This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Booh yah!

Comments

• I heard a rumor from a friend that Cookie Dough Oreos have reappeared in stores. Sent the man to the store. 9 more packages have been procured.

M'WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
  • I've seen Reese's Oreos. This madness has to stop.
  • Reese's Oreos are to my tummy as Ben Affleck is to the movie Phantom. Yo.
  • I made it to the Top 3 in the Global Leaderboards of Titan iPad.
  • I have discovered the wonders of vinyl and biking.
  • Erwin said:

I have discovered the wonders of vinyl and biking.

Welcome to the brotherhood of audiophilia.
  • Just don't strap a record player to your bike and we'll be fine.
  • Successfully built a teleprompter in ~5 hours with several iterations. Boo Yah!
  • That's pretty sweet I like it.
  • What plans did you use to build it? Custom build or based on someone else's?
  • edited August 2014
    Just built it free hand. I've used a professional teleprompter at my university before and learned how they work, so I just tried building something functionally similar.
    I used one of my old speaker stands from when I was a DJ as the base. Those things are meant to hold giant 10" woofers in full cabinets 8 feet off the ground and not tip so I knew it could handle the load. Took an old LCD from my closet, the glass from a big picture frame I got to experiment with Pepper's Ghost stuff, some of the black foam core that used to be my set, and a bit of wood and tape and just sorta went to town.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Woofers is one of my favorite words.
  • One of my 3 club combat videos is going mildly viral at the moment. 50,000 views in a single evening is pretty good for my YouTube channel.
  • 130,000 views now. At this rate it'll become the most viewed video I have on my channel by tomorrow evening. I'm glad, because I put a lot of effort into 3 club combat, the tournaments, the website, and the tournament videos in particular. Going minorly viral is a good validation that it could become more popular in the future.
  • I'm on the road to uni.
  • 1. On vacation in the Outer Banks. Stocked with food/alcohol, walking distance of beach, pool, great friends, room for yoga...good times for a great week.

2. I have more freelance work post-vacation! Yay!
  • Due to logistical difficulties, we realized today we'd need to put Bloodcrusher on hold for like, a month.

"What can we do in a month?" We pondered.

I'm still not sure, but we learned that in a couple of hours we could produce a prototype of a multiplayer newtonian space fighter game...

• I now pay half the price for an apartment that's twice as big as my old one, all because my landlord works in my major's field and decided he likes me. And I got a job at a traffic engineering software company. I'm finally settled down enough to come back to internet life, what's up!?
  • Welcome back and congrats on all of your booyahs!
  • Cubed up a deer steak and marinated in hot sauce. Fried that then stirred it into a big pot of rice and black beans. Fantastic, and then I turned the hot sauce marinade into a buffalo sauce. So good.
  • edited September 2014

Cubed up a deer steak and marinated in hot sauce. Fried that then stirred it into a big pot of rice and black beans. Fantastic, and then I turned the hot sauce marinade into a buffalo sauce. So good.

Very nice. My favorite technique with deer steak is to coat it with salt, pepper, and garlic (or a BBQ rub), searing it on both sides, and then making a pan sauce with caramelized shallots, parsley, worcestershire, cream, and a strong cheese. Fantastic.
    Post edited by Nukerjsr on
  • That sounds really awesome as well. I raise a beer to you sir.
  • Went to a fancy restaurant (Rockpool for those in Australia) with friends and then won the cost of dinner on some easy roulette and black jack, I gamble may be once every 2 years or so.
  • Had an excellent trip in Europe and got engaged in the process!
  • Wow. Congrats. Glad your relationship is working out.
  • Rochelle said:

Wow. Congrats. Glad your relationship is working out.

Thanks Ro. As it turns out, a lot of the worries I used to have about us went away completely after I changed jobs, so I think it had more to do with overall stress than the actual relationship.
  • Lost more weight! You guys wont recognize me come MAGfest! ;3
  • Viga said:

Lost more weight! You guys wont recognize me come MAGfest! ;3

If you keep the hairdo I say otherwise :P

Seriously congratulations on that.
  • Got a call from the state police today. The evil one who tried to ruin my life by filing forged documents with the court is now in a jail cell (for the weekend) and will be going before the court on Monday.
  • I got my third raise of the year. 17%, 8.4%, and another 10% this week.

It's been a good year for my career.