This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Booh yah!

Comments

• After reading some of my panel submissions for Anime Los Angeles, the programming director extended a last minute invitation to me to perform at LosCon in three weeks!
  • Ran a half marathon, woohoo. If my body was not as busted as is I would have liked to do a full marathon but currently my body is telling me I made the correct decision.
  • I'm going to marry my best friend.
  • Andrew said:

I'm going to marry my best friend.

yay!
  • Congratulations!
  • Andrew said:

I'm going to marry my best friend.

D'awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

• Might want to check the law on marrying yourself.

BABUMCHA!

Here all night...

I've been performing at Anime Los Angeles for the last two years and I've been formally invited to perform this year, not just as a panelist, but as a featured guest! My picture and bio will be in the guidebook at everything right next to famous voice actors!
  • Getting a nice jacket from work, not having Barrett's Esophagus, and making 200$ dollars more a week!

It's been a good day.
  • I've finally started hearing back from co-op companies and getting interviews. Which is really nice after applying to a buttload of places and hearing nothing.
  • I'm through the first milestone of my Master of Philosophy (research Master's), the "Confirmation".

I'm pretty much like:

but it's still nice to have the weight off my back, especially after significantly extending the deadline...

The main feedback I got was that the project was pretty ambitious for a Master's, and that I could easily turn it into a PhD. It's pretty much what I was expecting to hear, but for the moment I figure it's better to keep my options open; I can still upgrade to a PhD at any time. If I do a PhD I think I want to do it somewhere else instead. On the other hand, it would also take a lot longer to do that...
  • So today I accepted a pretty generous co-op offer from Diebold for the spring. It's really nice to know what I'm going to be doing after Christmas vacation. The downside is that I start January 5th, which means that I'm flying to Ohio and starting work right after New Year's. But the sooner I start working the sooner I start making real money, so that's a plus. Also, housing in Canton is super cheap for some reason, which is awesome.
  • I'm through the first milestone of my Master of Philosophy (research Master's), the "Confirmation".

I'm pretty much like:
    [was there any ever doubt video]
    but it's still nice to have the weight off my back, especially after significantly extending the deadline...

The main feedback I got was that the project was pretty ambitious for a Master's, and that I could easily turn it into a PhD. It's pretty much what I was expecting to hear, but for the moment I figure it's better to keep my options open; I can still upgrade to a PhD at any time. If I do a PhD I think I want to do it somewhere else instead. On the other hand, it would also take a lot longer to do that...

You could just use it to study in a University overseas, depends if you want to continue researching. Is it possible for larger companies to fund your research?
  • edited November 2014
    sK0pe said:

I'm through the first milestone of my Master of Philosophy (research Master's), the "Confirmation".

I'm pretty much like:

You could just use it to study in a University overseas, depends if you want to continue researching. Is it possible for larger companies to fund your research?
    What do you mean by "use it"?
    As for larger companies, that's definitely possible; Google and Microsoft both have pretty solid research divisions.
    I've also thought about working at MIRI.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • sK0pe said:

I'm through the first milestone of my Master of Philosophy (research Master's), the "Confirmation".

I'm pretty much like:

What do you mean by "use it"?
    As for larger companies, that's definitely possible; Google and Microsoft both have pretty solid research divisions.
    I've also thought about working at MIRI.
    Sorry I mean you could finish a pHD in another University of your choice.
  • I have gotten my FIOS internet connected directly to the optical box with ethernet. Good bye crappy Verizon router with remote administration!
  • Got some new ear pads and cushions for my headphones and they sound completely awesome.
    I forgot how good they are supposed to sound.
  • Combined a black Friday deal, leftover gift cards, and Best Buy price matching to get a 50" Vizio LED smart tv. Spent about $150 out of pocket.
    It's beautiful.
    Also narrowed a constant Internet connectivity issue with the router, and got a new one.
    All tech in my home is now wonderful.
  • Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaang.... That's some good bargain hunting Adam.
  • That is a deal indeed Adam.

My boo yah sucks in comparison. All I did was get a new SSD and I made my old WD Velociraptor my singleplayer / LAN / indie game drive. All the high texture / high load time / multiplayer games are installed on the new half terabyte SSD.

Really looking forward to the next few iterations of terabyte SSD's, might get one or two with my CPU/mobo/RAM upgrade next year (if required).

Also my new video card arrived in the mail, will drop it in tomorrow.
    I feel very ignorant for not knowing that old nVidia cards could be used as PhysX cards. Incentives for keeping old cards would probably keep me in the nVidia camp rather than jumping between the two.

Also I got Splendor and 7 Wonders in the mail but Tokaido and Pandante are back ordered.
  • Also snagged the vizio sound bar today with wireless sub and 5.1 surround. It was $189.99.
    It's also very nice, and the satellite speakers aren't even in close to ideal pairings.
    We also found a 3pak of 6' hdmi cables for $18 for a likely incoming PS4 and any future devices.
    The tech gods have rewarded or patience.
  • I passed the Maryland Bar. Next week, I'll be in Annapolis for a required CLE-type course, and then I'll be admitted sometime in January.

THEN, I'll be able to start looking for a way to get back to Baltimore.

Oh yeah - I won two trials this year. One was an Assault II where a lady was accused of dragging someone down the street while driving her car. One was a burglary in which the defendant was accused of stealing from a church.
  • Abort Retry Fail has a Best Seller Copper badge on DriveThruRPG. I don't know what that means exactly but I know the numbers behind the scenes and I'm p friggin' happy with them.

Also, Dave Riley is now following me on twitter, which I personally consider the mark of a successful life.

• Also, Dave Riley is now following me on twitter, which I personally consider the mark of a successful life.

This is a lifetime goal of mine, it has moved up after meeting Churba in person :^).
  • So... uh... I just got namedropped at the VGA awards.

Whoa.
  • New Walther is quite fun to shoot, but I'm pulling high right. That's not enough of a fail to put that in Fail of Your Booh-Yah because that's a practice issue. But suffice it to say, that cardboard cutout's chest was hashed up.
    Whoa.

Wait, what?
    Whoa.

Wait, what?
    About a year ago, I suggested a name for a minimalist game about prehistoric life. I suggested "Before", a similarly minimalist title.

Well, dude just gave me a shout out.

In front of hundreds of thousands of people.

My reddit is blowing the fuck up.
  • edited December 2014
    Fuckin aye! NICE. Seize the moment and plug your games!
    Post edited by Victor Frost on