This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• I'm having more car trouble. My engine was having a misfire, complete with shaking, bad emissions, and a flashing engine light. I don't have the tools to pull diagnostics on it and my car manual doesn't even explain very well how to deal with the situation other than "seek help immediately." I feel like this is something I could possibly fix myself (looking at spark plugs, filters, etc), but I feel sick honestly looking at the manual or figuring out ways to help because every car is so different. I don't feel comfortable trying to fix it myself because I'll likely forget a step.
  • Just take it to a mechanic.
  • Just take it to a mechanic.

Doing so tomorrow. I imagine the costs will suck.
  • Daikun said:
    I'd like to apologize for the industry I was trained to work in.
  • I'd like to apologize for the industry I was trained to work in.

Don't. You're not the one making it.
  • Daikun said:

You don't know, he could be hired to work on it and make the epic emoji cash.

• sK0pe said:

Daikun said:

You don't know, he could be hired to work on it and make the epic emoji cash.
    Oh hell naw. I like money as much as the next guy, but my folks always taught me to never do a job I wouldn't want to put my name on and there is no amount of money that would make me put my name on that slow motion trainwreck.
  • We've had that for a while here.
  • Wasn't Steve's kid in one of those?
  • Daikun said:
    Finally, someone is disrupting physical exercise.
  • Last night I did a toothpaste spit take all over my monitor listening to ATW9K.
  • Why are you brushing your teeth at your computer?
  • It was like 2 am and I had to close some stuff up and run updates, so was trying to be efficient. I didn't really see this coming.
  • Ikatono said:

Last night I did a toothpaste spit take all over my monitor listening to ATW9K.

I know the show is pretty disgusting at the best of times.
  • An old friend fell off his apartment balcony and died yesterday. Ben Beever was a groundbreaking juggler in many areas, including numbers juggling.

I'm very sorry to hear than Luke. RIP Ben.
  • A man who was bicycling across America to raise money for housing was killed by a distracted driver in Oklahoma.
    For the love of god people we need to get tougher about distracted driving. It's becoming Mad Max out there and all we can do is just put out limp-wristed ad campaigns about not texting and driving (which, while a major distraction, isn't the only one people have behind the wheel).
  • The woman who killed him may be liable for, at most, a year in jail.

It's barely a crime to kill someone with a car in Oklahoma...
  • http://paleofuture.gizmodo.com/hitchhiking-robot-lasts-just-two-weeks-in-us-because-hu-1721544551

Hitchhiking robot trying to go across the US doesn't make it off the Eastern Seaboard.
  • edited August 2015
    Some chucklenuts is trying to convince me that somehow redneck backwoods militias would last more than 30 seconds against the US military in the "Coming civil war." Despite the complete lack of comparable equipment, vehicles, logistic and medical support, force projection, and force cohesion, and without the advantage of fighting in their own backyard - since it's also the backyard of the US military. He's currently trying to explain how none of these matter, since apparently Militiamen don't eat, sleep, or get injured and sick. And of course, he trots out the usual "The US military would defect because they'd never shoot Real Patriots!"
    Post edited by Churba on
  • His trailer would be rolled over by an M1 so fast he might not have time to get out of it.
  • Yeah, it's pretty much a case of "Call me back when AR-15s and racism beat Tanks, Jets, and proper Training."

Dude's just a fuckin' loon, with a few too many viewings of red dawn and too many Jerry Ahern novels under his army surplus web belt.
  • Churba said:

Yeah, it's pretty much a case of "Call me back when AR-15s and racism beat Tanks, Jets, and proper Training."

Dude's just a fuckin' loon, with a few too many viewings of red dawn and too many Jerry Ahern novels under his army surplus web belt.

I would have a bit of fun and egg him on. Tell him how one man can take out a tank easily, just look at Fast and the Furious 6! All you need are American muscle cars.
  • Yeah the "Coming civil war" bit seems a bit much. Wouldn't it be more of a revolution than a civil war anyway? The 2nd amendment is great and all but its not exactly time for that. Some things are getting worse and others are getting better. I wouldn't discount guerrilla warfare but what a lot of these guys seem to forget is all the planning the American Revolution took. They didn't just all get mad and one day run outside with their muskets and yell "fuck the brits."
  • I wouldn't discount guerrilla warfare but what a lot of these guys seem to forget is all the planning the American Revolution took.

I'm not, but the main advantages of that kind of force are knowledge of the terrain, the culture, and the people, and operational flexibility. When it's Americans vs Americans, that advantage is negligible, and their operational flexibility isn't increased that much, because they don't have the armament - hell of a lot easier to make deadly IEDs when your country is lousy with undetonated ordinance, unlike backwoods America.

• Yeah the "Coming civil war" bit seems a bit much. Wouldn't it be more of a revolution than a civil war anyway? The 2nd amendment is great and all but its not exactly time for that. Some things are getting worse and others are getting better. I wouldn't discount guerrilla warfare but what a lot of these guys seem to forget is all the planning the American Revolution took. They didn't just all get mad and one day run outside with their muskets and yell "fuck the brits."

Planning and French people.
  • Forgot to zip up my bag completely on my bike into work, my grandfather's watch fell out and was run over by a car.