This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• Nineless, this is a hole. Once you can't climb out, stop digging.
    I'm not going to dig forever, that would take too long, and the hole wouldn't be deep enough to keep me from climbing out.
  • May have accidentally fubared my test database with an improper shutdown.
  • Um......................explanation....NOW!!!
  • Amusement, why else?
  • Rym is considering a career in black and white, silent comedy.
  • edited September 2009
    [pic]
    "Young lady, would you please move so I can see the son rise?"
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • 1. What the heck! Is it forever!?
    3. You're no Tom Selleck. Only Tom Selleck can be Tom Selleck.

Rym, YOU'RE Italian Spiderman!?

• edited September 2009
    Northwest Airlines decided that the best way to serve me would be to leave my luggage in the Detroit Metro airport, despite the fact that I made my connecting flight with at least an hour to spare. The woman in the baggage office actually said, "Wow, I have no idea how your bag didn't make the connection."

I should have it by tomorrow afternoon, but it's still annoying.

EDIT: Also, all beer in Utah is piss-weak. It's required by law.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • I think a lot of you who read the Booh Yah! thread knew I saved the life of an injured rabbit when he was outside my house. Well I went back to the sheriff's office in the time he asked me to come back. I asked him how the rabbit, but he seemed very solemn and finally told me the terrible truth: the rabbit was dead. I was at a loss for words and was stone faced throughout what he said to me, but the emotions were so powerful I wanted to explode. He said that the rabbit was terribly injured from the very beginning and it was most likely fatal, he had hoped their care was enough to help him; but alas such was not the case. But, I made a difference. He said because of my pure and selfless act I saved that rabbit from any agonising suffering he could have gone through. He close with saying he wished there were more people like me who would go out of their way to save animals who were in need. I left and shook his hand and found a spot on the town green (the office was near there) where there was no one and I started to cry somewhat noisily. I said to myself "I saved it, wasn't that enough?!" I've gotten over it now because the only other person who has heard this was Emily at the con and she gave me some words of wisdom that lifted the weight off my shoulders. Thank you Emily. I feel like a better person after that ordeal.
  • Our healthcare system is fine and does not need to be revised, at all.
    Bleeding nipples? No coverage for you!
  • Our healthcare system is fine and does not need to be revised, at all.
    Bleeding nipples? No coverage for you!
    You women freak out over the littlest things.
  • Over the last few days I was constantly annoyed when browsing Firefox and trying to search something with Ctrl+F. It somehow didn't find the things on the page that were obviously there. I was already questioning of the last update screwed something up.

Today I realized I had the "Match case" box checked.
  • I said to myself "I saved it, wasn't that enough?!"
    Fatal injuries are still fatal injuries regardless of how much you call the animal ambulance. Also, you turn around the world, not the other way around mate.
  • Yeah, you did good. Instead of the rabbit's crying in the bushes at the mercy of all the other animals, it passed away more humanely. I'm guessing the vet probably saw that it was injured too greatly to survive and put it to sleep. Nature is like that, sometimes things get hurt and die, and the most you can do for a dying animal is ease its suffering.
    You did the what you could. For now, just be happy for all the other little live bunnies in your yard.
  • I slept till 1:24 today, and I feel like shiiiiiiit. My head is aching, my stomach feels weird, and my limbs and joints feel incredibly weak. My eyes are also watering for no reason and I'm having a very uncomfortable reaction to cold things. I dunno if I have something all of a sudden, or if my body is just very tired and achy from lugging around way too much weight for way too long at NYAF yesterday.

And, if this keeps up I dunno how healthy it would be for me to fast all day tomorrow... :P
  • edited September 2009
    I've been on trains all day. When will they implement wifi on these things? Seriously.

(They even have AC outlets on them! And some trains in "more civilized countries" have had wifi for years!)

In other news, sitting in Penn Station right now. I'll get into Albany at 7:45, then I've got a four hour drive back to Rochacha. In other news, I'm picking up all of my furniture and worldly possessions (as well as my books and my car) in Albany.

