This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Booh yah!

Comments

• Is it me or is Geeknights attracting people to RIT?
    Eh, sortof. I decided I wanted to go there a while before I started being a listener, or a forumite. I started listening to Geeknights because THEY went to RIT, as it were.
    I was listening to geeknights before I had to think about colleges and universities, so I would say they certainly did affect my decision. However, I didn't blindly come here simply because 2 people on the internet that I don't interact with much went there and happened to like it.
  • RIT NEAR-GET, MUST PACK COMPUTER, SLEEP, AND DRIVE FOR 6 HOURS!!!
    International students get to move in early. :3
    Jerk. :p I'm on NRH 5, you?
  • RIT NEAR-GET, MUST PACK COMPUTER, SLEEP, AND DRIVE FOR 6 HOURS!!!
    International students get to move in early. :3
    Jerk. :p I'm on NRH 5, you?
    I'm at fish, FHD. I believe Axel is one floor below me.
  • Even better, that cosplayer girl and I got paired together for an exercise and we find that we have many interests in common. Something tells me I'm into something good.
    Well done. I hope this develops well for you.
  • edited August 2010
    Even better, that cosplayer girl and I got paired together for an exercise and we find that we have many interests in common. Something tells me I'm into something good.
    Ask her out. ASAP.

/Pete
    Post edited by Sail on
  • edited August 2010
    No, be a pussy and be her friend, all the while hoping that she'll ask you out.

/Reverse Pete
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • edited August 2010
    Even better, that cosplayer girl and I got paired together for an exercise and we find that we have many interests in common. Something tells me I'm into something good.
    Ask her out. ASAP.
    Yeah, seriously. Don't wait about. Or as someone's grandmother would say "Don't dawdle". My grandmother wouldn't say that. She'd say, "Are you hungry? Let me get you something to eat."

Actually, with a little reworking, that might work too.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • edited August 2010
    List Price: US$2,074.28
    Our Price: US$1,865.66
    Sale Price: US$673.25
    You save US$1,401.02!
    Boo-yeah bitches!
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • Moving into college is fun, but hard work. Also, I can't move in until 3...Hrmph.
  • Moving into college is fun, but hard work. Also, I can't move in until 3...Hrmph.
    So you are just stuck mooching around Rochester?
  • edited September 2010
    Just met my roommate. He seems kinda shy at the moment. I am too. Luckily I had woken up 10 minutes before so I could get dressed and all that.

He brought in a TV.
    Post edited by Nine Boomer on
  • Yesterday I had a huge long list of shit I needed to do before flying out to New York tomorrow. With a certain focus I seem to have finished everything. Now I have nothing to do for a few hours... so I might as well play some NS.
    Well, see...I live in Rochester. I was born here. So I'm stuck in my house until...2:30 or so. 'Cause RIT is like, a half hour drive from my house.
    Well, see...I live in Rochester. I was born here. So I'm stuck in my house until...2:30 or so. 'Cause RIT is like, a half hour drive from my house.
    Oh..... (feels retarded)
    Oh..... (feels retarded)
    Nah, it's all good.
  • I found a Starfox 64 cartridge for 8 bucks and a Goldeneye 007 for 10 :D
  • If you just forgot that she was studying at Cambridge, then fail is you.
    I may be dumb, but I'm not that dumb. I would know Cambridge. :3
  • Ah, how I missed being in college.
  • edited September 2010
    The cheapest flamenco guitar is usually $550. I want to learn to play flamenco. My uncle has a decades old flamenco guitar he's never used.

FUCK YEAH, FLAMENCO TIEM:

Note that they hate having their music called Flamenco, and it really isn't. It just uses a lot of flamenco technique.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Fixed up my Converse with duct tape. I think I have just out punk'd the whole world.
  • RIT stuff has been going well. Freshman orientation is kinda silly, but all in all pointless. I'm just ready for classes and clubs to start and for my experiences to actually get good.
  • RIT stuff has been going well. Freshman orientation is kinda silly, but all in all pointless. I'm just ready for classes and clubs to start and for my experiences to actually get good.
    Ugh yeah, and apparently I have to get up pretty early tomorrow because my college is the one that has to wake up earliest. Gotta be ready at 8 oclock meaning I'll have to get up at 7, get ready, make sure I don't get lost going to gracies, then make sure not to get lost going to wherever I'm supposed to go. I'm not very good at not getting lost. Also, what the hell is the "GCCIS, you know" shout supposed to mean? At least what fish did actually made sense: "Fish is!" "OFF THE HOOK!" There's probably something I'm not getting. Otherwise, it's going quite well despite the usual bullshitery involved where you're informed of how awesome you are or how awesome this place is. I'm quite used to it by now so I kinda just mentally block out that stuff as noise.

Also, I saw this flyer which was way up on a blue box of some sort. You're supposed to tear off the bits of the paper with the contact info. I don't know who managed to reach up to there to do it.
    I'm almost 2 meters and there's no way I can reach that.
  • Which Fish are you in? I'm in Fish A. And yeah, the GCCISS chant is stupidly nonsensical.
  • Joe, don't bother, they're looking for basketball players.
  • Holy shit today was awesome.

Sun shined all day. 2 classes only. Got together with a friend I met at Lolla to study. Finished homework early, got into an awesome conversation. Now, it looks like not only do I have someone who is up for Bonnaroo this summer, but also someone who may have the blues chops to start a band with me. I'm mostly done with the best mixtape I've ever made, which is satisfying even if no one hears it but me. My writer's block is dissolving; I've got some poem ideas to put to page.

YEAH. PRODUCTIVITY.
  • Which Fish are you in? I'm in Fish A. And yeah, the GCCISS chant is stupidly nonsensical.
    Fish C floor 4. I see that flyer every time I come from gracies to the dorm entrance.
  • YEAH. PRODUCTIVITY.
    lol freshmen
  • edited September 2010
    Sweet! I found one of the first Business Cards I ever made, back when I first had my badge and ID printing business. I kept this one because it was funny, and because there's a small fuck-up on the hourly section at the back.

Front side

Back side.

Also, NSFW.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • edited September 2010
    Post edited by Omnutia on