This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• edited October 2012
    No one ever warned me that nicotine withdrawal is just a less-severe but still entirely debilitating form of heroin withdrawal. I keep waking up sweaty with debilitating nausea and this sort of hypercapnic-panic cigarette craving. I can understand why my dad smokes a cigarette right before bed, now.

Fuck everything about this.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • I've read in several places that after the first week or so, the withdrawal symptoms are entirely psychological. Stay strong. ;^)
  • Man, this is just the withdrawal from not being able to smoke while I'm sleeping. Hesitate to think that this gets worse...
  • edited October 2012
    Both my parents quit smoking during their lives. My dad recommends a substitution habit until the withdraw slackens; he says he used to chew gum, and if his hands got restless, doodle on a notepad for the first couple of weeks.
    Post edited by open_sketchbook on
  • Well done, Lifehacker.
  • No one ever warned me that nicotine withdrawal is just a less-severe but still entirely debilitating form of heroin withdrawal. I keep waking up sweaty with debilitating nausea and this sort of hypercapnic-panic cigarette craving. I can understand why my dad smokes a cigarette right before bed, now.

If your posts are at all true, you've been smoking a lot lately. You did this to yourself. Stay strong, you'll survive and remember not to do this again. ~_^
  • edited October 2012
    No one ever warned me that nicotine withdrawal is just a less-severe but still entirely debilitating form of heroin withdrawal. I keep waking up sweaty with debilitating nausea and this sort of hypercapnic-panic cigarette craving. I can understand why my dad smokes a cigarette right before bed, now.

If your posts are at all true, you've been smoking a lot lately. You did this to yourself. Stay strong, you'll survive and remember not to do this again. ~_^
    Trying to only have four cigarettes today, but the craving is SO intense.

Sexy girls having me smoke half a pack, what's the kid gonna do?
  • False. There's no such thing as a sexy girl who smokes.
  • No one ever warned me that nicotine withdrawal is just a less-severe but still entirely debilitating form of heroin withdrawal. I keep waking up sweaty with debilitating nausea and this sort of hypercapnic-panic cigarette craving. I can understand why my dad smokes a cigarette right before bed, now.

Trying to only have four cigarettes today, but the craving is SO intense.

Sexy girls having me smoke half a pack, what's the kid gonna do?
    Only four, holy hell. Good luck man.
  • edited October 2012
    I hate it when I look at a fresh pack and realize I've smoked half of it that day. That shit gets away from you. Usually I try to keep it at two a day.
    False. There's no such thing as a sexy girl who smokes.
    no YOU'RE wrong.
    Post edited by Walker on
    no YOU'RE wrong.
    100% wrong, in fact. I have kissed a girl after smoking a cigarette with her, and I can confirm that:

1) It was delightful.
    2) She didn't taste of ash (but I smoke good cigarettes).
    3) She's effortlessly sexy, and maybe even sexier when she's smoking.

• I'm indifferent to girls smoking.
  • Kissing a smoker with your own smoking-deadened mouth is not compelling evidence.

Sorry Churba, but the cigarette might as well be a dick on her forehead. It's a dealbreaker for me in any context.
  • edited October 2012
    Kissing a smoker with your own smoking-deadened mouth is not compelling evidence.

Sorry Churba, but the cigarette might as well be a dick on her forehead. It's a dealbreaker for me in any context.
    Emphasis mine. That's what you should have said from the start. Then again, if I get an excuse to post pictures of Hedy Lamarr, I'm not complaining. Much.

Post edited by Churba on
  • Kissing a smoker with your own smoking-deadened mouth is not compelling evidence.

I'm gonna have to agree with Churba on this one. I cant stand the smell of cigarettes, but I've had a dalliance or two with ladies who smoked without it being unpleasent.

It might be a dealbreaker for a long term relationship, but it's not a reason not to "play house" so to speak.

• edited October 2012
    I should mention that said girl is only a social (drunk?) smoker, so if we get together I'll have to quit anyway.

EDIT: It is 11am, I have smoked three cigarettes, and this goal feels kind of feasible.
  • I bought an iPad 3 two weeks ago, assuming that they wouldn't release a new full-sized iPad until the spring. The iPad 4 (full sized) was just announced today in addition to the mini. Grr...
  • I bought an iPad 3 two weeks ago, assuming that they wouldn't release a new full-sized iPad until the spring. The iPad 4 (full sized) was just announced today in addition to the mini. Grr...
    I bought the 1st gen Mini two weeks before they lowered the price $100 and doubled the RAM and hard drive capacity.
  • On the bright side, the iPad mini looks like crap for the price, so I don't regret not buying that.
  • I can't any info on an ipad 4 other than they announced it.
  • And no fucks were given.
  • edited October 2012
    Bad at looking for/at what?
    I can't any info on an ipad 4 other than they announced it.
    Post edited by trogdor9 on
  • i searched "ipad 4" :(

I wonder if there will be a new ipad every year for the next several years.
  • At this rate, there'll be a new one every seven months.
  • edited October 2012
    well if you get it day one then you can use it for seven months until its time to buy the new one.
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • Well, apparently the iPad 2 is still kicking, so I still have a better tablet than that. Still, 2 weeks... Argh...
  • It isn't an iPad 4, it's a fourth generation iPad. This is why they wanted to get away from the numbers on the products, so they can update them whenever they want, just like the MacBooks, MacBook Pros, MacBook Airs, iPods, iMacs and more. I think small updates every six months rather than revolutionary updates every year is a better way to go.

Personally I don't see myself buying any new devices. I have iPod Nano, iPhone and MacBook Pro, and I can't see myself carrying around anything else.