This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Booh yah!

Comments

• edited October 2010
    In other news, I just got a huge surge of enthusiasm from some friends (RIT students who just got married) thinking about moving to Berkeley, CA after they graduate. I'm feeling optimistic for once in a long while!
    Aw dude, Berkeley is in my top three cities to do my grad and MD work in! I might run into you sometime!

THE FUTURE IS FUCKING AWESOME!
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Aw dude, Berkeley is in my top three cities to do my grad and MD work in! I might run into you sometime!
    Thinking about UCB for grad school? I highly recommend it! I'll probably (read: most definitely) move back to Berkeley after I achieve what I want in New York.
  • This is a Boo-Yah for the American anime fans, that actually like good stuff! :P
    For more info check the Vertical booth at the New York Comin Con :P
  • Phone interview GET!

The job is essentially teaching and troubleshooting SMART Boards. Just need to convince the interviewer that I can basically learn everything there is to know about a SMART Board by playing with it for half an hour.
  • I've found a group who are not only willing to play, but know what they are and already own a whole ton of German board games. My first game(s) of Power Grid in a few hours! Boo Yah.
  • I bought some new art for my wall:
  • I just ran 14 miles and I didn't die :D
    Aiming for eventual marathon runnings?
  • I just got a bunch of graphical components to a program I'm working to display properly. This is after my project went on hold for over a couple months due to training.
    Aiming for eventual marathon runnings?
    Yes, it will on the 6th of December :O
  • New computer get! And it's a dirty MacBook Pro too.
  • Finishing up installing Windows to a SSD. My OS now has a completely separate drive.
  • Payed BW with Luke Crane over the weekend at Burning Con.
    Played Burning Dark Sun at Burning con, and the party killed and ate another player...twice. So...awesome.
    Burning Reservoir Dogs was pretty fun and ended with every single player dead, mine dying last in Mr. Big's office, surrounded by the corpses of mafia thugs, in Mr. Big's chair with a pile of diamonds in front of him, gun in hand, slowly bleeding out as the FBI arrived.
    Saw lots of friends and ate lots of food.
    Awesome weekend all together.
  • Played Burning Dark Sun at Burning con, and the party killed and ate another player...twice. So...awesome.
    There was burning Darksun at Burning Con!
  • Payed BW with Luke Crane over the weekend at Burning Con.
    Played Burning Dark Sun at Burning con, and the party killed and ate another player...twice. So...awesome.
    Burning Reservoir Dogs was pretty fun and ended with every single player dead, mine dying last in Mr. Big's office, surrounded by the corpses of mafia thugs, in Mr. Big's chair with a pile of diamonds in front of him, gun in hand, slowly bleeding out as the FBI arrived.
    Saw lots of friends and ate lots of food.
    Awesome weekend all together.
    Oh, there were other settings there? Tell me more, I am interested.
  • Played Burning Dark Sun at Burning con, and the party killed and ate another player...twice. So...awesome.
    There was burning Darksun at Burning Con!
    Alex ran it. :P
    @GreyHuge - Yeah. There were Wheel-Rim games, one-shot settings and/or situations independent GM's set up to demonstrate mechanics or concepts withing the main BW settings, as well as Mouse Guard, Blossoms are Falling, and Burning Empires. The schedule was exhausting, but worth it.
  • Phone interview GET!

The job is essentially teaching and troubleshooting SMART Boards. Just need to convince the interviewer that I can basically learn everything there is to know about a SMART Board by playing with it for half an hour.
    Interview went really well. She told me that she's passing my information along to the employer (the recruiter is a third party/middle man), and told me I was "obviously very intelligent", and seemed impressed with my qualifications. She left me a voicemail a few hours later letting me know that she passed my information along and said "congratulations and have a good evening" at the end of the message, whatever that means (I'm being cautiously optimistic).
  • This. Fucking this.
    Wait a second, DADT was an actual law?!
  • This. Fucking this.
    Yeah, sad isn't it?
  • Yeah, sad isn't it?
    It was a step forward from where we used to be in that regard.

Now that is scary.
  • edited October 2010
    This. Fucking this.
    Yeah, sad isn't it?
    Damn, I just thought they just kicked you out the next time you did something minor.

@Pete: Women are still treated as property in some countries. Even in some groups among our's (Though this is at least not legal.).
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • This week's Castle involves a steampunk society! ^_^
    I'm watching it right now and I don't think I'm at that part yet. However, the Espizedo neck brace thing is hilarious.
    I was laughing hysterically in the school library because of this episode. The whole tackle scene had some genius directing. XD
    I'm watching it right now and I don't think I'm at that part yet. However, the Espizedo neck brace thing is hilarious.
    OH NO! I ruined the surprise for you. :(
  • OH NO! I ruined the surprise for you. :(
    Yeah, I'm used that by you when it comes to Castle. I'll make sure to return the favor in kind next week.
  • Yeah, I'm used that by you when it comes to Castle. I'll make sure to return the favor in kind next week.
    Wait a minute, why are you checking the forum while watching Castle?
  • Wait a minute, why are you checking the forum while watching Castle?
    I'm multitasking and/or have it on pause from time to time.
  • How is Castle? I haven't seen anything yet, but you two have peaked my interest...