This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• I fail at sleep, I just find it way too boring. It takes 20-30 minutes unless I'm sleep deprived.
    Don't go straight from the computer to bed. Staring at a screen makes it harder to sleep, so you should read a book or listen to a podcast for a bit before trying to sleep.
  • I have trouble falling to sleep and I find that meditative exercises or simple word games help me fall asleep. Anything that involves keeping the room lit or looking at a lit screen can be a detriment to falling asleep (computing, watching tv, reading, etc.) so listening to music quietly, listening to a podcast that is not terribly interesting or an audio book that you have previously read/listened to, or white noise audio may be more conclusive to sleep.
  • listening to a podcast that is not terribly interesting
    That's what I usually do. Sometimes I just lie awake in bed for 30 minutes to an hour, unable to fall asleep. Some times I think my body is made for 28 hours a day. Even when I do a lot during the day, it still takes forever to sleep. On Saturday I do Tae Kwon Do for 3:30 hours yet I still can't fall asleep. I don't think it's insomnia, I simply am just not tired. Also there's the fact that I need 10 hours sleep to be rested, which leads to my next fail of the day:

Woke up at 6 pm. Reminds me if that Calvin and Hobbes strip where Calvin says he must be on Tokyo time.
  • Woke up at 6 pm. Reminds me if that Calvin and Hobbes strip where Calvin says he must be on Tokyo time.
  • On the 13th of August, instead of celebrating my birthday, I'll be taking an eight hour car ride to Ohio. This is somewhat similar to last year's situation, when my birthday fell on the same day that my sister moved into her dorm. On the upside I'll be able to celebrate with my extended family instead of being unable to celebrate with one of my favorite family members, but it's still pretty annoying.
  • My Windows registry got fucked today, to put it bluntly. I'm not entirely sure why, but I honestly don't care at this point.

Anyway, at least this gives me an excuse to try out Ubuntu. Let the neck-bearding begin!
  • My Windows registry got fucked today, to put it bluntly. I'm not entirely sure why, but I honestly don't care at this point.

Anyway, at least this gives me an excuse to try out Ubuntu. Let the neck-bearding begin!
    Sorry, but Ubuntu is about the least neck-beardy distro out there. If you want the full neck-beard experience, compile yourself a gentoo.
  • Yeah, gentoo will be a tough one.
  • edited August 2009
    If you aren't yet extensively familiar with Ubuntu, I wouldn't be thinking of trying Gentoo. Neck-beards might be a nice thing aspire to but, neck-stubble is where everyone starts.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • I fail at riding a bike still. I almost ran into a car. Then some people. Bikes are scary.
  • I fail at riding a bike still. I almost ran into a car. Then some people. Bikes are scary.
    Aww, yeah, I fail at bikes too. I tend to not run into stuff, though. Mostly because I'm too busy toppling over. Terrible balance is terrible.
  • I got a speeding ticket driving back to Rochester after Connecticon today. I was maybe 5 minutes from the exit for Rochester too, and its my first ticket. Also because I have a NJ licence, NJ is nicely going to automatically give me 2 points for an out of state ticket.
    Aww, yeah, I fail at bikes too. I tend to not run into stuff, though. Mostly because I'm too busy toppling over. Terrible balance is terrible.
    Practice makes progress.
  • I got a speeding ticket driving back to Rochester after Connecticon today. I was maybe 5 minutes from the exit for Rochester too, and its my first ticket. Also because I have a NJ licence, NJ is nicely going to automatically give me 2 points for an out of state ticket.
    Ha ha, I got my first ticket ever coming back from CT-con last year. 20 over, but the cop let me go. I think he realized I was only speeding because he was tailgating me in the middle of nowhere.
  • My parents were robbed in Italy over the weekend. They were bathing at a river when all the windows on the driver's side, including the small rectangular one in the back, were busted in and they stole the papers out of the car and my stepfathers passport.
  • My parents were robbed in Italy over the weekend. They were bathing at a river when all the windows on the driver's side, including the small rectangular one in the back, were busted in and they stole the papers out of the car and my stepfathers passport.
    Good god! That's terrible! I'm sorry to hear what happened there man. I hope you find out who did this.
  • I'm getting all four of my wisdom teeth extracted on Friday, which brings my total number of teeth pulled up to 26.

• Are you going for Obama is evil or his opponents are stupid?

side note, why don't we have a health insurance thread yet?
  • edited August 2009
    I'm getting all four of my wisdom teeth extracted on Friday, which brings my total number of teeth pulled up to 26.
    26?! Holy crap, how did you have that many teeth that NEEDED to be pulled? Did they yank out half of your baby teeth or something?
    I've had 8 pulled, I thought THAT was a lot. Mercy.
    Post edited by Anrild on
  • 26?! Holy crap, how did you have that many teeth that NEEDED to be pulled? Did they yank out half of your baby teeth or something?
    All of them. Most of my baby teeth wouldn't come out naturally, so they were pulled. When I had braces, 4 more had to be removed because my mouth couldn't accommodate all of them.
  • You should know which way Mr. Joe leans...he is one of the stupid opponents.
  • 26?! Holy crap, how did you have that many teeth that NEEDED to be pulled? Did they yank out half of your baby teeth or something?
    All of them. Most of my baby teeth wouldn't come out naturally, so they were pulled. When I had braces, 4 more had to be removed because my mouth couldn't accommodate all of them.
    I was the same way. I'm actually missing a molar, a premolar, and one of my bottom canines because of those stupid braces.

It is obvious that The Tick is very much against eliminating employer provided insurance plans. However, Obama has repeatedly said that he is willing to COMPROMISE his ideal to achieve an option that would allow the uninsured and the under-insured access to health insurance.

It is obvious that The Tick is very much against eliminating employer provided insurance plans. However, Obama has repeatedly said that he is willing to COMPROMISE his ideal to achieve an option that would allow the uninsured and the under-insured access to health insurance.
    That may be so but so far the words coming out of his mouth do not match the legislation being proposed.
  • @ The Tick: If you want to continue this in another thread, then make it. I won 't gum up this thread with an health insurance/political argument.
  • @ The Tick: If you want to continue this in another thread, then make it. I won 't gum up this thread with an health insurance/political argument.
    I'd make the thread, but I'm on perpetual probation.
  • I really need to get Rym to remove that. You aren't offensive grammatically.
  • I really need to get Rym to remove that. You aren't offensive grammatically.
    Is it just me, or did that sound like a back-handed complement?
  • It wasn't meant as one...*sweatdrop*