This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• Why not just get Creative Cloud? It's so much cheaper, especially if you're a student.
    I am actually getting this set through a college discount that cuts 1000 dollars off of the price, so I wanted to take advantage of that.

• I had to shave and now my face is cold. :(
  • Wear a scarf you pencil-dicked pansy.
  • Grow it back you poor fellow.
  • Forgot to put this here. So a couple of days ago latin singer Jenni Rivera died in a plane crash. One local newspaper reported on it, and also had a small info column on the side about other musicians which died in plane crashes. Of course, it included The Day the Music Died where they identified that Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens and, I quote, "The Big Stopper" lost their lives. Ugh.
  • My company decided to steal 1.75 vacation days from us next year.

• What's really weird about it is that we get them back in the following year, they're just shanking us while we transition to the Federal holiday calendar.
  • Pfft, my company took 3 days from me next year
    The latest contract took away our annual raises. No cost-of-living adjustments. If you're progressing through your pay grade, you'll still get steps. If you're at the job rate? 5 years of wage stagnation.

The latest contract took away our annual raises. No cost-of-living adjustments. If you're progressing through your pay grade, you'll still get steps. If you're at the job rate? 5 years of wage stagnation.

Goddamn unions killing our jobs.
  • It's been that way for us for since 2010. Looks to be the same for the upcoming year.
  • 1) Quit
    2) Put human shit in their mailbox. Y'know, FOR THE LULZ.
  • edited December 2012
    I have never had a raise in any job I have ever had because there is never 'enough money'.
    Post edited by GreatTeacherMacRoss on
  • Can't get my oil filter off. Need a filter wrench.
  • Hit a fething deer on the way back from the hobbit. A whole bunch of the guys from the office cant get one with a battalion's worth of firepower and I, one of the only non-hunters there, manage to clip Bambi's mom with my Saturn.

Check it. Good tip.

It's super messy, but works.
    Check it. Good tip.

It's super messy, but works.
    I may try that. Thanks.
  • edited December 2012
    Hit a fething deer on the way back from the hobbit. A whole bunch of the guys from the office cant get one with a battalion's worth of firepower and I, one of the only non-hunters there, manage to clip Bambi's mom with my Saturn.
    Well, in all fairness, your car has rockets in its heritage.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • edited December 2012
    Hit a fething deer on the way back from the hobbit.
    Clearly, that deer did not want to live forever. Either that, or it couldn't retreat upon threat of summary execution.

Post edited by Churba on
  • Cookie cutter opinions.

Goddamn unions killing our jobs.
    Yeah, it's interesting that in this particular case, many more jobs would have been cut without the union. Without a single governing body, state workers would never have all agreed to this kind of pay cut on their own, and the state would have had no choice but to lay off a bunch of people because they couldn't pay them all.

When governments have X dollars, they can only pay so much money for employees. They can either lay off more people and pay the remaining employees more, or they can keep most of the employees and pay them all less. The union chose to compromise instead of taking a hard line.

(As opposed to Hostess, where the workers had already gone as low as they could and the company was still trying to lower their compensation. There comes a point where you cannot live on what they are trying to pay you, so you just flat out refuse to take the offer. That's the free market working to put insolvent companies out of business.)

• Think of all those houses with trees packed with presents, but no kid to open them now.
  • Damn ROE I can't be my usual irreverent self. That tugs at my heart strings.
  • I'm thinking real hard about selling all my serious business firearms. Suddenly tactical assault rifles with high capacity magazines seem a lot less cool. >_>
  • Better to have such weapons in your responsible hands then to put them back in circulation, as far as I'm concerned.
  • It matters not, gun manufacturers are cranking out guns as fast as they can make them and still can't keep up with the current demand.
  • edited December 2012
    Better to have such weapons in your responsible hands then to put them back in circulation, as far as I'm concerned.
    Yeah that's what I was thinking. No shame in owning them if you use them responsibly, though.

Post edited by ninjarabbi on