This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Photos

Comments

• edited April 2012
    Went to the park today and took some photos of landmarks while taking a rest from biking.

http://flic.kr/s/aHsjzvpMea

Post edited by Apreche on
  • God damn, just looking at that picture makes my balls freeze off. What's with you and your love for lots and lots of cold colours?
  • God damn, just looking at that picture makes my balls freeze off. What's with you and your love for lots and lots of cold colours?
    It's a green statue, I like it.
  • It's basically blue in your photo. The entire picture is just blue. Ice and ice cold, similar to the picture with Mrs. MacRoss on the previous page. That one was completely drained of any warm colours there were, this just doesn't appear to have any to start with.

Seriously, status of balls, near necrosis.
  • What's the best/easiest way to take a bunch of adjacent photos and sew them together into a big one? Can Lightroom do it?
  • Hugin is a free panorama stitcher. There's a photoshop plugin called autostitch, but I don't know about lightroom. Microsoft has a thing called Photosynth, which stitches photos together into a semi-3d landscape you can zoom around in.
  • edited May 2012
    Hugin is a free panorama stitcher. There's a photoshop plugin called autostitch, but I don't know about lightroom. Microsoft has a thing called Photosynth, which stitches photos together into a semi-3d landscape you can zoom around in.
    Stitching! That's the word I needed. Lightroom can do it. Will follow tutorial later.

EDIT: Doh, tutorial says you also need Photoshop.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • Here are some photos I took today while biking to the beach.

http://flic.kr/s/aHsjA1ieiS

For some reason, I like this one best.

• Because it's soooo f-ffucking cooooold.
  • Juliane and I took part in the Berlin FotoMarathon. The idea is to take 24 photos in 12 hours, with an overall theme (this year "Seize the Day") and with a title for each individual photo. As we are both recovering from sickness, we did all the photography in and around our home. We started telling a story with pictures, but as you never have more than the next half dozen photo titles, there was no way to plan how it went throughout the day. It's a really good challenge, and we had a lot of fun.

Berlin FotoMarathon 2012 - Seize the Moment: Here and now (Hier und Jetzt).

Here and now (Hier und Jetzt).

Berlin FotoMarathon 2012 - Seize the Moment: Go for it! (Trau Dich!)

Go for it! (Trau Dich!)

Berlin FotoMarathon 2012 - Seize the Moment: Colourful (Farbenfroh).

Colourful (Farbenfroh).

Berlin FotoMarathon 2012 - Seize the Moment: Free choice (freie Auswahl).

Free choice (freie Auswahl).

Berlin FotoMarathon 2012 - Seize the Moment: Melting away (dahinschmeltzen).

Melting away (dahinschmeltzen).

Berlin FotoMarathon 2012 - Seize the Moment: Prefection (Perfektion).

Prefection (Perfektion).

Berlin FotoMarathon 2012 - Seize the Moment: Euphoric (euphorisch).

Euphoric (euphorisch).

Berlin FotoMarathon 2012 - Seize the Moment: Absorbed (versunken).

Absorbed (versunken).

Berlin FotoMarathon 2012 - Seize the Moment: City life (Stadtleben).

City life (Stadtleben).

Berlin FotoMarathon 2012 - Seize the Moment: Laughing out loud (lauthals lachen).

Laughing out loud (lauthals lachen).

Berlin FotoMarathon 2012 - Seize the Moment: Longing (sehnsüchtig).

Longing (sehnsüchtig).

Berlin FotoMarathon 2012 - Seize the Moment: Pause for thought (Denkpause).

Pause for thought (Denkpause).

Berlin FotoMarathon 2012 - Seize the Moment: Flight of fancy (Höhenflüge).

Flight of fancy (Höhenflüge).

Berlin FotoMarathon 2012 - Seize the Moment: Hot and spicy (richtig scharf).

Hot and spicy (richtig scharf).

Berlin FotoMarathon 2012 - Seize the Moment: Sweet tooth (Naschkatze).

Sweet tooth (Naschkatze).

Berlin FotoMarathon 2012 - Seize the Moment: Carefree (sorglos).

Carefree (sorglos).

