This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• Conclusion we can draw from this evidence: There are dumb kids that say dumb things.
  • Wow...I guess my high school is smarter than most...No one says stupid shit like that.
  • I remember one girl in my high school saying "Tokyo is in Paris, right?" a few years back.
  • I remember one girl in my high school saying "Tokyo is in Paris, right?" a few years back.
    There's a Disneyland in both of them. At least there's a mental path for her stupidity.
  • Wow...I guess my high school is smarter than most...No one says stupid shit like that.
    No, we just never spent any time talking to those people. Hooray for the unofficial segregation of AP students.
    No, we just never spent any time talking to those people. Hooray for the unofficial segregation of AP students.
    Yeah, probably happened with me, too. I'm certain there were dumb kids at my school, but I only associated with smart people. As it should be.

• My favorite dumb line from high school was when this middle-aged woman came up to some of my classmates, asking if they had seen a golden retriever pass by. One of the girls asked, "What color is it?"

I'm just glad that she got hell for that the rest of high school.
  • My favorite dumb quote from school is actually from my middle school art teacher who insisted that there were 52 states because "you're forgetting about Alaska and Hawaii."
  • I went to a school for smart people the last 2 years of high school. (NC School of Science and Math) I hardly remember anything anyone said from my old high school before that. I am sure there was dumb shit said at NCSSM, but it was more along the lines of "LOL, let's see what happens when we mix all of these things together in a sealed container!"
  • Note: never mix a bunch of things together in a sealed container. Mix them in an open container under a fume hood.

(and don't forget to turn the fume hood on)
    It's funny how there were still stupid people in the AP classes too, they were just stupid in the annoying teenage girl who wants to be popular way, not the dumb as bricks stupid.

• I definitely had AP and Honors classes with dumb as bricks kids.
  • At my school, it's a good idea not to take APs because they're mostly/only taken by drones who just want to have it on their college resumes, while the cool smart kids are in the regular classes. Mind you, I go to an exam school in one of the most educated cities in the country, so things are a little bit different.
  • No college credit for regular classes, bro. I went into college 12 credits ahead of everyone else and with no language requirement.
  • I'll be entering college with some credits already, but when/how is tangled up in more bullshit than anyone should be subjected to.
  • I took most of the "AP" classes in my high school, but if I could go back I would take the easiest shit I could. I didn't learn anything in them, and my school didn't actually give us any AP credits for them even though they said they were college level.
  • Note: never mix a bunch of things together in a sealed container. Mix them in an open container under a fume hood.

Unless the point is to make something that explodes. Which I believe was the point.
  • Teacher to a tour guide during a cave trip: "How many undiscovered caves are there in this area?"

Unless the point is to make something that explodes. Which I believe was the point.
    I suppose, but you can still get explosions with an open container, just less-dangerous ones.
    At my school, it's a good idea not to take APs because they're mostly/only taken by drones who just want to have it on their college resumes, while the cool smart kids are in the regular classes. Mind you, I go to an exam school in one of the most educated cities in the country, so things are a little bit different.
    At my school, the APs were the only interesting/challenging classes. Which is why, had I gone to a school other than Columbia, I would be entering with 35-50 credits worth of APs.
  • I had 40 credits worth of AP classes when I came to RIT. That put me a full year ahead.

I don't regret taking my AP classes.
  • I had 0. IDGAF
  • I had 0. IDGAF
  • That's fine. I just enjoy the fact that I have to pay for a year less of schooling, especially considering we're having trouble paying for school now anyways. A year less of financial troubles will be good for everyone.
  • I had 0. IDGAF
    I had 0 because my school didn't offer AP classes.

• My school only had two courses that were AP qualified, English Lit and Bio. Aced English Lit, never took Bio because it was all dissection, which was my least favorite part of the sciences. We know what is inside a frog, now I want to move on with my life and learn about electrons and other zoomy things. I loved physics. I was the clean science. Bio and Chem had dead things and stinky acids, both of which I am afraid of and hate. If they had AP physics, I would have loved to take it.
  • First experience with paintball. I was on the receiving end of a 100m/s sphere to the nipple. The resultant swelling resembles a new pectoral atop the pectoral (yo dawg).

Good fun though. Although the impact sting drops my rating of paintball to just short of an 'S' rank, I can see myself make a reappearance.
  • I was the clean science. Bio and Chem had dead things and stinky acids, both of which I am afraid of and hate.
    Clean science is boring science. The best parts of physics are the nasty bits where invisible waves annihilate soft tissue and little explosions generate enough energy to power a city for years. The best parts of bio are beasties that turn your guts to goo, or eat poop and turn it into psychedelic drugs. Chem can be clean, but who doesn't want to play with something that can instantly burn through a foot of LDPE?

• eat poop and turn it into psychedelic drugs.
  • What's the beasty that eats poop and turns it into drugs? This seems like a fun tidbit to save in my mental encyclopedia.