This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• I was going to go with "your mom," but that one made me laugh.
    I would have said Eli Wallach or Tuco.
  • edited August 2009
    Tuco's the Ugly.
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • GeoGeo
    edited August 2009
    Wow, Yupa, who pissed in your cheerios today?
    I was real cranky cause I woke up real early from a migraine so I didn't exactly get the night's sleep. I'm better now, cause I had a work day where I didn't need to do much at all today so I got a little shut-eye.

Edit: Also my manga-related Thing of the Day, really made me happy and I am still beaming from it, cause I bought like three volumes of Phoenix and Volume 1 of Nextworld.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • My dog is shaking and can't walk. I don't know how much longer she has.
    Did you call a veterinarian or a doctor?!
  • edited August 2009
    I locked myself out of my apartment for 5 hours today without having eaten anything for breakfast or lunch. I had only my phone, but no phone numbers of people to call to gain entry to my apartment. I could only wait for the house-sitter to get here (because my landlords are on vacation) while drinking water from a hose spigot to keep hydrated.

My day was fun.
    Post edited by Nuri on
  • I locked myself out of my apartment for 5 hours today without having eaten anything for breakfast or lunch. I had only my phone, but no phone numbers of people to call to gain entry to my apartment. I could only wait for the house-sitter to get here because my landlords are on vacation while drinking water from a hose spigot to keep hydrated.

My day was fun.
    Damn.....that really sucks Nuri, talk about terrible luck. Well it's good that you are finally back inside.
  • edited August 2009
    My dog is shaking and can't walk. I don't know how much longer she has.
    So sorry to hear that dude, hope its something treatable.
    I locked myself out of my apartment for 5 hours today without having eaten anything for breakfast or lunch. I had only my phone, but no phone numbers of people to call to gain entry to my apartment. I could only wait for the house-sitter to get here because my landlords are on vacation while drinking water from a hose spigot to keep hydrated.

My day was fun.
    That's why everyone should learn how to pick a lock, it's fairly simple.
    Post edited by MrRoboto on
    So sorry to hear that dude, hope its something treatable.
    I locked myself out of my apartment for 5 hours today without having eaten anything for breakfast or lunch. I had only my phone, but no phone numbers of people to call to gain entry to my apartment. I could only wait for the house-sitter to get here because my landlords are on vacation while drinking water from a hose spigot to keep hydrated.

My day was fun.
    That's why everyone should learn how to pick a lock, it's fairly simple.
    I hope it is treatable too...

Yes people should learn how to pick locks just in case it is needed, the problem is there are many types of locks that are varied and need to be picked in certain ways, but I'm sure you can easily learn how on the internet or something.
  • edited August 2009
    Oh yeah, sure. It's totally easy when you have no tools but your hands. */sarcasm* See, picking a lock is easy if you have things that can be used as the needed tools. If you don't, then knowing how to turn the tumbler without a key is academic.

I had nothing on me with which to pick the lock. I could have jimmied it with a credit card trivially, but my wallet was inside. I was not about to break my iPhone case in order to get inside. I also didn't have anywhere I had to be, and I knew that:

a) Someone would be home in a few hours.
    b) There was a key to the door inside a cabinet in the place they would be house-sitting.
    Post edited by Nuri on
  • edited August 2009
    Instead of the key under the doormat you could hide a paperclip and a screwdriver.
    Post edited by Walker on
  • Or I could just make a duplicate key and hide it in the yard. It's a big yard.

I just moved, so I haven't had time to do this stuff. Otherwise it wouldn't be an issue. The main problem is that the door handle is once of those silly fire safety ones that turns and lets you out even if it's locked, so you don't realize it's locked until you close it behind you and go "Oh shit."
  • edited August 2009
    That's fail. I'm lucky in that my apartment only has a dead bolt, no lock on the knob.
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • edited August 2009
    The main problem is that the door handle is once of those silly fire safety ones that turns and lets you out even if it's locked, so you don't realize it's locked until you close it behind you and go "Oh shit."
    Ha, I know exactly what you're talking about. We have a separate building for all of our cheese making and goat milking equipment, and all of the doors have those. It's always aggravating to go in there for a bucket or some such, and then realize that you still need the key you left sitting inside. We do have lots of duplicates, but even if I wanted to I would not be able to open it with the torque wrench/pick method; the lock is sideways and the pins won't fall back down as a result of that.
    Post edited by Walker on
  • Ms. Ginger Snap Duffy passed away this evening of August 4th, 2009. She was eleven years old.

(Pic taken earlier this year)
  • Ms. Ginger Snap Duffy passed away this evening of August 4th, 2009. She was eleven years old.

(Pic taken earlier this year)
    I am very, very sorry to hear about this horrible tragedy Sail. My heart goes out to you and may your beloved dog rest in peace.
  • Man, that's really sad, Sail. I give you my condolences.
  • My condolences, Sail.
  • Oh, Sail, I am so, so sorry. My condolences. What a sweet little pup.
  • :(

11 years is a lot of joy to get out of a dog, though. At least you have that.
  • I'm sorry to hear about your dog. It's really sad when a pet passes away.
  • Really, really sorry, man.
  • Awww, sorry to hear that, Sail. The last days are the hardest.
  • Thank you, everyone. Yesterday was a very draining day.
  • Sorry to hear about your dog, Sail. I remember when my first cat passed away. It's tough...
  • edited August 2009
    I'm sorry Sail. I've had a very similar experience over the weekend. I'm still too drained to discuss it.

All I can say right now is that I am very angry at a couple of local vets.

Finally, have you seen the news about a flood in Louisville, KY? That's our old hometown. Specifically, the flood is in our old neighborhood - where we still own a house. It's fun worrying about flood damage when you're about six hundred miles away and can't easily go see for yourself what's been damaged.
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • My condolences Sail. I hope she rests in peace.
  • Sail and Joe:

My condolences. Losing a pet hurts. I wish you both the best as you hang in there.
  • Never drive a Smartcar:
  • edited August 2009
    Jesus fucking christ.

EDIT: Although, is any car really safe when getting rear-ended by a large vehicle like that?
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on