This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Booh yah!

Comments

• edited October 2010
    Yeah, I was going to point out the misleading way he worded that :P
    Post edited by Sail on
  • @Geo The newest Kindle 3G.
    What books did you get so far (if at all)?
    My Amazon Shared Profile

Things NOT on that list that are on my kindle:
    Bartender Manga (Finished)
    Deadpool #1
    Ubunchu (Finished)
    Markers by Cory Doctorow (Finished)
    Ghost in The Shell Manga
    Love Hina Manga (Hey, we all get one.)
  • Yeah, I was going to point out the misleading way he worded that :P
    It may have been intentional. :3
  • Friend of mine asked me to take her down my old mountain this evening. Drove her up a little quick, saw and old mate up there just hanging out, shooting the shit with his girlfriend, and thus the idea was formed. I had my mate clear down the road through to the bottom, and then he blocked it off for just a few minutes, so that I could carry out my idea - Take her down the mountain just like we used to race. Poor thing left finger-marks in her car's Jesus handles.
  • Hell yeah, real-life Initial D.
  • Hell yeah, real-life Initial D.
    If I preferred euroveat to rock, it would be perfect.
  • Yesterday my family and I took my sister to Cirque Du Soleil's production of OVO for her birthday :D
    It was bloody fantastic!
  • Pretty much all of my panels went awesome, or at least well. Once again, Craziest Mecha Moments filled a room to standing capacity only.
  • Our big boss decided to show some employee appreciation by bringing in a breakfast: flapjacks, Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches, and BACON.

OMG, BACON! It's so delicious. I haven't had bacon in ages. It's salty goodness is making my morning pleasant.
  • Nuri Yarn!
    She will maybe take pictures of the floof angora bunnies and goats and alpacas for me at her yarn fair.
    Ro is like my best customer evar! I did not get pictures of the bunnies (we did not find them), and the leaping llama competition was on Sunday, but I did get photos of some alpacas and llamas and maybe a goat for you.
  • edited October 2010
    Ro is like my best customer evar!
    Well you make great products! Seriously.

That Earth Kingdom yarn is awesome. You will really like how the gloves came out.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • edited October 2010
    Some family came over yesterday for me and my sister's birthday. In addition to some good times with the cooler/more awesome half of my family tree (my dad's side), I got quite a haul.

$30 Amazon gift card (promptly spent on an arduino and two arduino books for the kindle)
    $30 Borders gift card
    $250 cash/check
    Awesome panoramic popup birthday cards that I will cherish forever.

B to the O to the O to the YAH!
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • I don't see one side of my family very often, so at a rare family event on Saturday, I discovered that I have a first cousin once removed who moved to Japan and started a family about 20 years ago after being stationed out there. Really hoping my December trip actually happens now (going on business travel, and these sorts of trips are very fickle)
  • Many days after pre-registering for PAX East opened, I had eyes like a hawk, and swooped in with the speed of an eagle and managed to get a three-day pass before it sold out. Hooray!!
  • edited October 2010
    Sold out? It's not sold out...

EDIT: Pax East registration Get!
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • edited October 2010
    Got my work quota for the day done before 3am, which is my usual bedtime! This calls for hotblooded music!

Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • I'm watching The Wire again. In case you were wondering, it's still awesome.
  • I saw this picture :O
    And it made me happy :D
  • What is that from?!
  • edited October 2010
    What is that from?!
    The manga that inspired the manliest robot anime of them all ... GETTER ROBO!
    Post edited by Erwin on
  • What is that from?!
    In Getter Robo, the main enemies are the Dinosaur Kingdom, the remains of the Dinosaur species that avoided getting killed off in a Getter Ray apocalypse. Ryoma has some choice words for them on occasion.
  • I've only seen New Getter Robo and that guy looks a little different than Ryoma does in the show. Barring robots, I wouldn't have made the connection.
  • I've only seen New Getter Robo and that guy looks a little different than Ryoma does in the show. Barring robots, I wouldn't have made the connection.
    New Getter's only OK. Watch Armageddon.
  • Oh shit - Today, I got an e-mail I'd been hoping for. Time to string another job on the resume - I just got invited to come to an interview to become a blacksmith at the Ipswich Rail Museum - Famous for restoring steam trains from all over the world to brand new condition.
  • Oh shit - Today, I got an e-mail I'd been hoping for. Time to string another job on the resume - I just got invited to come to an interview to become a blacksmith at the Ipswich Rail Museum - Famous for restoring steam trains from all over the world to brand new condition.
    Make sure to bring your apron, hammer, and anvil.
    That sounds awesome! congratulations!
  • Make sure to bring your apron, hammer, and anvil.
    Don't blacksmiths also have to wear chaps? Jeremy is talking welding courses and has to wear chaps. I try to have him come home wearing them, but he won't give into my request. It's a rarity I get to see man in chaps. It's even more rare to see them only in chaps.

(mind wanders off..)

Congrats. That sounds like it would be an awesome experience.
  • edited October 2010
    Don't blacksmiths also have to wear chaps? Jeremy is talking welding courses and has to wear chaps. I try to have him come home wearing them, but he won't give into my request. It's a rarity I get to see man in chaps. It's even more rare to see them only in chaps.
    I don't own welder's chaps, only Bullrider's chaps. But I do already own an apron, Snood(never used), Sleeves, boot covers, helmet, so on. As for breathing protection, I have a low-profile filter mask already, and all I need to do is put the correct filters on it, and they're not quite cheap, but I'll be able to claim them on tax. The Advantages of having a fitter and turner(Among other things) for a father - I've been able to weld since I was twelve, and one of my eighteenth birthday presents was a good welding helmet.

I won't say though, that I've never had a tan which was pretty much exclusively from welding flash, from welding in shorts, boots, and without a shirt, while smoking. I will say, however, that I've got a scar on my heel that reminds me to always do up my boots - Dropped a hot spark down the side of my boot, burnt right through my sock, and fucked up my heel pretty badly.

But yes, I'm hoping it all works out well. The only thing I'm not looking forward to - Working in a tin-roof warehouse, on a 40 degree day, with all my welding leathers on, with furnaces and other such shit in the room, running. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • welding in shorts, boots, and without a shirt, while smoking.
    Did I ever mention that you're kinda my hero? Because you are.
  • edited October 2010
    welding in shorts, boots, and without a shirt, while smoking.
    Did I ever mention that you're kinda my hero? Because you are.
    But I can teach you how to do stuff like weld, or tear down an engine, or pick a lock. Ride a few hundred kilos of pissed off livestock? How to smoke a pipe? Something, or rather, many things. It's all good. But I'm not anybody's hero, really, I'm just a dude. I'm hardly all that and a bag of chips, I just work hard, keep my ear to the ground, and learn what I can.
    Post edited by Churba on