This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Booh yah!

Comments

• Boo yah: I'm gonna be a dad!!!!!! Pregnancy achievement unlocked.
  • edited November 2010
    Boo yah: I'm gonna be a dad!!!!!! Pregnancy achievement unlocked.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Boo yah: I'm gonna be a dad!!!!!! Pregnancy achievement unlocked.
    Congratulations on Forming Babby!
  • edited November 2010
    *embarassed cough*

...Just bought this super-awesome shirt; Teefury has them for another three hours (at the time of posting) if you want one. Also, my "Trap Em All, Let Egon Sort Em Out" arrived today, along with a charcoal and black flannel and some awesome boxers. I love getting new clothes. Dropped another t-shirt size, too.

I split this sumptuous meal with TheWhaleShark and GreatTeacherMacRoss plus an appetizer plate that was wholly unnecessary along with a picture of Scotch Ale.

We had 5 different servers come to our table to see the spectacle & We EACH have enough leftovers for another full meal.
  • I saw Dino BBQ on some Food Network/Travel Channel show the other day and now you've convinced me that I'll have to visit. Damn you.
  • That is a lot of fucking meat. Jesus tap dancing Christ that makes me full just looking at it.
  • edited November 2010
    I saw Dino BBQ on some Food Network/Travel Channel show the other day and now you've convinced me that I'll have to visit. Damn you.
    I'm pretty sure two orders of that could feed the entire extended FRC.

This was the second day the Troy Dino BBQ has been open. The building is perfect and the food is outstanding. We showed up 15 minutes before it opened and it was still an hour before we got a seat. I'm not complaining. 3 different types of land animals and a dozen crustaceans, die in the preparation of that meal.

@Ro: We got done around 3PM. Pete is still not hungry... Think about it.
    Post edited by Wyatt on
  • My brother and I are planning Extraneous Thanksgiving. The main course: Turchetta.

Thank you, Fast Karate, for inventing a holiday for food geeks like my brother and I.
  • Extraneous Thanksgiving
    I am not aware of this fantastic-sounding holiday, and can't find a succinct explanation anywhere. Could you provide one (or link me to the Fast Karate episode where they describe it)?
  • edited November 2010
    I don't know if it works how I envision it, but what I've basically gathered is that Dave, Joel, or the both of them decided that one Thanksgiving was simply not enough, because Thanksgiving is just too fucking awesome. Extraneous Thanksgiving was then born, and from what I've gathered it's exactly what it says on the tin: an extra Thanksgiving, with all the fun cooking, drinking, and feasting that goes with it. Two fucking Thanksgivings. Wrap your mind around that shit.

Applicable thread.

I think Dave still occasionally visits the forums, so if I'm wrong, he can correct me. It's been mentioned more than a few times on the podcast, including on the most recent episode, wherein Dave declared that he was going all out and making biscuits and gravy for the meal.
  • Honestly, I hate Thanksgiving.
    You cut me deep, man.
  • Thanksgiving has consistently been the one day of the year where dreadful family interactions and conflicts take place. I also really dislike virtually all of the traditional Thanksgiving foods, and ones I do like such as mashed potatoes and pumpkin pie my family always manages to fuck up.

I guess the boo-yah is that I get to escape it this year.
  • Thanksgiving has consistently been the one day of the year where dreadful family interactions and conflicts take place.
    That's why Extraneous Thanksgiving is awesome! Cook untraditional and traditional things and consume them with friends! Buy everything you know you'll fuck up at sale prices AFTER the holiday!

By the way, when I move out west, we'll have mashed potatoes. They were the first side dish I ever made (more specifically, buttermilk champ, but I digress) and I am a master of that craft.
  • By the way, when I move out west,
    Ha, I thought you were going down-under?
  • Australia for study abroad next year. West Coast for grad school and beyond, hopefully. Shooting for Berkeley or Caltech for PhD work. Venter's Synthetic Genomics is in La Jolla, and all the other good biotech jobs are either in California or the BosWash. The main draw of California as a place to settle is the fact that I grew up with freezing cold winters, so I'm ready for a change of pace. Also, awesome places to hike and drive, and really good restaurants.
  • Ha, I thought you were going down-under?
    At first glance, I thought that was a double entendre.
  • Australia for study abroad next year. West Coast for grad school and beyond, hopefully. Shooting for Berkeley or Caltech for PhD work. Venter's Synthetic Genomics is in La Jolla, and all the other good biotech jobs are either in California or the BosWash. The main draw of California as a place to settle is the fact that I grew up with freezing cold winters, so I'm ready for a change of pace. Also, awesome places to hike and drive, and really good restaurants.
    P.s - Get your international driver's licence before you come over here, and if possible, when possible, use it to get an australian open licence.
  • P.s - Get your international driver's licence before you come over here, and if possible, when possible, use it to get an australian open licence.
    That's doable.
    For me, Thanksgiving is usually part of my birthday festivities, so I fucking love Thanksgiving.

Also, I have an unnatural love for mashed potatoes.
  • Why has nobody given love to stuffing yet? Stuffing = greatest side dish ever.
  • Why has nobody given love to stuffing yet? Stuffing = greatest side dish ever.
    I get stuffed enough on Thanksgiving on other foods, so I find stuffing to just be redundant.
    I get stuffed enough on Thanksgiving on other foods, so I find stuffing to just be redundant.
    You're stuffing yourself with sub-par food then.
  • Stuffing = greatest side dish ever.
    Bull, I eat pretty much every other side before stuffing.
    I'll have to respectfully disagree. Mashed taters hold that title.
  • Mashed taters hold that title.
    Herretic! Roast is the only true way.
  • edited November 2010
    Herretic! Roast is the only true way.
    EDIT: I have also found what appears to be a mint 2001 Porsche Boxster S down the road for slightly more than the Miata I was earlier looking at. The Miata I was eh about, but a Boxster I'll consider going into debt for.
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • Herretic! Roast is the only true way.
    EDIT: I have also found what appears to be a mint 2001 Porsche Boxster S down the road for slightly more than the Miata I was earlier looking at. The Miata I was eh about, but a Boxster I'll consider going into debt for.
    You think you can afford to fix a Porsche when it breaks down as all Italian cars tend to?
  • edited November 2010
    as all Italian cars
    *facepalm*

EDIT: To actually answer that question, I'm pretty handy with my wrenches. If doing my own maintenance will get me a Porsche then fuck yeah.
    Post edited by George Patches on