This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• Psilocybin mushrooms, especially genus Copelandia, though I think you could probably grow genus Psilocybe on a manure substrate. Not that I'd try, just that Psilocybes grow quite often in cattle pastures. Unfortunately, so do a lot of similar-looking Conocybes that contain psilocybin and death cap toxins, and that's caused more than a few cases of acute liver and kidney failure.
  • Funny enough, I'm pretty sure that in the US Psilocybin spores are actually legal to possess and you can (illegally) grow them in mason jars indoors. Not that I would recommend committing such a crime.
  • edited June 2012
    See, now I feel that I have to state that my knowledge of psychedelic mushrooms comes from reading books on mycology in general, not any practically-obtained knowledge.

Don't grow shrooms, kids.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • But if you do and you consume them I recommend avoiding mirrors if it is your first time. Just a little advice until you know how you will react.
  • I don't recommending producing any illicit substance for legal and safety reasons, but really shrooms wouldn't be the worst one to pick if you did.
  • Broke my shoulder and dislocated it! It really bloody hurts! Even the lovely strong drugs don't help, they just make me incoherent. That and im now seeing things.
  • Fuck goodbyes.
  • Fuck goodbyes.
    Yes, that's the kind of goodbye I'm encouraging you to give in the other thread.
  • 1271/2974 songs in my collection are under 192kbps and it's really starting to show with a proper sound card and having my speakers hooked up.
  • I want tickets to the US Open, and they went on sale today for people who had "liked them on Facebook". Except if you don't live in the USA or Canada. It took my about 30 minutes of frustration before working this out. Thanks, US Open organizers!
  • 'MERICA
  • The French Open final, on right now, looks like it'll be going the distance. Djokovic is in a great position to win this for a career grand slam, and it's the Olympics this year too, so it's possible to have all four majors plus an Olympic gold, all at the same time. Pretty cool!
  • So a friend dragged me to see Prometheus in IMAX 3D over the weekend. We got there, paid the premium price, waited in a gigantic line.

When we arrived, I learned this theater has one of those fake baby IMAX screens :(
  • edited June 2012
    The Rezzed thing at the top looked interesting until I looked up how much it would cost to go from Leeds to Brighton by train.
    £40 for a 250mile journey, one way.
    A ticket to the event is £20 for both days.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • edited June 2012
    Left the UK without getting to Leeds to see Omnu, or wherever the hell Amp lives to see him. I made it to London to hang with ElJoe0, but dude was sick and couldn't come out.

It's bewildering how long I was there and how I still didn't have time to see everything and meet everyone. Next time, bros.
  • If you'd have come to Berlin at the right time...
  • edited June 2012
    If you'd have come to Berlin at the right time...
    I tried! I did make it to Berlin, though, and I can understand why you live there. What a fucking amazing city. One of the few I saw in Europe that I could see myself living in.

Extra Fail: Last night my little brother used the word "slut" to describe some girls in his class (he just graduated 8th grade, WTF) and I called him out on it, saying women have a right to do and wear what they want without being denigrated for it. My dad yelled from the other room, "NO THEY DON'T. IF YOU DRESS LIKE A WHORE, YOU GET TREATED LIKE A WHORE."

It's great to be home.
  • When I read that sentence I immediately assumed your dad was joking. Which would make your last line not sarcastic. But I think I took that wrong.
  • I got 17 bug bites this weekend... on just one of my legs.

I also got one on my butt, but that's another story all together.
  • I got 17 bug bites this weekend... on just one of my legs.

I also got one on my butt, but that's another story all together.
    I could point out that you freaked out about having a project due this week and how stressed you were and then went to spend the weekend at the beach, but all things considered I think the mosquitoes are karma enough.

That, and I'm pretty sure unless "the mosquito went up my shorts" is the story, no one wants to hear the epic tale of the mosquito vs. Ryan's butt.
  • That, and I'm pretty sure unless "the mosquito went up my shorts" is the story, no one wants to hear the epic tale of the mosquito vs. Ryan's butt.
    False.
  • We know where our missing student is, but quite frankly the knowing is worse that the worrying. Last thing I would have expected from him.
  • Atlantic city strip club?
    Ew.

Ew.
    Well he did say it was worse than the worrying...
  • Left the UK without getting to Leeds to see Omnu, or wherever the hell Amp lives to see him. I made it to London to hang with ElJoe0, but dude was sick and couldn't come out.
    Its cool I meant to go down and visit you. We really should have a UK meet up at some point soon.
    Ew.
    Well he did say it was worse than the worrying...
    Worse. An actual, life-changing bad.
  • Eloping with someone, smuggling, or trying to cross the border..?