This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• Gaming / Main machine's motherboard blew up and caught on fire. CPU was running at 30C, video cards running at well below 60C (work fine till 100C).

Sad face.
  • Churba said:

Nuke your home from orbit, it's the only way to be sure.

Maybe if I wasn't renting.
    Then you should definitely nuke, you have no real stake in the property other than your security deposit.
  • Fuck going from happy to hollow in an instant.
  • Had to pay a bunch of money because a flight reservation I made months ago was a night flight instead of morning as I intended. I don't mind paying a fee to do this when I screwed it up, but why the hell does the fee have to be almost as much as the flight itself?
  • sK0pe said:

Gaming / Main machine's motherboard blew up and caught on fire. CPU was running at 30C, video cards running at well below 60C (work fine till 100C).

Sad face.

Was actually just one of my graphics cards catching fire, will limp across and wait for Haswell-E before my next overhaul, can still use my main machine.
  • edited April 2014
    http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Is_java_a_robust?

I was about to post this to the Things of the Day thread, but I decided on this one instead.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • As well as dislocating my thumb I have messed up my back and shoulder, screwed up all the tendons in my left food and bruised it badly, have an infected right foot and have laryngitis. I've been signed off for a week yet my boss is acting like I'm slacking, this is when he lets people who "aren't having a good day" leave early. My family also act like I'm slacking off as well.
  • Slacker...

(Seriously, fuck em. Chill and relax, you need the rest.)
  • I try but its fucking with my head so bad that I think I should be at work or doing something the whole time. I can't relax any more.
  • A man killed himself by sitting in front of the train I was on with my girlfriend last night.
  • Just look at this fucking idiot.

• Neito said:

A man killed himself by sitting in front of the train I was on with my girlfriend last night.

Is she all right?
  • Churba said:

Just look at this fucking idiot.

That's some epicly terrible driving. Even if it's the car understeering badly, at some point you just need to realize it ain't gonna turn in at that speed, stop trying.
  • I think he doesn't actually know how big the car is. Not that it's a big car, but if you know the size of your car you can, at least, keep from going off track as much as he is. What a chump.
  • Funny how this was posted in two threads, and the names if those threads.
  • It's so bad it's good!
  • That was the most fun Monza I've watched in a long time.

I thought I was the only one that was watching!
  • Spent a lot of the night tossing and turning, now I feel like poop.
  • I'm nightmare prone lately. Prophetic nightmares.
  • http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/boy-scouts-wont-hire-me-summer-job-because-im-gay-n91731

I'm working at that summer camp and the person in question is my friend.

I keep on running in circles in my mind, thinking "I should do something" or whatever, but then I reach the conclusion of why should I risk anything. Then Le Mis starts going through my head.

This is what happens when you are monetarily dependent on religious institutions though.
  • MATATAT said:

My bike got stolen over the weekend :(
    [...]

I got a call from a detective on Friday. Apparently they found my bike! I'm not sure about the condition of it but they said they found it when responding to another bike theft call. Apparently the culprit stole someone else's bike and just left mine there. They're running it for prints and I should get it back later this week. P stoked.

• 13 hour day last night, 12 hour day today, going to brake 55 hours this week, ten hours more than anyone else in the shop. Feet are infected and I dislocated my thumb again. Also stood on lego.
  • The family dog died today, and no one was with her.

Fuck.
  • Allergic reaction. My forehead is swollen. I look like an alien.
  • What did you react to?
  • I discovered I was allergic to road.

In March I was moving a bounce juggling table (a massive slab of marble attached to a big bit of wood) in my cellar. I leant it up against a wall, turned my back on it, and it fell over. It hit the back of my leg. Hard. And stopped on the top of my boot, just above my ankle. A few centimeters difference could have meant a broken leg or a broken ankle.

So that was me out of action for the next three weeks, in terms of running and cycling.

By the time I visited the BJC, I was feeling just about ready to get active again. On the Monday I went out on a bike ride, on a bike I'd borrowed from my parents. I managed to get about 500m from the front gate of the convention site, if that, before skidding over at high speed on some gravel at the bottom of a steep hill and planting my face into the road.

But not just my face hit the road. Also my shoulder (not pictured), my right hip (not pictured), my left wrist (not pictured), my left knee (pictured), and my right hand (pictured). Also where the bike was trapped between my legs caused bruising on the back of my left leg (pictured) and the front of my right leg (not pictured).

I'm just about fit again now, though I still have a painful lump under my left eyebrow.

I could go into more details, but it just makes me feel stupid.

Spring Injuries: no description

• That sucks!