This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Booh yah!

Comments

• This summer thus far, I flew out to CA! First stop was to the Sierra's, where I went spelunking, cliff diving, repelling, and lastly boulder scrambling up to the top of a waterfall! Then I flew down to LA and met a cool dude named Rob! During this experience, I also went to Disneyland and learned that I will never play bass guitar.

Also, SCUBA! :D
  • Just had my first shave with the old style double-edged safety razor and I'll be damned if it wasn't the best shave I've ever had. Can't wait til I actually get the hang of it.
  • I just hosted the opening show of the EJC2010. It was a lot of fun, but I sure got sweaty in the heat.

If you want to see me in action on stage, you can watch the whole show later. Not live, but a recording of the show. http://www.ejc2010.org/live

The video streaming is all run by my brother, who is currently streaming a diabolo workshop. Everything that is streamed live will be saved for later viewing on both ustream, YouTube and on the convention DVD.
  • This summer thus far, I flew out to CA! First stop was to the Sierra's, where I went spelunking, cliff diving, repelling, and lastly boulder scrambling up to the top of a waterfall! Then I flew down to LA and met a cool dude named Rob! During this experience, I also went to Disneyland and learned that I will never play bass guitar.

Also, SCUBA! :D
    Aww, I didn't know you were coming to our neck of the woods. I live only an hour from Rob. The three of us could have had an awesome time. *saddness*
  • Just had my first shave with the old style double-edged safety razor and I'll be damned if it wasn't the best shave I've ever had. Can't wait til I actually get the hang of it.
    Smart move. Did you get a brush and some shave soap too, or are you going the goop?
  • Smart move. Did you get a brush and some shave soap too, or are you going the goop?
    Got the razor and a brush together, but the soap's coming from England and will take a bit longer to get here, so goop for now.
  • Got the razor and a brush together, but the soap's coming from England and will take a bit longer to get here, so goop for now.
    I know that feeling, aye - What brand did you go for? I'm a taylor's of old bond street man myself, the rosewood soap is particularly nice.
  • edited July 2010
    I know that feeling, aye - What brand did you go for? I'm a taylor's of old bond street man myself, the rosewood soap is particularly nice.
    Same place, went for the lavender though. They seem to have discontinued rosewood though (unless you meant just rose).
    Post edited by Ruffas on
  • Same place, went for the lavender though. They seem to have discontinued rosewood though (unless you meant just rose).
    Ah, I was thinking of the rose and sandalwood blend, but just the rose itself is quite nice, too.
  • That does sound mighty nice.
  • I was also a bit of a spendthrift about it, and lashed out for a Best badger brush from Taylor, too. It's damn fine.
  • Got me a super badger, can't wait to use it.
  • edited July 2010
    Got me a super badger, can't wait to use it.
    I would have gotten one, but I couldn't afford it at the time - though, I might go back and dig my old taylors brush out of my stuff that I packed before I left, I don't know what quality it is - likely only a best, but it might be a super - I doubt it's a super, but for some reason, it's springing to mind enough that I'm giving it the benifit of the doubt and saying so, rather than letting it lie.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • I only got it because I got surprise government grants for the second summer semester.
  • Aww, I didn't know you were coming to our neck of the woods. I live only an hour from Rob. The three of us could have had an awesome time. *saddness*
    I'm sure I'll be coming back out sometime this year. We could all experience awesomeness then! :D
  • Taylor's of Old Bond St. is the best-est!
  • I just put over 50 books up for sale on Amazon, and before I was finished listing, I'd already sold a book!
  • French baker opened shop near my job, I just had the best Eclair I've ever eaten in my life, and the baguette, OMG.
  • I just put over 50 books up for sale on Amazon, and before I was finished listing, I'd already sold a book!
    Link to your stash?
  • French baker opened shop near my job, I just had the best Eclair I've ever eaten in my life, and the baguette, OMG.
    Lucky. Orlando hides the awesome far from the university (though there is a polish deli near my new house so there is possibility for kielbasa and blood sausage is high).
  • If Ordinary Victories is still there in a week or so when I move to my new house, I'll pick that up.
  • edited July 2010
    Link to your stash?
    Why didn't I think of that?
    Hope you charge the shipping cost only once for several books :D, got "The savage brothers" and "Steampunk Manimatron". If not, why don't you add a small sketch to it <_<.
    Post edited by MrRoboto on
  • Link to your stash?
    Why didn't I think of that?
    That Walking Dead is a collection of the first 12 trades, right?
  • edited July 2010
    Hope you charge the shipping cost only once for several books :D, got "The savage brothers" and "Steampunk Manimatron"
    Word? Actually, I don't have a choice in the matter -- Amazon charges you the shipping on each of them either way. I can paypal you a few bucks back, though. :) I'll totally give any forumites that buy a book a sketch.
    That Walking Dead is a collection of the first 12 trades, right?
    Maybe the first 12 issues -- definitely not 12 trades. It's 304 pages.

EDIT: Fuck all this, if anyone wants a book, let me know, and I'll pull it off Amazon and sell it to you directly and charge what shipping actually costs, and Amazon doesn't have to take their cut.
    Post edited by Funfetus on
  • I'll totally give any forumites that buy a book a sketch.
    Booh Yah!
  • Hey, Fun, is that Digital Painting and Character design any good? I have been working on my illustrative coloring skills, and I need a decent book on rendering and lighting comic characters. Let me know, because I might be interested in that one.
  • edited July 2010
    Hey, Fun, is that Digital Painting and Character design any good? I have been working on my illustrative coloring skills, and I need a decent book on rendering and lighting comic characters. Let me know, because I might be interested in that one.
    To be honest, I never got around to reading it. I do that a lot. Flipping through it, it looks like a pretty good primer on digital painting techniques, as well as fundamental painting skills, with a focus on edges, lighting, blending, and stuff like that. It's based on Painter, but I don't think you'd have any trouble adapting the stuff to Photoshop if you know Photoshop pretty well.
    Post edited by Funfetus on
  • It's half way through a 9 day festival. Fucking awesome. Today I organized an entire 2 hour variety show with 11 acts in under an hour. That includes doing the entire technical setup and briefing of all the artists.

Then I had a massage.

I think things are only going to get better over the next few days. Tomorrow or Friday I'll be hosting one of these shows, and they are all streaming live, so I'll post in the forum when it's coming up.
  • I would like that one. I will buy it from you!