This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• That is awesome.
    Weren't you the one who originally informed the forum about Lazarus? :P
  • New person on our project team is very conservative and is making me rage. >_<
  • New person on our project team is very conservative and is making me rage. >_<</p>
    You should go the Colbert route and try to one up him conservatively. Bonus points for doing it in front of your co-workers and make him look like an ass.
  • You should go the Colbert route and try to one up him conservatively. Bonus points for doing it in front of your co-workers and make him look like an ass.
    This.
  • You should go the Colbert route and try to one up him conservatively. Bonus points for doing it in front of your co-workers and make him look like an ass.
    This.
    Video it.
  • edited October 2011
    You should go the Colbert route and try to one up him conservatively. Bonus points for doing it in front of your co-workers and make him look like an ass.
    This.
    Video it.
    Just be like
    "So I noticed you're conservative. Wanna fill out this KKK application with me? It'll only take a minute."
    Post edited by Axel on
  • If you're using Firefox for your browser and don't have Lazarus already, now is the time.

Edit: You also have no excuse for Chrome either.
    I used to use Lazarus. For some reason I kept getting errors from it on certain sites; it was preventing them from loading and/or working properly. I uninstalled it and now things work fine... Sooo yeah. That is my excuse. :P
  • "So I noticed you're conservative. Wanna fill out this KKK application with me? It'll only take a minute."
    Yup, still need to work on the joke department.
  • "So I noticed you're conservative. Wanna fill out this KKK application with me? It'll only take a minute."
    It's not my fault you tried to make a forever alone joke when I actually am not, and need to find other things about me to criticize.
  • I'm sorry :(
  • George, you need to corrupt this man.

With your penis.
  • That's actually basically what I imagined you to look like. Just with some college degree in something cool, like Computer Science or whatever.
    It's not my fault you tried to make a forever alone joke when I actually am not, and need to find other things about me to criticize.
    Both of you are dumb and have ruined the joke. Batman doesn't think that's cool.

• something cool, like Computer Science
    lol
  • Sorry, Batman. I'll try harder next time.
  • Just with some college degree in something cool, like Computer Science
    My job will one day consist of reassembling people to make them work properly again. With knives, thread, and fucking radiation.

Fuck Batman, you best be worried about the whole Justice League.
  • If you're using Firefox for your browser and don't have Lazarus already, now is the time.

Edit: You also have no excuse for Chrome either.
    School computer.
  • Forgot the two cardinal rules of the internet.

1. Don't poke the crazies.
    2. If you don't know this person he/she is probably a crazy hippie raw milk drinking conspiracy theorist!
  • edited October 2011
    I was in the library last night studying and overheard a couple of bros talking in Internet while exchanging workout tips.
    Post edited by Ruffas on
  • I was in the library last night studying and overheard a couple of bros talking in Internet while exchanging workout tips.
    I, for one, would like to know what this sounded like. Was it hilarious, or just sad?
  • I was in the library last night studying and overheard a couple of bros talking in Internet while exchanging workout tips.
    I, for one, would like to know what this sounded like. Was it hilarious, or just sad?
    "I was doing some leet squatz when my bro dropped his freeweight on his foot. Total fail, I lawled."
  • My brain hurts now.
  • edited October 2011
    I was in the library last night studying and overheard a couple of bros talking in Internet while exchanging workout tips.
    "I was doing some leet squatz when my bro dropped his freeweight on his foot. Total fail, I lawled."
    What they were actually saying was cringe-worthy. Like actually saying LMFAO and LOL out loud. That's not a thing you're allowed to do.
    Post edited by Ruffas on
  • edited October 2011
    Ugh. Some people don't know how to manage SVN repositories corporate IT in general. I just checked out a branch of the software I'm working on (at work), and noticed it was 3 GIGABYTES. After approx. 79 minutes of downloading, this happened:
    The smug "Finished!" was just icing on the cake.

EDIT: Also, I can ping the server fine (it's 82ms away). IT DEPT, Y U NO WERK RITE?
    Post edited by YoshoKatana on
  • noticed it was 3 GIGABYTES
    Our SVN is pretty heavy because of all the game art assets and stuff.
  • Ours is about 2 Gigs, and this is a fresh repository, a month old at most.
  • Our repository is still under 600MB and the project is almost three years old. Hooray for text files!
  • 1.34 megs, 27 megs, 480 megs, and then 100 gigs...
  • We have very few assets, but WAY TOO MUCH Java and Javascript. I've been working for a few months trying to cut it down (old, shitty code...everywhere!), and am still trying to push for a total rewrite of the software.

Today I asked my IT contact what I should do about the SVN server, and they suggested trying to checkout each folder in the branch separately. :-/