This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• My fail is that people keep using reddit and all I ever hear about it is negativity and stress.
  • My fail is that people keep using reddit and all I ever hear about it is negativity and stress.

I hear that.
  • Well I bitch about them being stupid, I don't repost all the funny shit I see there because then I'd be an annoying little fuck, wouldn't I?

Despite all the in-jokes about it being anything but, I love /r/funny, along with /r/wtf, /r/askreddit, and a few gaming subs.
  • I'm surprised you can like the major subs like that. During my last days on Reddit, I had unsubscribed to every default sub, and really only read /r/AskHistorians and a variety of music subreddits.
  • edited June 2015
    Greg said:

I'm surprised you can like the major subs like that. During my last days on Reddit, I had unsubscribed to every default sub, and really only read /r/AskHistorians and a variety of music subreddits.

The trick is not to go to the comments section, at least for the picture ones. Of course I can accept I might be a basic bitch.

At any rate I realized I spend way too much time with you people when I took pleasure at the Republican butthurt over the gay marriage decision.
    Post edited by Jack Draigo on

• At any rate I realized I spend way too much time with you people when I took pleasure at the Republican butthurt over the gay marriage decision.

ONE OF US
    ONE OF US
  • Never thought that I'd consider a job offer of 75k to be a fail. It's salary and will be way less than what I make now.

Looks like I need to negotiate.
  • But is it a better job? If it truly is "way less" then they probably won't negotiate up to what you want.
  • BP was 136/84 this morning. I've got a doctor's appointment in two days and I'm going to have to tell him the stress of my job has reversed every positive change I've made in my life to get my BP down.
  • MATATAT said:

Ikatono said:

Video games are a huge industry. If there were collusion (big if) then it would be worth getting upset about.

I literally don't see why anyone should ever get upset about it. Like... one person's game gets more exposure than others? That's literally the worst thing that can happen?
    If the corruption were real, then a product could be getting fake praise and ripping off consumers.
  • Ikatono said:

MATATAT said:

Ikatono said:

Video games are a huge industry. If there were collusion (big if) then it would be worth getting upset about.

I literally don't see why anyone should ever get upset about it. Like... one person's game gets more exposure than others? That's literally the worst thing that can happen?
    If the corruption were real, then a product could be getting fake praise and ripping off consumers.
    But it would need to get everyone involved in it. And once someone got burned once or twice by a sale then they would lose faith in that source. So it could possibly benefit a good developer that deserves that praise, or it would just make the reviewer lose credit.

This happens already without any corruption ever happening. People see one or two reviews of a game they don't agree with and they stop either trusting the reviewer or the company which employs the reviewer.
  • edited June 2015
    Struggling to see why this is a fail. They broke the law, they're suffering the consequences. Uber doesn't get a free pass because we like cheap taxis.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • edited June 2015
    Churba said:

Struggling to see why this is a fail. They broke the law, they're suffering the consequences. Uber doesn't get a free pass because we like cheap taxis.

I did a forum search for "Uber" and found this thread to have recent bad news regarding the company (which you posted, BTW), so I posted it here.
    Post edited by Daikun on
  • Ah, slight mistake of intent. No worries, dude.
  • edited June 2015
    Yeah, it's cool.
    Post edited by Daikun on
  • Rym said:
    And this is the reason I deleted my Facebook (well, one of many). A group that straight up says they'll try and doxx people who disagree with them have no place on the internet, and yet Facebook doesn't take the page down.
  • wouldn't you have to friend one of those crazy's to even have to worry about them?
  • Unfollowed.
  • edited July 2015
    Post edited by Daikun on
  • Yeah I kinda lol'd
  • Whelp. Turns out he's a moron.

Though, I think this came from the influence of his romantic partner...
  • edited July 2015
    Maybe he just turned into the Mask and we're all getting trolled.
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • His opinions on this are nothing new, he's well known as a conspiracy theorist/anti-vaccine type.
  • Well, my girlfriend's family got evicted. They've got 60 days to find new accommodations.
  • Girlfriend is in Greece where shit is still going down. She has family in Montreal to go to if the country really goes tits up, but the change is going to be pretty rough depending on how things go from here.
  • Cremlian said:

His opinions on this are nothing new, he's well known as a conspiracy theorist/anti-vaccine type.

As shown in the award-winning documentary "The Number 23."

• I feel this whole anti-vax thing survives because people just can't admit that they were fooled.