This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Booh yah!

Comments

• Hat.

I am working on getting it test knit before I release it via Rav. I will tell you guys when it is finalized. :)
  • That's cute. I love the colors. That row that sticks out, is that caused by slipping a stitch every other row? What kind of cast on did you use?
  • That's cute. I love the colors. That row that sticks out, is that caused by slipping a stitch every other row? What kind of cast on did you use?
    Bahahaha, wouldn't you like to know. ;P

Yes, slipped stitches. The brim is actually picked up and knit off the cast on to make soft, snuggy roll at the edge. It keeps my ears warm.

• Was that a self-striping yarn or many bits and pieces cobbled together from your vast yarn hordes?
  • It was a bunch of "Wine Country" themed fiber samples spun end to end.
  • edited February 2012
    Finally better after the Evil Nordic Death Flu (so named because it originates with my Swedish friend, who didn't have it nearly as bad). The change in my general health is amazing; I was so sick that just being nominally healthy again is like a transcendent experience. It's like being born.

Double Booh-Yah: Unintended side effect of the Evil Nordic Death Flu is the hard reset of my circadian rhythm. I woke up at 9am feeling rested today, which is something I probably haven't done since 8th grade. If I can start going to gym or running, the death flu might be the best thing to happen to me in 2012!
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • I near Nukey U has a pretty decent on-campus Gym that's either cheap(like, a fiver) or free for students and very convincing freeloaders.
  • I near Nukey U has a pretty decent on-campus Gym that's either cheap(like, a fiver) or free for students and very convincing freeloaders.
    Somewhat true. They bundle 250 quid into your year's accommodation which gives you the privilege of paying two pounds per class if you want to take a class there, and then it's around ten quid extra (one time fee) for a year's worth of free facility use (gives you access to bikes, treadmills, weights and machines, etc). I'm literally a two minute walk away and haven't had a decent excuse to not use it other than the fact that I've had some sleep and depression issues over the last term and am otherwise lazy, so I should get on that.
  • Got a DS Lite for $36!
  • Got a DS Lite for $36!
    Lucky you. I think that my DS is dying on me and I'd wish to find a deal like that at some point.
  • Go to Japan. There's loads for quite cheap, this was just the cheapest.
  • Go to Japan. There's loads for quite cheap, this was just the cheapest.
    Somehow I think the expense of the trip might somewhat defeat the purpose...
  • True. Revised: Go on a trip to Japan and get a cheap DS while there.
  • edited February 2012
    Go to Japan. There's loads for quite cheap, this was just the cheapest.
    Somehow I think the expense of the trip might somewhat defeat the purpose...
    If I still have the need for DS at the end of the summer I might use my friend who is there as a exchange student and get one though him.

Post edited by Apsup on
  • Bayside Shakedown was available on my flight out of Japan! Also slept on a plane for the first time.
  • See you guys at PAX!
    AWW YEAH. Do you know what department(s) you want to work at?

• Ordered a GoPro HD camera with a few accessories. It should be arriving this week. I have quite a few fun projects in mind!
  • Based on my practice tests and last years qualifying score, I could very possibly go to the USAMO.
  • Ordered a GoPro HD camera with a few accessories. It should be arriving this week. I have quite a few fun projects in mind!
    Mine arrives tomorrow. I'll start with some ski videos to get a feel for its capabilities, and then go from there.
    Mine arrives tomorrow. I'll start with some ski videos to get a feel for its capabilities, and then go from there.
    Cool coincidence. Are you going to talk about it on the show? Or have you? I've not caught up.

Cool coincidence. Are you going to talk about it on the show? Or have you? I've not caught up.

I probably mentioned it in passing, but I don't plan to talk about it until I've used it pretty extensively. The newest iteration has some nice features, and I want to plumb its depths. I'm curious how much of a difference head-mounted versus torso-mounted will make.

I want to try to make some trail videos at Hunter that aren't awful, see if I can balance correct them to really show off the moguls and edges and such. Once it's warm, I want to play around with biking in the city (mostly time-lapse trips to various places).

Coupled with the Flip, the HD camera, and my other equipment, I really want to use it at conventions. Just one more weapon in my arsenal. ;^)

• Pretty soon you'll just need to start carrying around a stack of waivers everywhere you go, for people to sign.

Also, you will become a gargoyle.
  • I ordered a screen for the back of mine, and I hope it will replace my Flip HD. My iPhone now takes better video than my Flip HD, but I still want something I can throw about and dunk in water. I'm really looking forward to playing with the time lapse feature too, as that will be totally new for me. My main test will be our 5 week trip to Africa.
  • The Flip serves a good purpose as a secondary camera angle for panels and lectures, but I have to color/balance correct it heavily to make it match up with all my other video sources.

It's also great to catch sudden events at a con when I'm not already recording anything, so I always carry it in my pocket. You're right though, the video quality isn't super great.
  • edited February 2012
    Is it just me, or does the video on the GoPro camera site have a Youtube Ad in it?
    Post edited by Rym on
  • Got a fluttershy valentine's day card from a friend. It really made me smile after a crappy and long day at work.
  • My hot chocolates will not be running out of dehydrated marshmallows anytime soon.

• Holy hell, where did you get that?
  • Amazon. There are no local stores that just sell dehydrated marshmallows. I prefer them over regular in my hot cocoa.

The shipping was almost the same price. Still worth it.