This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Booh yah!

Comments

• edited October 2010
    How is Castle? I haven't seen anything yet, but you two have peaked my interest...
    It's Nathan Fillion being Nathan Fillion with really pretty Stana Katic. Also other very fun characters where you grow fond of as well. Lots of laughs, and some murder on the side. ^___~
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • It's a murder mystery show with awesome gallows humor.
  • I'm finally putting my first author paper together and hope to submit it by the end of November. I also got permission from my boss to start outlining and writing my thesis! Now I just need to go through the formalities of meeting with my committee and getting their permission to write and defend. BOOYAH

I really hope my cells do not fuck up the last few experiments I need ;_;
  • So, I just saw Li Akahi's post on Twitter/Facebook about getting Mew friday. Awesome.
  • edited October 2010
    So I didn't get into the Honors Concentration of the MCB program here (goddamn GPA...), but I did talk to the secretary of the only Synthetic Biology team on campus; I got an application to apply to be a member of the team. I am so excited for even the chance to work on BioBricks I am shaking.

EDIT: By the way, in case you're reading this, Pete, one of the faculty advisors for the group is the same professor responsible for the discovery of INO1 as the gene whose expression is responsible for alcohol-resistance in Saccharomyces. AWESOME.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • EDIT: By the way, in case you're reading this, Pete, one of the faculty advisors for the group is the same professor responsible for the discovery of INO1 as the gene whose expression is responsible for alcohol-resistance in Saccharomyces. AWESOME.
    Keep me appraised. I may have an interesting yeast for him.
  • Community is on!
    Greendale's flag is awesome :P
  • Just got my VA Loan Cert! Once my divorce is final I'll be buying a house with no money down and no PMI!!!
  • I just realized, Community is a lot like the "______ Movie" franchise, but with 100,000,000% more win in every episode. In that, they often do long references to movies, but the jokes are funny and not shitty.
  • There's an ice cream truck that comes through my neighborhood!
  • @Sonic: You got a Kindle too? What kind?
  • 'Sup guys, I just told my parents I'm not religious!
    How did they take it?
    How did they take it?
    It would be in the "Fail of your Boo-Yah thread" if it wasn't reasonably well, I'd think.
  • Well, I'm not disowned, so I think it went pretty well.
  • Plenty good enough. Congratulations, Sail.
  • I just realised how awesome it is that I grew up in a household where my parents never pushed any dogma on me and made me make up my own mind.
  • I got MOAR YARN! Can't wait to work with them. Too bad I still have like 2 projects ahead of it. -_-

Hosted by imgur.com
  • Nuri Yarn!
    She will maybe take pictures of the floof angora bunnies and goats and alpacas for me at her yarn fair.
  • Nuri Yarn!
    Indeed.

BTW, how is your knitting coming along?
  • edited October 2010
    Edit: Wrong thread, sorry.
    Post edited by Pegu on
    That's awesome. Man, I haven't even done that. Largely because I think my mom might actually die.

So, I got my judo brown belt tonight. Boo-yah!
  • @Geo The newest Kindle 3G.

@Sail Awesome! Good Going!
  • @Geo The newest Kindle 3G.
    What books did you get so far (if at all)?
  • And lo, the furry did lay defeated.
  • edited October 2010
    So, I got my judo brown belt tonight. Boo-yah!
    Congrats!

Also, Sail, good for you. It's nice to see another one out of the closet.
    Post edited by Walker on
  • So, I got my judo brown belt tonight. Boo-yah!
    Congrats!

Also, Sail, good for you. It's nice to see another one out of the closet.
    I read this before reading Sail's actual post, I had a small mental freak out as my brain tried to re-wire everything it knew about Sail, good job. =,=