This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Booh yah!

Comments

• I graduated from High School Today. Good times.
    Well Done!
    Congrats!
    On a side not: I have a reoccurring nightmare that my principle walks into my office and tells me that my degree was invalid (and thus all my subsequent schooling is invalid), and that I have to quit work and return to high school for another year. It is actually really horrifying.
    Congrats!
    On a side not: I have a reoccurring nightmare that my principle walks into my office and tells me that my degree was invalid (and thus all my subsequent schooling is invalid), and that I have to quit work and return to high school for another year. It is actually really horrifying.
    Having finally left that dreck, I can sympathize.
  • Just wait until you start college and the dreaded sleeping through your midterm/final nightmares start...
  • Just wait until you start college and the dreaded sleeping through your midterm/final nightmares start...
    Just wait till you are working and have the dreaded dreams of making sure you wake up early enough and get in the shower, get ready, etc to get to work on time. Then you wake up and realize you have to get ready to get to work on time.

I've had this dream so many times that I've lost count.
  • edited June 2010
    Just wait till you are working and have the dreaded dreams of making sure you wake up early enough and get in the shower, get ready, etc to get to work on time. Then you wake up and realize you have to get ready to get to work on time.
    This is why you get a job on a college campus where no one really cares what time you get in... ~_^

EDIT: Also, if you get the right job, you can pretty much dictate your work schedule as a programmer.
    Post edited by Andrew on
    I still have those dreams every now and again.
  • I still have those dreams every now and again.
    Or I'll be back in school, can't remember my locker combination, wandering into classes trying to figure out why I have to deal with this bullshit again. ;^)
  • GeoGeo
    edited June 2010
    I am such a punchy, happy, ecstatic mood today!! My little brother has not only graduated today, but he graduated both as a CAPT (Connecticut Academic Placement Test) scholar and with Honors!! At least there is one Geo brother who carries the smarts, I'm fine just having the creative side.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • I have never had that particular dream, but I have on multiple occasions had the "oh shit I've been registered all semester for a class I did not know about, and have not gone to a single one" dream. Then you wake up and you've been out of college for 5 years. Fun!
  • A pretty coworker of mine and I took our breaks and lunch back-to-back together so we could watch Italy play Paraguay. The discovery I made? The girl knows as much as (and maybe more than) I do about football, and she swears like a fucking sailor to boot.

Truly, a woman after my own heart.
    To Quote my dear grandfather's advice to me, when I was a younger man - "HOOK IN, MATE!"
    Said girl and I are now going to an awesome Expat pub downtown to watch Spain play Chile for the right to progress on Friday. No idea if she considers it a date, but she looked excited when I asked.

I never had those dreams, seeing as I never had mid-terms or finals, me being an art major and all.
    I never had those dreams, seeing as I never had mid-terms or finals, me being an art major and all.
    Mine are never about not getting degrees. They are always about missing the bus.
  • They are always about missing the bus.
  • They are always about missing the bus.
    *Mad Rhymez*
    Oh shit son, old school!
  • Oh shit son, old school!
    I saw them in concert. I, non-ironically and of my own free will, went to a Kris Kross concert.
  • I, non-ironically and of my own free will, went to a Kris Kross concert.
    Did you wear your pants backwards? That shit was uncomfortable.
  • I think I've had all of those scary college/school related dreams. I wonder if this is a nerd thing? (You know, because we tend to actually care about school). I also have the suddenly nekked at school dream a lot.
    Just wait until you start college and the dreaded sleeping through your midterm/final nightmares start...

I've had this dream so many times that I've lost count.
    I have a similar phenomenon every now and then. I'll be asleep and suddenly realize I need to get up. I try really hard to wake myself, and have several dream sequences in a row of myself finally getting up and doing whatever, only to realize I'm still asleep. Its quite scary sometimes. o_o
  • See I just wake up a bunch of times if I really need to wake up early. It's far more counter productive than dreaming.
  • Bodge-job blank keyboard.
    "When paying or spraying seems too much, there's always electric tape."
  • I wish I had those "back in school" dreams. My dreams are all weird, like I'm driving down the wrong side of I-25, which is thankfully deserted, from the back seat of a car that's nothing like my actual car but is somehow still mine.

On-topic, I finally got around to buying a USB Wifi adapter, so I no longer need to drag a Cat5 cable around with my laptop. (It would be nicer if HP had made a more reliable laptop in the first place, but you can't have everything.)
  • On the dream topic, I'm also one of those people who have never really had those kinds of school dreams. I've had dreams about being at school, but it's always doing mundane things, like walking in the parking lot, or sitting in the cafeteria. Often times with people who never went to that school. But as far as being in class, never. Never had a dream about being worried about a test either, probably cause that never happened in real life either. I have had one naked at school dream, but I had it about 5 years after graduating. And instead of being embarrassed about it, I was more intrigued about how it would turn out. It's really funny when you are dreaming, and are genuinely interested in what your subconscious is going to come up with.
  • Grandfather not dead.
  • Grandfather not dead.
    We're glad to hear it.
  • edited June 2010
    Grandfather not dead.
    That's excellent news!

I had emailed an old coworker a while ago, wondering if she knew awesome tech companies in the City who were hiring. She forwarded me to her friend, who referred me to a really cool consulting firm. I hope to hear back from them. Also, have an interview with the UN (or at least, the company that does their IT) on Thursday. While it's a bit corporate and microsoft-y, it seems pretty stable.
    Post edited by YoshoKatana on
  • Said girl and I are now going to an awesome Expat pub downtown to watch Spain play Chile for the right to progress on Friday. No idea if she considers it a date, but she looked excited when I asked.
    Highly appropriate use of FIGJAM and butterfingers. Good work, mate!
  • GeoGeo
    edited June 2010
    Succeeded in manipulating a GBA Emulator to link up to either participate in online play or send data to another game. Booh...Mother...Fucking...Yah.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • Grandfather not dead.
    Yay! I'm glad to hear it! =D
  • Said girl and I are now going to an awesome Expat pub downtown to watch Spain play Chile for the right to progress on Friday. No idea if she considers it a date, but she looked excited when I asked.
    Highly appropriate use of FIGJAM and butterfingers. Good work, mate!
    Check the Fail of the Day thread.