This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

The Rules of Hungry Joe

Comments

• Rule 88-Back in mah day, long before the war, Pluto was a planet, and before that it didn't even exist, AND WE STILL DON'T CARE.
  • Rule 89-Back in mah day, long before the war, we didn't have politicians, we just had two guys who fought with rocks to see who made the decisions. AND WE LIKED IT.
  • Rule 90 - Back in mah day, long before the war, vidja games didn't have stories or endings; enemies just kept coming in bigger and faster waves until either you or the machine failed, AND WE LIKED IT THAT WAY.
  • Rule 91 - Back in mah day, long before the war, fruits didn't ripen, we just ate them raw. AND IT WAS BETTER THAT WAY.
  • As I am, so shall you be.
  • edited February 2009
    As I am, so shall you be.
    Oh, we know. But back in your day, long before the war, You were the Young Ones, with your Denim jacket and four steel stars in your forehead. AND THE LENTILS NEVER STAYED IN THE POT.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • But back in your day, long before the war, You were the Young Ones, with your Denim jacket and four steel stars in your forehead. AND THE LENTILS NEVER STAYED IN THE POT.
    That used to be my favorite TV show. IT WAS VERY FUNNY.
  • edited February 2009
    Rule 92 - Back in mah day, long before the war, we didn't have Batman. We just hit men with bats, AND WE LIKED IT BETTER THAT WAY!
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • Rule 93- Back in mah day, long before the war, we didn't have The Great Old Ones, there was only us, AND WE LIKED IT THAT WAY!
  • Rule 94 - Back in mah day, there was no cross-universe slash fiction. People in ONE universe had sex with people in the SAME damned universe, AND WE WERE STILL AROUSED.
  • @ HungryJoe- WOW! You had TV back in teh day?
  • Rule 95- Back in mah day, long before the wars, we didn't have philosophy, we just determined whether things were edible or not. AND WE LIKED IT.
  • edited February 2009
    Rule 96- Back in mah day, we didn't have empirical evidence, we had RUMOR AND HERSAY AND WE MADE IT WORK
    Post edited by Irascible on
  • Rule 95- Back in mah day, long before the wars, we didn't have philosophy, we just determined whether things were edible or not. AND WE LIKED IT.
    Hahaha!
  • Rule 97 - Back in mah day, we didn't have a God. We had a big guy named Phil, who would crush your head with his pinky finger if you got him angry, AND WE LIKED IT.

+1 if you get the reference.
  • edited February 2009
    Rule 98 - Back in mah day, we did have God, and he scared us, now we have science, AND WE LIKE IT BETTER NOW.
    Post edited by sibnova on
  • Rule 99 - Back in Mah day, long before the war, we didn't know what mud was. We just put dirt in water and threw it.
  • Rule 100 - Back in Mah day, long before the war, we didn't have razors, we shaved with our own teeth! AND WE WERE VERY SVELTE!
  • Rule 101 - Back in Mah day, long before the war, a wise and productive old age was better than a wasted youth, AND WE LIKED IT BETTER THAT WAY!!
  • Rule 102 - Back in Mah day, long before the wars, we didn't have brick and mortar. We just carved our caves out of granite with our NAILS. AND WE WERE BETTER FOR IT!
  • Rule 103 - Back in mah day, long before the war, we didn't have beds or sheets, we had razor sharp rocks and poison ivy, AND IT MADE US BETTER PEOPLE IN THE LONG RUN
  • Rule 104- Back in mah day, long before the wars, we didn't have women- We only had men, and we made do with what we had and WE LIKED IT BETTER THAT WAY
  • edited February 2009
    Rule 105 - Back in mah day, long before the war, youngsters repected their elders, knew their place, AND EVERYONE WAS MUCH HAPPIER.
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • Rule 106 - Back in mah day, we repected stuff, we had no idea what it meant, but did it nonetheless, AND WE LIKED IT THAT WAY
  • Rule 107 - Back in mah day, people were actually original with their jokes AND WE ACTUALLY LAUGHED
  • Rule 108 - Back in mah day, we had to walk up hills both ways to get to school AND WE LIKED IT THAT WAY
  • Rule 109 - Back in mah day, long before the war, we didn't have vaccines. If we didn't want to get Salmonella, we just licked a turtle, AND WE WERE BETTER FOR IT!
  • Rule 105 - Back in mah day, long befor the war, youngsters repected their elders, knew their place, AND EVERYONE WAS MUCH HAPPIER.
    Indeed.
  • Rule 107 - Back in mah day, people were actually original with their jokes AND WE ACTUALLY LAUGHED
    Joke? What joke? I was dead serious. I remember a time when little kids knew that their place was to be seen and not heard.
    Joke? What joke? I was dead serious. I remember a time when little kids knew that their place was to be seen and not heard.
    Yeah, and them's blacks, too. An' the womens. An' the orientals. And the gays.