This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Otakon 2010

Comments

• Your costume is very pretty. And those pictures are very nice. Excellent landscape.
  • So pretty, bunnikun! Wow!
  • Wait wait wait...
    You were that Chii? My friends and I totally talked to you while you were reading that book under that tree.

I'll never get how Chii cosplayers manage to walk around...
    The same thing happened to me, except it was after the Anime You Should See panel.
  • Bunnikun, you look so beautiful! I wish I ran into you!
  • Aww thanks guys. n__n Haha yeah, I was that Chii. I met so many awesome people sitting under that tree. :3 I must admit, getting my picture taken is pretty flattering. And everyone found the fact that I was reading Sex, Drugs, and Cocoa Puff's hilarious. XD

But ahhh... that dress... I must have tripped on it about eighty times.
  • Aww thanks guys. n__n Haha yeah, I was that Chii. I met so many awesome people sitting under that tree. :3 I must admit, getting my picture taken is pretty flattering. And everyone found the fact that I was readingSex, Drugs, and Cocoa Puff'shilarious. XD

Small price to pay for the impact you made on the forumites and most people in the con in general.
  • Aww thanks guys. n__n Haha yeah, I was that Chii. I met so many awesome people sitting under that tree. :3 I must admit, getting my picture taken is pretty flattering. And everyone found the fact that I was readingSex, Drugs, and Cocoa Puff'shilarious. XD

How is that book anyhow? I've read Fargo Rock City and found it fairly enjoyable.
  • How is that book anyhow? I've read Fargo Rock Cityand found it fairly enjoyable.
    Well, Chuck Klosterman is definitely an acquired taste. His witty banter is what makes Sex, Drugs, and Cocoa Puff's good, but if you hate smart-ass over-analyzations, don't read it. The book is just a collection of essays mocking society; there's no driving story or plot to it. But seeing as you liked Fargo Rock City, I'd recommend any of his other books.
  • smart-ass over-analyzations
    The book is just a collection of essays mocking society; there's no driving story or plot to it.
    Sort of like a more smart-assed and less angry Hunter Thompson? That's the impression I'm getting. Sounds like my sort of gig.
  • While checking to see if panel submissions were up yet, I noticed that pre-registration is opening sometime this month. Be prepared, it's coming.
  • Otakon's new web site is actually nice now!
  • edited February 2010
    Otakon's new web site is actually nice now!
    I haven't poked around it enough to see if it's designed any better, but it definitely looks nicer now.
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • Oh man, I love otakon. All my con friends gather, so much fun.
  • GeoGeo
    edited February 2010
    If they do not mail out the badges, I will refuse to go because that line I was a part of was unacceptable.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • If they do not mail out the badges, I will refuse to go because that line I was a part of was unacceptable.
    What line did you wait in? If you are going to be in town on Thursday, you can wait with my friends and I. That makes the line infinitely more enjoyable.
  • If they do not mail out the badges, I will refuse to go because that line I was a part of was unacceptable.
    Yeah, I kinda feel the same way. They fucked with AA people last year, so I'm not going to do that this year. With no AA table, the price of registration and hotel plus the inconvenience of standing in line is just not going to be worth it. If it were the only time of the year that I got to see my friends, like it used to be, then I would probably go...but it's not anymore. Otakon has made it more annoying than I am willing to put up with to go.
  • GeoGeo
    edited February 2010
    If they do not mail out the badges, I will refuse to go because that line I was a part of was unacceptable.
    What line did you wait in? If you are going to be in town on Thursday, you can wait with my friends and I. That makes the line infinitely more enjoyable.
    The Friday line, complete asssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!! But who knows when we'll meet up with each other...you wouldn't really give up a spot in line for me would you...it's Otakon.
    Post edited by Geo on
    The Friday line, complete asssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!! But who knows when we'll meet up with each other...you wouldn't really give up a spot in line for me would you...it's Otakon.
    Pre reg and go on Thursday night. Yeah the Friday line was something, but it helps if you get up early like I did last year.
    Pre reg and go on Thursday night. Yeah the Friday line was something, but it helps if you get up early like I did last year.
    You're seriously willing to put up with this Viga? Even after everything that happened last year (no matter how awesome Otakon was), you'd still go?
  • Only one more year till I can hit the American East Coast cons!
  • edited February 2010
    You're seriously willing to put up with this Viga? Even after everything that happened last year (no matter how awesome Otakon was), you'd still go?
    Yes, because it's Otakon, and it's also our local con.
  • edited February 2010
    Wait a second, I probably had one of the best time I've ever had at Otakon last year. Where were all of you?
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • Wait a second, I probably had one of the best time I've ever had at Otakon last year. Where were all of you?
    Who knows. I was there last year, too, but I hung out with Geoffino and Li and Viga.
    I almost definitely won't be going this year, though. It's just not gonna happen for a whole bunch of reasons.
  • You're seriously willing to put up with this Viga? Even after everything that happened last year (no matter how awesome Otakon was), you'd still go?
    Yes, because it's Otakon, and it's also our local con.
    I sympathize with that, which is how I feel about Connecticon and the New York cons. But is there event he slightest, remote possibility of making a pilgrimage to the NE?
  • edited February 2010
    But is there event he slightest, remote possibility of making a pilgrimage to the NE?
    I already told you that I'm going to be a panelist at Connecticon, so I'm making a pilgrimage.
    Wait a second, I probably had one of the best time I've ever had at Otakon last year. Where were all of you?
    I also had the best time I've ever had at Otakon last year, but mine was mostly because I actually stayed in Baltimore last year. This year is going to be better, though. Convention Centre Hotel for the win!
  • GeoGeo
    edited February 2010
    But is there event he slightest, remote possibility of making a pilgrimage to the NE?
    I already told you that I'm going to be a panelist at Connecticon, so I'm making a pilgrimage.
    I also had the best time I've ever had at Otakon last year, but mine was mostly because I actually stayed in Baltimore last year. This year is going to be better, though. Convention Centre Hotel for the win!
    @1st comment: I wasn't just talking about Connecticon.
    @2nd Comment: I still stand firm by my previously stated decision. If worst comes to worst, I'll be sure to have a good time with you at Connecticon, and I'll be happy to show you around if you want me to.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • @Yupa Li said it right. It's our local con! I had a great time at this con every year, even when there were problems it wasn't anything that affected the socializing and otaku-ing. Those two things make the con for me.

Plus, you know you had some fun at Otakon. *pokes*
  • edited February 2010
    OMFG!

Yoshida Brothers: http://www.otakon.com/guests_yo.asp
    Post edited by Alex Leavitt on
  • GeoGeo
    edited February 2010
    @Yupa Li said it right. It's our local con! I had a great time at this con every year, even when there were problems it wasn't anything that affected the socializing and otaku-ing. Those two things make the con for me.

Plus, you know you had some fun at Otakon. *pokes*
    I sympathize with that, which is how I feel about Connecticon and the New York cons. But is there event he slightest, remote possibility of making a pilgrimage to the NE?Aside from my first meeting with the FRC forumites, it was just another con to me, albeit a much bigger con. Also, the fact that the staff are the way they are as Scrym has described being that I've witnessed them do many of these things, just knocks quite a few places below other cons. Not trying to hate on Otakon, it's just that they should focus more on the issues they have that people have pointed out; past & present, and use every single resource they have to resolve it.
    Post edited by Geo on