This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• edited March 2015
    Post edited by ninjarabbi on
  • you mean everyone is freaking out because they didn't say no when installing the program to some additional software that is used for bitcoin mining.. lol...
  • Apparently there was no prompt for this one.
  • ThatGent said:

Apparently there was no prompt for this one.

No there is one, a lot of the tech sites are failing to do their homework apparently.
  • Well the difference is that instead of an annoying toolbar this actually makes your computer slower and could potentially damage it. This kinda feels like the Lenovo situation to me. And while I know to pay attention while installing now, a lot of people still don't.
  • Well the difference is that instead of an annoying toolbar this actually makes your computer slower and could potentially damage it. This kinda feels like the Lenovo situation to me. And while I know to pay attention while installing now, a lot of people still don't.

Not like the Lenovo situation this is present in so much software.

Instead of spam clicking OK while installing, just read what the prompts say.

Also there are toolbars which do much worse than bitcoin mine, they stay as incumbent spyware and adware.
  • sK0pe said:

Well the difference is that instead of an annoying toolbar this actually makes your computer slower and could potentially damage it. This kinda feels like the Lenovo situation to me. And while I know to pay attention while installing now, a lot of people still don't.

Not like the Lenovo situation this is present in so much software.

Instead of spam clicking OK while installing, just read what the prompts say.

Also there are toolbars which do much worse than bitcoin mine, they stay as incumbent spyware and adware.
    Exactly
  • .ninja and .menu are domains. What the fuck.
  • .ninja and .menu are domains. What the fuck.

Register frontrowcrew.ninja
  • That can be my profile url.
  • It's up for grabs on GoDaddy and is $10/mo.
  • It's up for grabs on GoDaddy

Ugh... Never mind.
  • It's up for grabs on GoDaddy and is $10/mo.

Month, or year? Domains are usually registered by the year.
  • Coulda sworn it said month.
  • Why would anyone get a domain that's not .moe?
  • Neito said:

It's up for grabs on GoDaddy and is $10/mo.

Month, or year? Domains are usually registered by the year.
    That's probably the cost of hosting, not registration.

• Blood on the Q-tip means I dun goofed, right?
  • Q-tip in your ear? like it tells you not to do?
  • Cremlian said:

Q-tip in your ear? like it tells you not to do?

Yes, exactly like it told me not to.
  • if you are not noticing any hearing loss you are probably ok..........
  • Q-tips in the ear are one of my few near orgasmic pleasures.
  • My dad is an ENT and he sticks Q-tips in his own ears. However, you probably goofed, if you perforated your ear drum it's going to take about a month to heal. Mine sounded like paper rustling when it happened to me.

Any pain in your ear canal? This was one symptom of an ear infection for me.

The unbearable pain became the second, more noticeable symptom.

• Q-tips are almost like synthetic drugs that are sold as incense "not for human consumption" but they totally know what you're really doing with them.
  • They are great for cleaning out nostrils too.

Any pain in your ear canal? This was one symptom of an ear infection for me.

The unbearable pain became the second, more noticeable symptom.

Some acute pain initially, now its a bit of an ache along the side of my jaw. There was quite a bit of blockage (tot he point of it seriously affecting my hearing) from blood and wax, but I cleared that out carefully with another q-tip. Tinnitus is worse right now, but otherwise no pain.
  • I called Nintendo on Thursday to get my account transferred to my New 3DS (lost my old one) and I still haven't gotten the email that it's gone through. This is getting ridiculous.
  • I wrote a stack class and assigned the variable integer "top" then confused the fuck out of myself when constructing it as -1 after the fact and thought I had messed up all my methods.

The simplest errors fuck up my programs rather than the more difficult stuff lol.

Also I failed to realise the easiest way to approach median problems is using a min heap and max heap and ended up trying to write a complicated custom self stabilising binary tree.
  • It appears that Otakon is going to finally mail the badges and sell them in the worst possible way outside of SDCC.