This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• edited August 2014
    Oh hey an info graphic about the Zoe thingy.

Post edited by Coldguy on
  • edited August 2014
    After digging out my jeweler's loupe, literally nothing on that page was even worth that much effort. It's all just nonsense, non-specific evidence-free claims, and just the usual parade of the internet hate machine trying to back up the completely fictional claims made by the howling mob of fucking maniacs they are.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • I've only got about four friends left in Boston. Two have stopped talking to me for no reason, one is constantly too anxious/depressed/whatever to hang out, and the last one works 60 hrs a week, so I can't rely on him for social interaction.

Right now, it looks like my internet friends are the only ones I have.
  • Go to some board game meetups or something. It's a good way to meet people with similar interests.
  • I have failed at my goal of doing nothing today.
  • edited September 2014
    Post edited by Daikun on
  • Racist Cop Video
    Sigh.

What in the fuck is this.
    It's so disturbing to watch.
    Is it just white Americans that have freedoms?
    Seriously I think you guys live in an undeveloped nation half the time.

• But you have clean drinking water. That makes up for it, right?
  • We also don't require employers to give paid maternity leave.
  • We also don't require employers to give paid maternity leave.

Government has no reason to subsidize making babies, we have plenty in the US thanks to restrictive abortion laws and poor education on contraceptives.
  • Worked a shitty 13 hour shift straight. Had a load of problems with a member of staff who has now left. So much stress and grief right now. Can not wait till the end of the year and I get to go on a grand seer.
  • The air conditioner was out at work today. Not that they air condition the kitchen in any case, but it robbed us of even the little circulation of air with the restaurant floor we usually have. As a result, it was a trillion degrees in there and I drank more or less my body weight in water.
  • edited September 2014
    So, doing some phone stuff, and I do a reset to sort out the battery calibration. So, I need to log into my google account, no problems. I need to verify with two factor authentication before it logs in with the phone, cool, fair enough, send the message.

Oh yeah.

My other 2FA device is my phone.

The one I'm trying to log into.

Well, dicks.

At least I kept my old iphone around and cloned the SIM cards just in case. Now I just gotta wait for it to charge enough to boot, so I can get at the message. An easily recoverable problem, but it's nice to have the occasional reminder that I'm real dumb sometimes.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • That brings to mind an old Defcon lecture.
  • Fucked up the driving test for the UPS job I really wanted. It feels pretty fucking raw right now.
  • Not sure if this is fail or thing of my day, but a (male) friend of mine went to school wearing these yesterday.
  • Tumblr would have a fit over that sentence alone.
  • Girlfriend is off in Africa for the next two months then off to Auz I have to wait four months before I get to go out an see her. It has been a week and it sucks the dicks. Like the biggest of floppy wing wongs.
  • RIT, if you're going to email me that I need to fill out a "compliance officer" form and have a club "compliance officer" within the next 52 hours, then maybe you could also tell me what that form is, or where to fill it out, or any information about "compliance officers". Or at the very least, maybe you could have some information about this on your website. Or literally anywhere.
  • RIT clubs are the worst. I have only heard bad things.
  • This is after spending $24 to print waivers, only to be told that they're actually changing to new waivers probably (they weren't even sure yet) and now they're all invalid. And all kinds of other shenanigans.
  • Axel said:

RIT clubs are the worst. I have only heard bad things.

There was a time when they were the best. We never had problems like that running RIT Anime. We could mostly do whatever we wanted and had a surprising budget.
  • I think club sports are probably worse.
  • Accelerator pump on the Caprice was being wonky today.
  • WTF, when the Android watches came out the media harped on how terrible they were because they have to be tethered to an Android phone. Apple Watch is revealed and that same criticism is not directed at Apple? Does Apple really think people will pay $350 for an iphone accessory that goes on your wrist?
  • But Apple can do no wrong! They innovate and create new and exciting features that no one has ever seen before!