do I seem to be the only person who wants firmer suspension that isn't lower than stock ride height. Lowering a car by an 1.5-2.0 inches royally fucks the suspension geometry.
    YES. A MILLION TIMES YES.
  • No new Castle till May 2nd. FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
  • edited April 2011
    Today, a professor of woman's studies lectured to our history and technology class on how gender stereotypes can render certain technologies sexist. On of her examples was "Extra Virgin Olive Oil," a technology she claimed was being sold with the "sexist association of the virginal teenage moment in the young girl." Never mind the fact that virginal can also mean "pristine or unsullied" according to Merriam-Webster, or that men can be virgins just as much as women can--making her conclusion sexist in the extreme. Also, never mind that sexual virginity is an outdated construct of the human imagination to begin with, and that there's no way to verify it.

I was furious.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • old with the "sexist association of the virginal teenage moment in the young girl." Never mind the fact that virginal can also mean "pristine or unsullied" according to Merriam-Webster, or that men can be virgins just as much as women can--making her conclusion sexist in the extreme. Also, never mind that sexual virginity is an outdated construct of the human imagination to begin with, and that there's no way to verify it.

I was furious.
    Did you say something? Cause you know professors love to be corrected! :P
  • Did you say something? Cause you know professors love to be corrected! :P
    I asked if she was serious. She explained that she was, and explained her views after pointing out that "virgin" doesn't stem from a latin word for purity as I thought. I didn't push the issue, I just quietly tolerated the crazy. It's not like she's grading me, anyway.
  • I hate it when professors have no idea what they are talking about. Had a few of those in college, one sticks out in my mind. Let me set the scene:
    Simple cabling class.
    I was always almost drunk. (Due to the bar in the same parking lot(one word?))
    Would come and sit in the back of the class half-asleep every night.

Ok now that you get the scened. Occasionally he would say something so absolutely wrong and stupid I would sober up (if only for a minute) and tell him he was wrong. Instead of challenging me and explaining himself, or doing research online or something intelligent. He would just pause, get this "deer in the headlights" look, then shake and say "Oh, yea. You're probably right."

He would then continue on and I would continue with my nap.

Pisses me off to this day... >.<
  • I asked if she was serious. She explained that she was, and explained her views after pointing out that "virgin" doesn't stem from a latin word for purity as I thought. I didn't push the issue, I just quietly tolerated the crazy. It's not like she's grading me, anyway.
    She is correct in the sense that the other modern use for virgin, as in a blank slate, unsullied, first-timer, so on, sprang from the original meaning of sexually inexperienced, however, since language evolves as you know, the former is as valid as the latter. As for the rest, Jesus, that is some high-proof bullshit right there.
  • I was just crying. Really really hard. So I went over my friends tonight and brought my copy of Portal 2. I also brought my memory stick which had my gamertag, and my saves from Portal. We had tons of fun doing the co-op. Then I left. I got home and plugged in my stick. IT WAS EMPTY!!!! I frantically called my friend. He didn't have any of my stuff on his HD. I checked my Raptr, I had indeed played my tag at his house. At this point I was like "Its going to be OK. Just recover the tag" Well I tried. I could not remember what windows ID was attached to the tag. See the tag used to be shared between my brothers and myself. We each at one point had switched the tag to our own emails for whoever made the last payment. I tried 5 emails before I started to get worried.. (my brothers had a ton of email accounts for some reason. Stupid ones at that) I had to try a lot of passwords too. I had to guess at what they had as their passwords or reset them (and beg them to give me a list of the old emails too). So I had to try hotmail and yahoo and gmail to get the right password before I could try recovering the gamertag. So after about 1.5-2 hours and 5 emails I started to get worried. After 10 emails I decided to check online about how to find your windows live id. Well it turns out that Xbox will not give you the windows id attached to the Gamertag. They have no way of identifying who you are on the phone and wont give out that info. So at this point the tears started... I cried. HARD!!!! I kept trying and trying. I needed to get my account back. Finally after 3 and a half hours I figured it out. I was the happiest little boy in the world. I could not believe my luck. So now I have my id and password on my HD and two memory sticks and wrote it down and tapped to the underside of my Xbox. It all worked out in the end but I cried over something as stupid as my xbox account.
  • edited April 2011
    Elisabeth Sladen passes away after long fight with cancer.She was The Doctor's companion during the late 60's/early 70's and had several cameos in the new series as well as a spin off show.
    Post edited by GreatTeacherMacRoss on
  • Elisabeth Sladen passes away after long fight with cancer.She was The Doctor's companion during the late 60's/early 70's and had several cameos in the new series as well as a spin off show.
    It'd kinda weird. I just saw "School Reunion" the other day. Sarah Jane is pretty badass.
  • That really surprises me. I had no idea she had cancer. She had always looked healthy to me. I has a sad :(

My fail: procrastination yet again caused me to stay up all night to do homework and still not finish it all. Looks like I'll be needing some caffeine pills for the day.
  • Just realized that today is my mother's birthday. -___-

I don't really have a present, but I'm in the process of making her a shawl.
  • Just realized that today is my mother's birthday. -___-

I don't really have a present, but I'm in the process of making her a shawl.
    Ouch....good luck with that
  • edited April 2011
    Ouch....good luck with that
    Naw it's all good. My dad is bringing her really nice cakes from the asian bakery. She'll be too busy with her job to really notice. Plus we're taking her out this weekend.

My mom knows I'm not big on birthdays. I just can't believe I totally forgot until today.

I blame Minecraft.
    Post edited by Rochelle on

• I blame Minecraft.
    It is the devil I have heard, never played it though. :P