This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• Federal fuck-me-in-the-ass prison?
    Until deported. Unless deportation happens first, I'm not really sure on the order of these things.
    Until deported. Unless deportation happens first, I'm not really sure on the order of these things.
    Shit, are his parents here illegally?
  • Nope, his parents are in his country and he was here quite legally to study English.
  • Did he commit some sort of federal offense?
  • People can do shit that renders a visa void. It's not an unlimited do-whatever-you-want card.

Ruffas, this is quite possibly something you shouldn't be discussing because of privacy issues. If you can't give the whole story you might want to stop teasing people because you know we're all busybodies. :P
  • Is the offense larger than a breadbox?
  • edited June 2012
    That's as much as I'll say because of, as Nuri said, privacy.
    Post edited by Ruffas on
  • Is the offense larger than a breadbox?
    Smaller than New Jersey?
  • Good. One less ferner stealin jerbs.
  • How is that a fail? That is fucking hilarious! ^_^
  • That's really funny.
  • Found the Youtube video where it came from:

• My allergies are giving me a sinus headache. That's messing with the vision in right eye...
  • Left the UK without getting to Leeds to see Omnu, or wherever the hell Amp lives to see him. I made it to London to hang with ElJoe0, but dude was sick and couldn't come out.

It's bewildering how long I was there and how I still didn't have time to see everything and meet everyone. Next time, bros.
    You didn't miss much in Leeds but awesome people and lots of great pubs. Unless you like weapons, in which case we have the Royal Armouries, which is pretty awesome for that sort of thing. We are also are near York, the best tourist place in the UK (fuck London)
  • I might be hitting up leads for dissertation work so I might look you up.
  • Left the UK without getting to Leeds to see Omnu, or wherever the hell Amp lives to see him. I made it to London to hang with ElJoe0, but dude was sick and couldn't come out.

It's bewildering how long I was there and how I still didn't have time to see everything and meet everyone. Next time, bros.
    You didn't miss much in Leeds but awesome people and lots of great pubs. Unless you like weapons, in which case we have the Royal Armouries, which is pretty awesome for that sort of thing. We are also are near York, the best tourist place in the UK (fuck London)
    That's what I've been saying all along. Oh, not the first bit - though I do LOVE the armories - just the Fuck London bit.

• The musuems in London are great and free but the city itself is vastly overated.
    I assume you meant Leeds and auto correct didn't like it.
  • Also, fucking Amazon. Every time I want to buy something, "We can't ship to this address." Well, okay, where can you ship to? Fucking nowhere, apparently, since it won't ship to any address in the city. And of course, the useless pricks have the best prices on anything worth buying.
  • Geek Fail Moment of the year: I accidentally wiped out my assets drive. Nearly 200GB of sound effects, royalty free music and videos, as well as countless creative commons stuff all gone. Explaining the how would take way too long, but let's just say that you should always verify drive letters. No way to recover it the way I fucked it up.
    Now I must rebuild. *sigh*

Fuck.
  • But it's all fine, because you just have to make a new copy from your backup hard drive.

Right?

Yesterday I kicked a hard drive while it was copying some files, and now my laptop won't see it again. I had a similar problem with the same hard drive a few months ago, and had to start over with it (I'd only copied a few folders to it at that point though). I think from now on I'm not going to use any external hard drives which don't just run on USB power. The ones that do just keep working. The ones that need their own power seem to flake out even if you just look st them funny.
  • I locked myself out when I took out the garbage.
    I assume you meant Leeds and auto correct didn't like it.
    Nope that would be some f the pain killers I'm on :P.

• But it's all fine, because you just have to make a new copy from your backup hard drive.

Right?

Yesterday I kicked a hard drive while it was copying some files, and now my laptop won't see it again. I had a similar problem with the same hard drive a few months ago, and had to start over with it (I'd only copied a few folders to it at that point though). I think from now on I'm not going to use any external hard drives which don't just run on USB power. The ones that do just keep working. The ones that need their own power seem to flake out even if you just look st them funny.
    Do you, err.. kick them frequently? ;-)

I've got two externals on wall power going strong on my desk. One's 8 years old and the other, 4. They're redundant backups, so I'm not TOO worried.
  • edited June 2012
    Buy a hard drive enclosure and rip out the hard drives inside your broken externals. You'd be surprised how frequently this works.

http://www.newegg.com/Store/SubCategory.aspx?SubCategory=92&name=External-Enclosures

Also, stop kicking your hard drives while they're copying files.
    Post edited by trogdor9 on
  • It worked for me. My little external fell off of my bed and onto the tile floor of my dorm room. The usb plug broke off insides, so I ripped it out of the enclosure and plugged it into my hard drive dock and it worked just fine.
  • Our central office just simultaneously lost their primary internet (DS3), their backup internet (cable), and ALL Verizon cell voice/data service.

I want to personally kick in the nuts the person responsible for this.