This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Booh yah!

Comments

• Just when I thought life couldn't get much better, I found out today that I'm designing all the costumes for my university's production of the Hobbit.

WHAT IS MY LIFE I DON'T EVEN.
  • Whoo hoo! Happy!
  • Go buy a lottery ticket.
  • edited August 2012
    A gradient between three colors provides a two dimensional spectrum of three-way continuity.
    This makes sense to me. Am I also high?
    Don't think so. Made sense to me too.
    Or are all of you high?
    I don't get high, I'm not even good at art, and it made sense to me.
    Well, I think I understood the first part. As for "three-way continuity", presumably he means that there are three extrema to go towards, but I don't see the significance of this, and that specific choice of words was terrible.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • The issue is a gradient doesn't have infinite continuity which makes more sense to me.
  • It does in theory; technological limitations prevent this in practice.
  • It does in theory; technological limitations prevent this in practice.
    Yeah I guess it doesn't need to be infinite anyway. The whole thing is sorta tautological anyway.
  • A gradient can easily be both continuous and infinite.
  • Voter Registration card GET!
    Card?

Card?
    Yes, a card. Technically I don't need it though, I can just show up with my state ID at my polling place. It's a just a card that tells me my address change has been processed correctly and I'm ready to vote.
  • I get a letter every election year explaining all that. But I've never seen a card.
  • Really? When I switched my stuff over to NY they mailed a card to the Albany address confirming my voter registration.
  • Sarah, my oldest, is reading 1984 for her summer reading assignment (yeah, she's a procrastinator like dad.) She had a choice of about 50 books, most of which were contemporary, popular stuff she recognized, and she chose to read 1984.

*sniff*
  • Sarah, my oldest, is reading 1984 for her summer reading assignment (yeah, she's a procrastinator like dad.) She had a choice of about 50 books, most of which were contemporary, popular stuff she recognized, and she chose to read 1984.

*sniff*
    Out of curiosity, what grade's the reading for and what else was on the list?
  • Prep for grade 9 honors courses. I think I read it in... 6th grade? 7th?

Anyway, other stuff on the list was Lovely Bones, Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.. stuff like that. Recent NYT Listers.
  • Took one of my best pictures ever while on vacation. Funny thing is I took it with my iPhone as I didn't have my DSLR with me at the time. Still looked gorgeous though:
  • Girl with the dragon tattoo is pretty dope but it's not really subtle with anything, it's just a badass detective story with probably the greatest female protagonist in the last couple decades at least.
  • I just finished writing my first ever panel for a convention coming up in November in Stamford, CT called Gobble-Con. It's a very basic panel inspired by both Gerald Rathkolb and Scryms' panels on directors of anime and why you should care about them when you watch anime.

t will have a heavy focus on directors' styles and common themes to look for throughout their respective bodies of work; be it thematic or visual. I'll be covering well-known directors such as Satoshi Kon, Mamoru Oshii, and Makoto Shinkai; as well as lesser-known directors such as Osamu Dezaki, Kunihiko Ikuhara, and Rintaro. Lets hope that both the panel gets approved and that I do a good job on my debut panel.
  • You're all going to hate me for doing it but I don't care. It was awesome. The Boo-yah of my day is the one of the best articles I've written for my marketing internship at an SEO/online marketing company: What Video Games Taught Me About Marketing.
    I know i just made your eyes bleed but please check out the link:
    http://nationalpositions.com/blog/what-video-games-taught-me-about-marketing
  • Prep for grade 9 honors courses...

...Girl with the Dragon Tattoo...
    Wat.
  • I just had an awesome birthday.

Hung out with my girlfriend with breakfast in bed. Played some CS:GO. Met up with a friend in the park and had some fun sweet potato fries. Packed for my upcoming North American tour.

It's not often we go out for a very expensive meal, but this evening we checked out a Michellin starred restaurant. It was totally worth it. By far the best food I've had all year. It always catches me by surprise just how much a difference there is between spending 100 dollars for two people eating out and 200 dollars.
  • Moved in to my new apartment with no hitch, yeah! :D
  • edited August 2012
    Most people use the trucks, not the hitches. But, hey, good on ya all the same.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • I have just been informed that the Pre-Calc summer assignment I forgot existed will not be collected and there will not be a test on it!
  • edited August 2012
    A peer yelled "Dave! Lookin' sharp!" at me for the first time in my entire life today. Words cannot explain how fucking good that feels.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • A peer yelled "Dave! Lookin' sharp!" at me for the first time in my entire life today. Words cannot explain how fucking good that feels.
    Thumbs up!

The last time somebody told me I looked great was when my first wife left me and I lost 70 pounds in like, 4 months.

• A good divorce is good for your health.