This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Booh yah!

Comments

• We had Dim Sum during our weekly lab meeting :3
  • Just won at furniture tetris and maximized the floor space of my bedroom.
  • Does that mean that all of your furniture vanished into thin air? That sucks.
  • Does that mean that all of your furniture vanished into thin air? That sucks.
    No, there are strategic single block gaps to prevent that.
  • Just won at furniture tetris and maximized the floor space of my bedroom.
    Explain to me the concept of furniture tetris, please? Confused I am.

• I'm poor as shit and my keyboard is rapidly deteriorating. Turns out, one of my girlfriends' co-workers had one of these bad boys, which was old, sticky, and generally not functioning. He brought it into the office and took all the keys off, tried some cleaning, and gave up rapidly - he had already ordered a replacement. At any rate, my girlfriend nabs it off of him and hands it to me. One weekend of cleaning later, and I now have a sexy "new" mechanical keyboard. Normally these could go for upwards of $80, more considering it has a custom keyset on it (off-color WASD keycaps), but all I had to pay was a couple hours cleaning and $3 for a new cable. Fuck yeah!
  • Good on ya!
  • AmpAmp
    edited July 2012
    I appear to have become 22. Huzza!
    Post edited by Amp on
  • Chalk up yet another oldening (23).
  • edited August 2012
    Happy birthday to you both.

Personal Booh yah:
    It looks like I will not be homeless this schoolyear! I still need to fill out the apartment application but otherwise it looks like I should be living with my friend Alex. Woot.
    Post edited by ninjarabbi on
  • I was able to swim 400 meters without stopping :D
    I ended up swimming about 1400 meters and I feel awesome :D
  • So, yesterday I swam one round of 600 meters and 2 sets of 700 meters.
    I feel pretty good today :P
  • edited August 2012
    Bound for the Keys!
    Post edited by Ruffas on
  • I played a show last night and, totally out of pure coincidence, the guy running the venue projected an episode of FLCL on the wall as visuals during my set. Made me really happy.
  • Awesome! Let me know if you play one near my neck of the woods.
  • So today i swam two sets of 1000 meters freestyle, and one 200 meters breaststroke.
    And I didn't die completely :D
  • So today i swam two sets of 1000 meters freestyle, and one 200 meters breaststroke.
    And I didn't die completely :D
    Congrats.
  • Your app status is Ready for Sale
  • According to yet another bullshit college ranking system (this one by Newsweek), I attend America's most "rigorous" college.
    What app is this?
  • edited August 2012
    In an attempt to aid in my weight loss, I decided to cut soda out of my diet.

That was a month ago.

I haven't had soda in a month.

Holy shit this feels good. I feel like I have so much more energy now that I'm basically just drinking water, juice, and milk. When I go back to school in 2 weeks, I'm going to start my exercise routine again, so everything should be awesome.
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • Yep, soda sucks. Water4ever!

(And coffee and Lemon Propel)
  • In an attempt to aid in my weight loss, I decided to cut soda out of my diet.

That was a month ago.

Holy shit this feels good. I feel like I have so much more energy now that I'm basically just drinking water, juice, and milk. When I go back to school in 2 weeks, I'm going to start my exercise routine again, so everything should be awesome.
    I've done this and can vouch for it.

The effect seems less dramatic now that I'm older, though, when I abstain from soda.
  • According to yet another bullshit college ranking system (this one by Newsweek), I attend America's most "rigorous" college.
    Ah, so you're attending Columbia. I look forward to welcoming you to the elite cabal of fellow Ivy League graduates once you complete your studies. I'll make sure there is a smoking jacket and cigar waiting for you. :)
  • I'm going to DragonCon this year!
  • In an attempt to aid in my weight loss, I decided to cut soda out of my diet.

That was a month ago.

Just for reference, how often were you drinking soda?
    What app is this?
    It's an app for doing high school physics experiments, we will release it probably this week.

• Key Deer are way cute and super chill. For those that don't know, Key Deer are ~3' tall, have no fear of humans, and thus now only live on a few islands in the Keys.