EDIT: In other news, I really like that phrase.
    Post edited by YoshoKatana on
  • GeoGeo
    edited September 2009
    I said to myself "I saved it, wasn't that enough?!"
    Fatal injuries are still fatal injuries regardless of how much you call the animal ambulance. Also, you turn around the world, not the other way around mate.
    Have you no heart? Have you no soul? Have you no compassion for other life?! Would you have just left it there to suffer as it squealed and died in pure agony? This may be an extreme response but I take these things very seriously and a little over the top; just one of my many vices. You come off as very heartless judging by your response. The fact that you look coldly and scientifically at the fact that the rabbit would have died anyway and didn't even consider the fact that attempting to save it would have eased it's pain and relieved it of agony just utterly sickens and disgusts me.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • UPDATE: Fuck NY weather. Got into Albany, but had to drive down to Saugerties because of the storm. Will attempt Rochester drive tomorrow.
  • Have you no heart? Have you no soul? Have you no compassion for other life?! Would you have just left it there to suffer as it squealed and died in pure agony? This may be an extreme response but I take these things very seriously and a little over the top; just one of my many vices. You come off as very heartless judging by your response. The fact that you look coldly and scientifically at the fact that the rabbit would have died anyway and didn't even consider the fact that attempting to save it would have eased it's pain and relieved it of agony just utterly sickens and disgusts me.
    Maybe before you fly off the handle, you can consider whether you've missed something, or that you've misunderstood the statement that you're replying to. Also, that it's Nineless.
  • Northwest Airlines decided that the best way to serve me would be to leave my luggage in the Detroit Metro airport, despite the fact that I made my connecting flight with at least an hour to spare. The woman in the baggage office actually said, "Wow, I have no idea how your bag didn't make the connection."
    My case is probably lost somewhere in Madrid airport at the moment. And I'm at home in Berlin.
  • @Lordyupa, while I completely understand why you are upset and wholeheartedly applaud you for your efforts to help the poor creature - you are coming across a tad over-dramatic.
  • Have you no heart? Have you no soul? Have you no compassion for other life?! Would you have just left it there to suffer as it squealed and died in pure agony? This may be an extreme response but I take these things very seriously and a little over the top; just one of my many vices. You come off as very heartless judging by your response. The fact that you look coldly and scientifically at the fact that the rabbit would have died anyway and didn't even consider the fact that attempting to save it would have eased it's pain and relieved it of agony just utterly sickens and disgusts me.
    Sometimes, despite our best efforts, living creatures die. You did what you could do given the circumstances, and you should feel proud of that. However, there was no saving that bunny, and - not to be callous - you need to get over it. Keep a realistic perspective; it's a bunny, and bunnies die all the time. It's how the world works. I understand that you put a lot of heart into the rescue, and that's good, but you can't let yourself get carried away in doing so.

Never rescue an injured animal believing that you can actually save it. You need to try, but you also need to resign yourself to the fact that you're engaging in a last-ditch effort. Those usually don't work.
  • Keep a realistic perspective;
    I said the same thing about Glenn Beck and the frog. Even if he did kill it accidentally trying to make a point, it's just a frog.
  • edited September 2009
    Keep a realistic perspective;
    I said the same thing about Glenn Beck and the frog. Even if he did kill it accidentally trying to make a point, it's just a frog.
    Well, there's a difference between trying to save an animal and having it die anyway, and pointlessly killing an animal to get ratings. I'm also quite certain he didn't actually kill the frog, but the point still stands.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • I'm also quite certain he didn't actually kill the frog, but the point still stands.
    I'm quite certain he did and then back pedaled.
  • edited September 2009
    This Youtube video suggests otherwise:

Even if this is all a clever cover-up (which I seriously doubt), he's right about one thing - this was yet another overhyped incident...
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • GeoGeo
    edited September 2009
    Looking back, I found that I came off as very silly. I seem to have that problem a lot, why do I have this problem? -rolls eyes- A good amount of social faux pa will always be a mystery to me, but I suppose that's the price to pay when you are the only geek in the small town you live in (I know I've tried gruelingly to find others but to no avail).

But it's of no concern to the rest of you, so pay it no mind.

I think I'll add to the Glenn Beck spiel by adding in a video from a gaming video series called 2-Bit Gaming.

Post edited by Geo on