This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Games You are Currently Playing

Comments

• I was actually thinking about getting a PSP recently. PSX emulation and the few good PSP games would be worth it.
    I got used PSP and have no regret. Well worth the 100€ I put in it, at least.
  • edited January 2011
    Oh, and Jump Ultimate Stars is still really cool, though I should have acquired a Spanish version,
    There's a Spanish version?? If I knew this, I would've gotten that instead.
    I could only get so far in the single player mode of the Japanese version due to the language barrier, and the fact that in order to proceed you need to accomplish specific goals within the stage. Sure the game tells you what you need to at the beginning of each match, and it usually boils down to "defeat all your opponents", however sometimes it's something silly like "jump 3 times in the same spot." or "beat this guy first," and my non-Japanese self can't seem to parse that. Sure, I could use a FAQ... but by the time I turn on my computer and found it, I've already lost interest.
    Playing in Spanish would definitely fix this.
    Post edited by ColombianShadow on
  • Super Stardust HD is a robo-tron shooter version of Asteroids. I love it. SO MUCH.
  • Super Stardust HD is a robo-tron shooter version of Asteroids. I love it. SO MUCH.
    You NEED to listen to the Fast Karate about it. It's called "Asteroids wanna get liquored up!"
    I would say that this is still my favorite PSN game ever. It's certainly the only one I've kept around the last couple years.
  • I need some more recommendations for PSN games! I use XBLA more than my disc games, so I need to find out about some PSN Exclusives!
  • Oh, and Jump Ultimate Stars is still really cool, though I should have acquired a Spanish version,
    There's a Spanish version?? If I knew this, I would've gotten that instead.
    I could only get so far in the single player mode of the Japanese version due to the language barrier, and the fact that in order to proceed you need to accomplish specific goals within the stage. Sure the game tells you what you need to at the beginning of each match, and it usually boils down to "defeat all your opponents", however sometimes it's something silly like "jump 3 times in the same spot." or "beat this guy first," and my non-Japanese self can't seem to parse that. Sure, I could use a FAQ... but by the time I turn on my computer and found it, I've already lost interest.
    Playing in Spanish would definitely fix this.
    The Spanish version is most definitely floating around online, if those are the methods you use. That was my first instance of Jump Ultimate Stars, and was totally fun. If you prefer to import... I bet you can still find something. :P
    The best thing with the Spanish version? Being able to read the character names.
  • I need some more recommendations for PSN games! I use XBLA more than my disc games, so I need to find out about some PSN Exclusives!
    Legend of Mana is coming out on PSN, apparently. Get that when it does.
  • I really, really wanted to like Patapon, but I can't do it. I'm just not having fun with it at all.

I am having fun with Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, though! I should've played this game years ago.
  • Mount and Musket: A Napoleonic era Mount and Blade mod.
  • Only compelling reason to own GTA4:

• Has anyone played Raskulls? That's a really neat little Xbox Live game. It's original, it's fun, and it reminds me of the wonderful fusion of Mario Kart and Gourmet Race from Kirby. I wish it were longer, because I beat every little thing in about 4 days, but I really love that game.
  • edited January 2011
    Has anyone played Raskulls? That's a really neat little Xbox Live game. It's original, it's fun, and it reminds me of the wonderful fusion of Mario Kart and Gourmet Race from Kirby. I wish it were longer, because I beat every little thing in about 4 days, but I really love that game.
    Yeah, I played it down at the Mana Bar ages ago, it's great fun, especially when you're drunk. Made by Halfbrick, the guys who made Fruit Ninja, They're based down in Fortitude valley, in my city.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • edited January 2011
    Apparently, Portal 2 is going to have cross platform PS3 to PC co-op. The possibility that this is even being allowed makes me very happy.

Ed: Changed the link to go to the English source.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • I got Final Fantasy IX off of the PSN. I love being able to play FFIX on the toilet. CHILDHOOD DREAM COMPLETE.
    Final Fantasy IX is a fantastic game, in my opinion is the the second best just after Final Fantasy VI. The story is great, and even though the fights are random most of the bosses can be defeated by using strategy.
  • I got Final Fantasy IX off of the PSN. I love being able to play FFIX on the toilet. CHILDHOOD DREAM COMPLETE.
    Final Fantasy IX is a fantastic game, in my opinion is the the second best just after Final Fantasy VI. The story is great, and even though the fights are random most of the bosses can be defeated by using strategy.
    Wow, someone who agrees on the order of greatness of FF games with me...Say FFIV is the best after IX and I'll probably propose.
  • Say FFIV is the best after IX and I'll probably propose.
    LOL WUT.

FFIV is God Tier.
  • Say FFIV is the best after IX and I'll probably propose.
    LOL WUT.

FFIV is God Tier.
    I personally rank them VI>IX>IV>VII followed by the other games which become not so good by the time you get 3-5 more games in.
  • y u do dis?
  • y u do dis?
    Because I like them in that order? VI is just really really great in every way, IX is like a piece of art, IV is a classic in its own right, and VII is actually a pretty good RPG with some flaws. Beyond that, V, III, II, I, and X are okay (not necessarily in that order), and VIII, XI, XII, XIII, and XIV are really bad.
    Wow, someone who agrees on the order of greatness of FF games with me...Say FFIV is the best after IX and I'll probably propose.
    That raking is made of awesome!
    I would accept but I like girls. However, we can be Final Fantasy Bros!
  • edited January 2011
    DCUO is surprisingly...good!?

I am alarmed that I enjoy an MMO.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
    That raking is made of awesome!
    I would accept but I like girls. However, we can be Final Fantasy Bros!
    Kewl!
    (It's okay, I like girls too, I was mostly joking)
  • Finally got around to playing the Mass Effect 2 DLC (Overlord, and Lair of the Shadow Broker.) Overlord was interesting, but Lair really feels like a great way to wrap up ME2 especially if you've already finished the last mission and if Liara was your relationship partner in ME1.
  • I just realised I haven't seen any fan-fare for Monday Night Combat; It's been pushed back a week.
  • I just realised I haven't seen any fan-fare for Monday Night Combat; It's been pushed back a week.
    I really like the new map they put in, the new loading screens, and the balance tweaks. Is there another update being released or something?
  • PC release was meant to be yesterday.
  • PC release was meant to be yesterday.
    Oooooh. Almost makes me want to buy it just to see the polished graphics.
  • Dirt 2, CODBLOPS zombie mode, and Minecraft.
  • Just wrapped up Red Dead Redemption. Very engaging story with very likable characters (even though you're forced to do some unlikable things which did take you out of the moment.) The ending was very unique, chilling, but poignant; it fit quite well with the rest of the story. Very different from the typical video game ending of "Yay! The bad guy is dead! Now everyone is happy! Peace out!"
    The game itself was fun to play, especially as I stated in an earlier post, hunting animals. One could immerse themselves and lose quite a bit of time to these side quests, which is something I haven't done with a game in ages.