Berlin FotoMarathon 2012 - Seize the Moment: Call it a day (Feierabend).

Call it a day (Feierabend).

Berlin FotoMarathon 2012 - Seize the Moment: Together (zusammen).

Together (zusammen).

Berlin FotoMarathon 2012 - Seize the Moment: Chilling (chillen).

Chilling (chillen).

Berlin FotoMarathon 2012 - Seize the Moment: Refreshing (erfrischend).

Refreshing (erfrischend).

Berlin FotoMarathon 2012 - Seize the Moment: Natural beauty (Naturschönheit).

Natural beauty (Naturschönheit).

Berlin FotoMarathon 2012 - Seize the Moment: Passionate (leidenschaftlich).

Passionate (leidenschaftlich).

Berlin FotoMarathon 2012 - Seize the Moment: Cherry red (kirschrot).

Cherry red (kirschrot).

Berlin FotoMarathon 2012 - Seize the Moment: The last dance (Der letzte Tanz).

The last dance (Der letzte Tanz).

• There have been a lot of storms lately, and I happened to be home at the right time, so I have tried twice now to get lightning pictures. The first time I didn't even look up how to do it online, I just tried it, and failed. Then Chase told me the secret of long exposure, I was like oh, I am the derp derp. So lightning is happening right now, and I tried it, but it's daytime! Long exposure = all white. I don't have an ISO < 100, and the aperture is as shut as I can make it. Is there something you can do with a really dark filter? I've also read about things that trigger when lightning is detected, but my camera doesn't have a remote shutter control. I tried burst mode and using human reaction time, not much success.
  • Your wife/sister/roommate/parole officer is hot.
  • In the photo story, she is my apartment neighbor. In real life she is my girlfriend. I guess you're talking about my photos above, anyway.

Scott, you're pretty much fucked with your current setup. Photos of lightning in the day time is a dark art.
  • In the photo story, she is my apartment neighbor. In real life she is my girlfriend. I guess you're talking about my photos above, anyway.

Scott, you're pretty much fucked with your current setup. Photos of lightning in the day time is a dark art.
    I guess I'm 100 years too early for daytime lightning. I'll wait for more nighttime action. Granted that's not super easy in NYC either with all the light pollution. I should still be able to get an exposure of a bunch of seconds, which should be enough when I am lucky.
  • I have just learned that Luke, with the right lens flares, can look both angelic and demonic. Though the latter might require a pitchfork here and there.
  • Long exposure = all white. I don't have an ISO < 100, and the aperture is as shut as I can make it. Is there something you can do with a really dark filter?
    The thing you are looking for is a neutral density filter. You would need a pretty dark one, and I don't really know how well it would work out for lightning photos.
  • Long exposure = all white. I don't have an ISO < 100, and the aperture is as shut as I can make it. Is there something you can do with a really dark filter?
    The thing you are looking for is a neutral density filter. You would need a pretty dark one, and I don't really know how well it would work out for lightning photos.
    Oh, those seem extremely useful!
  • Okay. Too cute.
  • I hate those swings.

I cannot use them. All I want is to swing.
  • I hate those swings.

• edited July 2012
    Went to Mystic Marinelife Aquarium yesterday (bought a membership). Sadly, the beluga didn't cooperate for this picture:
    Post edited by muppet on
  • I hate those swings.

Happily, the park in question has both toddler and regular swings so that your bases are covered.

• I hate those swings.
    You realize that those swings are not designed for kids of your size.

• I can't use any swings. Though I suppose I could go in with a welder and bolt cutters to fix that.
  • edited July 2012
    10 years of going to the aquarium:
    Post edited by muppet on
  • edited July 2012
    I hate those swings.

Happily, the park in question has both toddler and regular swings so that your bases are covered.
    Huzzah! Good park is good.
    You realize that those swings are not designed for kids of your size.
    I am well aware. The problem is that often if those swings are present, they are the only swings present.
    Post edited by Not nine on
  • Not that great, but the best I could do. Fuck you Macy's!

• Not that great, but the best I could do. Fuck you Macy's!
    Proof that I'm getting tired. I looked that picture for a while before I even noticed the fireworks. First I thought it was just picture of the city.